Clearwire receives unsolicited offer from DISH

JohnHovah

Wow, the wording at the end of the letter is very strong...

Given the comprehensive reviews of the alternatives, the Special Committee and board of directors determined that the Sprint transaction is in the best interests of the Company's non-Sprint stockholders.

MAXIMIZE THE VALUE OF YOUR INVESTMENT IN CLEARWIRE. VOTE “FOR” THE SPRINT TRANSACTION ON THE WHITE PROXY CARD

The Clearwire board unanimously recommends that you vote your shares FOR all of the proposals relating to the proposed transaction with Sprint by returning the WHITE proxy card with a “FOR” vote for all proposals. The failure to vote or an abstention has the same effect as a vote against the proposed combination. Because some of the proposals required to close the proposed transaction requires the affirmative vote of 75% of all outstanding shares, the votes of all of Clearwire stockholders are important. If stockholders do not approve the proposals related to the proposed combination, there is no assurance that your shares of Clearwire common stock will be able to be sold for the same or greater value in the future.

We urge you to discard any gold proxy cards you may receive, as they were sent by a dissident stockholder. If you previously submitted a gold proxy card, we urge you to cast your vote as instructed on the WHITE proxy card as soon as you receive it. A vote on the WHITE proxy card will revoke any earlier dated proxy card that was submitted, including any white proxy card. If you have questions or need assistance voting your shares, please contact our proxy solicitor, MacKenzie Partners, Inc., toll-free at (800) 322-2885 or call collect at (212) 929-5500.

I'm guessing that the Gold Proxy card was sent out by the combo of Crest and Aurelius Capital?

• Like 1

I literally just received my White Proxy Card in the mail... I can't imagine how I'm going to vote. :tu: :rofl:

• Like 3

Will you be enjoying any capital gains?

with the crazy roller coaster that is CLWR?? probably not anything of substantial value. But any losses will be offset by others I might offload shortly. I think I will just hold until they are absorbed.

Got one today in the mail :tu:

If we give Dish a red card, does that mean they're ejected from the game?

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 7

If we give Dish a red card, does that mean they're ejected from the game?

And Ergen is suspended from participating in the next potential merger.

:P

AJ

• Like 7

And Ergen is suspended from participating in the next potential merger.

:P

AJ

Straight red card is typically a 3 merger ban, second yellow for a red card is the 1 merger ban...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Straight red card is typically a 3 merger ban, second yellow for a red card is the 1 merger ban...

Good call. Ergen did commit a professional foul by intentionally blocking a Sprint scoring opportunity.

AJ

I'm thinking more of hockey (go Blackhawks!) Ergen committed a 10 minute game misconduct that should send him back to the showers.

What's hockey? :hee:

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Here is my prediction; The clear/sprint vote will fail by a small percentage, clear shares will spike, then drop off the cliff back down towards the dollar range once no one steps up with another offer. In the mean time, sprint/softbank will be be buying as much of the now much cheaper stock left on the market until they can simply do whatever they want without a vote.

Don't even think it will come to that. Even if the votes fails now, in October Sprint (Softbank maybe?) can do whatever they want since Time Warner, Intel, and others have agreed to sell their shares at $2.97. Masayoshi Son said more or less this in his press conference in Japan before he came over to the US to meet with Sprint shareholders.

• Like 2