HTC One preview thread (was "Any M7 takers?")

Feech

Well I am a sucker for most htc devices but if this doesn't come with an sd card slot then I will have to say no. Also, I wonder if 4.7" screen is a typo, I would think it would come with a 5" screen like the jbutterfly/droid dna. Anyway, I wish htc best of luck, they can't afford to make any further crappy business decisions but I know one thing, I won't get it right away, I will wait to see what the gs4 is all about before I make my decision.

• Like 6

Actually, I was hoping for more of a htc "note" type of device and this m7 doesn't seem to be that much of a revolutionary jump from the current evo. I mean htc had the flyer/evo view that came with the stylus and even though it was limited, some of the functionality was pretty cool, no reason why they couldn't have improve on that to at least try to compete with the note. Also, it was rumored that even the gs4 may have spen functionality, if that turns out to be true then that would put me one step closer to samsung.

I don't think that HTC wants to jump into phablet territory just yet. That part of the market has seen some growth, but I think that 4.7 to 5 inch screens are the sweet spot in that a man or a woman could easily pocket it even while wearing those dreaded skinny jeans.

Not sure how I feel about it. I'm a sucker for great hardware but every time I think I'm done with HTC they suck me back in. This phone sounds like a winner but you just don't know with HTC.

What I really want is HTC Hero of make the next Nexus.

Not sure how I feel about it. I'm a sucker for great hardware but every time I think I'm done with HTC they suck me back in. This phone sounds like a winner but you just don't know with HTC.

What I really want is HTC Hero of make the next Nexus.

I still have nightmares about my old HTC Hero...

• Like 1

I personally would prefer the 5" display. The DROID DNA looks amazing.

My biggest compliant with the EVO had been buggy LTE reception and just generally buggy software updates (like maps crashing).

As for microSD support, I wish they included it, but I get why they don't. Too many people buy really cheap microSD cards that die, then that requires a trip to the service center and an upset customer that they lost all of their photos. People end up blaming HTC for the fact that their microSD card failed, blah blah blah.

Just annoying that the rest of us get punished.

• Like 3

I don't think that HTC wants to jump into phablet territory just yet. That part of the market has seen some growth, but I think that 4.7 to 5 inch screens are the sweet spot in that a man or a woman could easily pocket it even while wearing those dreaded skinny jeans.

Hey....I wear skinny jeans.

Meh, this definitely sounds like a 'wait and see' device and not one I'd stay up late for it to become available on Sprints site. It's great HTC is talking about turning things around as of late, I want to make sure they're doing the walk and not just the talk. Especially if I'm going to be paying full price w/ no rebates.

I think the M7 phone should be a 5 in device like the droid dna. I went to a verizon store and played with the droid dna and it is a beauty. Im pretty sure the sgs4 is going to be 5 in and it would be nice tothe see a competing product.

Only problem with sprint is that they only come out with one flagship phone for htc and those that dont like the 4.7 - 5 in display category wont be happy.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

I think the M7 phone should be a 5 in device like the droid dna. I went to a verizon store and played with the droid dna and it is a beauty. Im pretty sure the sgs4 is going to be 5 in and it would be nice tothe see a competing product.

Only problem with sprint is that they only come out with one flagship phone for htc and those that dont like the 4.7 - 5 in display category wont be happy.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

I personally won't be buying any 5" devices. The EVO LTE and GS3 are plenty big enough. So if they do end up with a 5" device, they also better come out with a device in the 4.3 to 4.8" range.

• Like 2

I personally won't be buying any 5" devices. The EVO LTE and GS3 are plenty big enough. So if they do end up with a 5" device, they also better come out with a device in the 4.3 to 4.8" range.

this is the whole reason i went with iPhone 5. I didn't want anything crazy big. I do miss android though.

I hope so but Sprint needs to release more than 1 HTC device per year.

• Like 1

I hope so but Sprint needs to release more than 1 HTC device per year.

We used to have at least two HTC devices a year until 2012. I think the whole LTE roll out slowed that down. I'm sure we will see at least two or three HTC devices this year. especially if we see the first one in Q1.

Actually, I'm hoping the Sony Xperia Z will get coming to sprint

Sent from my Coconut Wireless

Sony very rarely makes CDMA phones for the US. I think the last was Xperia Play for VZW.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Sony very rarely makes CDMA phones for the US. I think the last was Xperia Play for VZW.

Tis a shame too. Their lineup keeps getting better all the time. And they are developer friendly.

Tis a shame too. Their lineup keeps getting better all the time. And they are developer friendly.

The only one I have tried was my brothers Play for about 5 minutes. I don't think it would be fair of me to judge Sony's phones based off of that one experience. That phone is pretty awful.

The only one I have tried was my brothers Play for about 5 minutes. I don't think it would be fair of me to judge Sony's phones based off of that one experience. That phone is pretty awful.

Never used a play... Cant imagine it would be that useful as anything but a gamepad first, phone second.

Never used a play... Cant imagine it would be that useful as anything but a gamepad first, phone second.

That's exactly what it was. I had one, and used it more to play than to call on.

• Like 1

Hey....I wear skinny jeans.

I wear them too! And I have a Note 2. And it fits - with a case - in my pants just fine, I'll have you know!

Now, girl jeans are a whole different story. Pockets on those are just for show anyways. Most can't even accomidate an iPhone.