Network Vision/LTE - Georgia Market (Warner Robins, Macon, I-75 Corridor))

fcp_dp

Still no ID showing in Sensorly, but I drove over to Carl Vinson, and signals lead me to believe it may well be that site that's on.

It's showing up on my phone as site 03A468xx. Wasn't on yesterday. Seems reasonably solid until you get into areas that will be covered by other towers.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

PhyID:  Not available

Cell Id:  (blank)

TAC:  (blank)

That's what Sensorly is showing right now... could run CDMA Field Test or something, I suppose, but it doesn't much matter - looking forward to getting things filled in a bit, and on out to the south from here (though 4G doesn't much matter at home with WiFi)

• 3 weeks later...

Seems like a few more towers have gone live in Houston and Peach counties: I-75 at SR 96, 127 at Houston Lake, and the other Fort Valley site on 49 North. I may or may not have also picked up the Feagin Mill Middle School site yesterday.

I'm in Columbus today so I'll see about getting more of the accepted sites mapped on Sensorly.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

The Byron site may also be active today, if network.sprint.com is to be believed. It wasn't working Saturday (well, actually, I got handed off to it and then got dropped), but I'll try to test it tonight.

Edit 10/8: The Byron site is definitely live. Also a crew was out working on the tower on Feagin Mill near Houston Lake Road; it looked like they were hoisting up a preassembled bracket with the four RRUs and the antenna already attached. I'll try to swing back by on my way home this evening; alas my camera is at home today.

• Like 1

Second Perry site (just south of downtown) is now live. I laid down some purple in Sensorly; I got pretty good performance at the fair on Friday, which is actually closer to the first site that went live. Also live is the site at the I-75/475 Bolingbrooke interchange north of Macon, although it seems to lack much range.

The Feagin Mill Middle School site in Warner Robins may also be live if network.sprint.com is to be believed.

• 1 month later...

Two new Warner Robins/Centerville sites seem to be at least semi-live: one on Elberta Road north of the old mall and the other at the Dunbar/Houston Lake intersection. I can connect to both with LTE-only mode on my Nexus 5 but they seem to be rejecting connections in LTE/CDMA and LTE/CDMA/GSM mode (presumably the eCSFB switch isn't thrown). Also, the site at I-75 and Russell Pkwy has been live for a little while too.

So, basically Houston and Peach counties should now be done except for the smattering of GMO sites.  Bibb still lacks a few non-GMO sites (one in downtown Macon, one on I-75 near Wimbish, one on the Mercer campus, and one in the industrial park off South Broadway); hopefully those will be squared away soon. Then they can get on upgrading the GMOs and LTE/1x 800...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I had a 2 1/2 hr layover at ATL International Monday. Picked up LTE in the airport with dBm signals ranging from -94 to -104, along with constant switching to 3G. For some odd reason, data wasn't working the entire time. The only thing I could do was make calls, and text. I went to many different areas, and concourses in the airport to see if I log onto the internet. Finally I call Sprint. They asked if I updated system, profile, reset, take battery out, etc. I was then transferred to a tech. He asked the same questions. Next thing he tells me, it could be a tower down in the area. He looks at the system he's on, and told me there are lack of towers in the area, and the network may also be communicating with the planes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Moments ago, new text from Sprint:

"Over the next month, the new network will be largely completed in your area. "

Along with a link to shop for phones...

I'd thought they were pretty much done with middle Georgia a while back - I haven't run Sensorly in a while, but there's quite a bit of purple around the midstate.

Yeah, all that's left in the area are three sites in Macon (downtown at MLK and Riverside, Inglewood Village, and on the Mercer student union building) and then all the 3G GMOs in rural areas. And the weird GMO on 129/247 on the north side of Warner Robins - not sure why they didn't do a full build there since you'd assume backhaul wouldn't be an issue in the city limits. That would fill in the gap in 4G coverage around Avondale.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

First Band 26 sites accepted in the Georgia market. Details in the Premier Sponsor B26/LTE 800 thread.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Signal check lite reported a 1x800 signal outside of Cordele, GA today on hwy 300. I was at a gas station closer to Warwick, GA. It went away before I could get a screenshot. Will go there again either Sunday or Monday a try to get a screenshot.

• Like 1

Looks like my previous post may have been non repeatable. I have gone to the same area more than once and have not seen again. Wondering if what happened was it displayed something weird during the scan and was incorrect, or just testing. It was just a blip, so I am leaning toward an incorrect display during a scan. 

Looks like my previous post may have been non repeatable. I have gone to the same area more than once and have not seen again. Wondering if what happened was it displayed something weird during the scan and was incorrect, or just testing. It was just a blip, so I am leaning toward an incorrect display during a scan.

If you have any PCS 1900 signal available, your device will not even scan for 800.

If you have any PCS 1900 signal available, your device will not even scan for 800.

The area is where it starts to cut over to roaming. It is right at or just over cell edge, so that should be where I would see scans start, right?

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed today no LTE, at all, on the ride to work, at work and at home.  Should have been on the Carl Vinson tower, the Feagin Mill School tower and at least the Hwy 127 tower... on the ride home, I kept my LG G2 out and watched as I rode down Lake Joy Road.  Even at Feagin Mill and Lake Joy, while I sat at the light, no LTE.  Just 3G.

Has Sprint got trouble around Warner Robins, so they turned off 4G to get a handle on it?

I noticed today no LTE, at all, on the ride to work, at work and at home. Should have been on the Carl Vinson tower, the Feagin Mill School tower and at least the Hwy 127 tower... on the ride home, I kept my LG G2 out and watched as I rode down Lake Joy Road. Even at Feagin Mill and Lake Joy, while I sat at the light, no LTE. Just 3G.

Has Sprint got trouble around Warner Robins, so they turned off 4G to get a handle on it?

I didn't notice anything today in the area (I was all over Warner Robins this afternoon) on my Nexus 5 except losing 4G indoors a few places. Maybe an eCSFB glitch? Might be worth a phone reboot.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Definitely something up, at least with KitKat on the G2... no LTE sitting in the parking lot at the Houston County Annex this morning, looking at the Carl Vinson tower.

If I toggled airplane mode, I get LTE for a few minutes, then it drops back to 3G.  The same has happened all day - toggle airplane mode, get LTE for a few minutes, then drops back to 3G.

Restarting the phone didn't help.  Updating the PRL didn't help.

Somewhat annoying, but I guess it's eCSFB related.  

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone. Thinking about switching over to sprint since tmo is super struggling in middle GA. Especially in perry. How is the LTE in middle ga, Perry? The map on site says great LTE coverage and voice coverage is pretty good, but what about real world? Thanks everyone.

Hey everyone. Thinking about switching over to sprint since tmo is super struggling in middle GA. Especially in perry. How is the LTE in middle ga, Perry? The map on site says great LTE coverage and voice coverage is pretty good, but what about real world? Thanks everyone.

I've had pretty good experiences in Houston County generally, and in Perry proper. If you take a look at Sensorly you should see a pretty representative map of coverage in the area (the maps on Sprint's site are rather wildly optimistic).

• Like 1

I've had pretty good experiences in Houston County generally, and in Perry proper. If you take a look at Sensorly you should see a pretty representative map of coverage in the area (the maps on Sprint's site are rather wildly optimistic).

Ty very much!! Ya, it appears that they have really improved. How is LTE speeds? Call quality?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guys on the tower at the Clear protection site in Warner Robins. Only had my phone with me so these aren't the best pictures; looks like they're adding antennas on the lowest tier of the site.

Not even sure if it's the Clear one being worked on; maybe someone with better eyes can tell.

juhe7uma.jpg

Full photo at Flickr: https://flic.kr/p/oFBWnq

After further study I don't think it's the WiMax protection site they're working on because that entire bottom rack is new since the Streetview image from two years ago (when presumably the protection site was already installed). Top rack is surely T-Mobile since the tower was built by Powertel. I think that the Clear gear is on the second tier from the top but I don't know enough to tell. I'll take my DSLR with me and try to get some better pictures this week.

Edit: Better photo here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lordsutch/14913366340/

• Like 1