Network Vision/LTE - Delaware market (including Wilmington, Dover, Laurel and Elkton MD)

cjinohio03

I saw it is supposed to be being worked on now. Anyone live here on here?

I don't live there, but recently went there for Christmas shopping (no tax!), and saw no LTE. Didn't go very far in though, just to Christiana Mall.

I live in Newark, work in Wilmington, & haven't seen any traces of LTE yet, but I've been getting great 3G speeds of 2mb down consistently when I'm at work.

Sent from my SGS3

• 2 weeks later...
According to Sensorly there is a small area along 113 in Selbyville that has LTE, man they need to bring that upstate lol

Sent from my SGS3

That blip in Selbyville is actually from a site in Maryland from the Baltimore market. It will probably be another month or so before AlcaLu starts turning in LTE in the Delaware market.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Unpatiently waiting :lol: for LTE to light up in Dover and points south lol Hope post #6 is right!!

Unfortunately, no. We didn't know back then that the sites being deployed at the time in Delaware were GMO sites. Full build sites with LTE will not begin for a few more months. :td:

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, no. We didn't know back then that the sites being deployed at the time in Delaware were GMO sites. Full build sites with LTE will not begin for a few more months. :td:

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

Unfortunate. Hopefully the Rt 1 / US 113 corridor will see some LTE action this summer season. 3G coverage is adequate but network speeds aren't enough to keep up with Pandora or TuneIn Radio. Also, as with any coastal area, network coverage along the beaches is problematic (this is certainly not exclusive to Sprint).

• 2 weeks later...

All this time I never realized that I had a tower right across from my job, I'll definitely be keeping a close eye on it for the coming months now

post-9148-13639661565774_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SGS3

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Naamans Rd between Darley Rd & 202 there's LTE available, very welcoming to see the first sites of LTE here in the state :D

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

• Like 2

Was back up in the Claymont area this morning & took this speed test while in the parking lot of Acme on Naamans Rd.

post-9148-13671694516645_thumb.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

So far, no LTE sites have been accepted in the Delaware market. So this new discovery is either coming across the border from the Philadelphia Metro market, or there is a site in Delaware that is doing testing, but not been accepted from Sprint.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

So far, no LTE sites have been accepted in the Delaware market. So this new discovery is either coming across the border from the Philadelphia Metro market, or there is a site in Delaware that is doing testing, but not been accepted from Sprint.

Looking at Sensorly & knowing the locales in Delaware, I'm pretty sure the LTE reception is coming from a couple of Philadelphia market sites. I would love to see that change soon though; Wilmington would fill in the coverage gap between Philadelphia & Baltimore in the I-95 corridor.

• Like 2

I kinda figured that the signal was coming from across the state line in PA since where I was at is literally on the DE/PA line, but it did felt good seeing that 4G light up on my Note 2 lol.

Looking at Sensorly & knowing the locales in Delaware, I'm pretty sure the LTE reception is coming from a couple of Philadelphia market sites. I would love to see that change soon though; Wilmington would fill in the coverage gap between Philadelphia & Baltimore in the I-95 corridor.

Man I'm waiting for that day lol. I was born & raised in Baltimore & I'm usually back & forth there visiting my family along with my sister in Philly, & whenever I come back here to DE its like a letdown after being in those 4G areas. I've been fighting the urge for a few months to dump Sprint & go to T-Mobile since not only is HSPA is here but also its been refarmed for 1900Mhz, but I also know great things are coming for Sprint & LTE will be here, I just need to be a bit more patient lol.

Naamans Rd between Darley Rd & 202 there's LTE available, very welcoming to see the first sites of LTE here in the state :D

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

I just saw this 2 days ago! But couldn't actually get any data to move through the connection. Was ecstatic to see the 4G on my phone screen though. :)

Man I'm waiting for that day lol. I was born & raised in Baltimore & I'm usually back & forth there visiting my family along with my sister in Philly, & whenever I come back here to DE its like a letdown after being in those 4G areas. I've been fighting the urge for a few months to dump Sprint & go to T-Mobile since not only is HSPA is here but also its been refarmed for 1900Mhz, but I also know great things are coming for Sprint & LTE will be here, I just need to be a bit more patient lol.

I spend a lot of time in southern Delaware, so I can commiserate with you. Data speeds & coverage down there are still pretty poor. I do a lot of roaming in the towns of Lewes & Rehoboth Beach. Meanwhile, my wife on Verizon has adequate LTE and good coverage, even near the coastline. I hope NV helps with this issue but I think lack of tower density is going to continue to be an issue.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

still waiting for LTE in Central Delaware (Kent County) I cant stand being in the middle lol it always seems New Castle County and the beaches get everything first for reasons that I DO understand but still lol End gripe session. I was wondering the iden shutoff will that improve signal quality in these parts? It just seems some towers are adequate but some towers are just awful but im definitely sticking around for the good things to come!! :)

still waiting for LTE in Central Delaware (Kent County) I cant stand being in the middle lol it always seems New Castle County and the beaches get everything first for reasons that I DO understand but still lol End gripe session.

I was just in Sussex County for several days and while LTE is at the doorstep in Salisbury MD I did find 3G speeds very good.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Given the conversations I've had with Sprint the last five days, Wilmington should have 4G LTE by Tuesday evening.  I have been on roaming since Wednesday 5/15 and it is because the tower has been down due to upgrades.  We'll see if they meet this...fingers crossed.

So Tuesday night's deadline produced broken dreams.  Now Sprint has pushed it to Thursday night, 7PM.  I raised quite a fuss about the local tower being down for upgrades and causing dropped calls/constant roaming.  It's been like this for a week +

4G was blinking In and out today in Dover by the mall I'm guessing maybe they were working on the tower by there seems like they're getting close not quite ready for prime time but it shouldn't be long now good to see! good to see!

• Like 1