EVO 4G LTE Android Jelly Bean Update 3.15.651.16

wjrandon

Poking around so far: the default LTE scan timer seems to have been decreased from 30 to 5; I can't remember what the "BSR Max Timer" setting was before, but now it's 4. It doesn't seem to have cleared the LTE Available file.

Did the PRI and or baseband modem change too?

Sent from a little old Note 2

http://forum.xda-dev...1&postcount=470

Kernel version: 3.4.10-g014d33e

Basband version: 1.12.11.1119

http://forum.xda-dev...5&postcount=450

PRI Version: 2.87_003

i believe it does mention connection improvements for lte along with wifi.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=35402435&postcount=431

Yeah, it has that "Sprint Connection Optimizer" line in it that people saw in that document "leak" a month or so back and people wondered if that had something to do with an LTE fix.

• Like 1

You'll have to download a rooted rom that doesn't check for Sprints locked Recovery or Boot sectors. XDA will have such versions of the rom available to be flashed from TWRP by the end of the day.

I'm having a problem... I have TWRP, and unfortunately instead of my phone updating, it went directly to TWRP.... I have no idea how to update it... I'm so sad right now

You'll have to download a rooted rom that doesn't check for Sprints locked Recovery or Boot sectors. XDA will have such versions of the rom available to be flashed from TWRP by the end of the day.

To be honest, I had many problems with CM10, that I decided to go back to htc sense, but that almost bricked my phone. I think I want to remove twrp.

-Luis

To be honest, I had many problems with CM10, that I decided to go back to htc sense, but that almost bricked my phone. I think I want to remove twrp.

-Luis

You'll need to wait for a dev to get a stock ROM out. I don't think you can apply the OTA with TWRP still installed.

I'm interested in seeing how this performs with LTE now, as far as the problems we've been having. And of course we need Robert to redo all the work he's already done comparing all the phones (kidding kidding :))

very interested to know if the fix is in... was about to snag the 2for1 GS3 deal but i really prefer HTC.

• Like 1

Phone seems slower now. Also not a fan of the blue accents and the smaller keyboard.

Edit: actually they just removed the arrows by default. The height difference through me off.

After these types of major updates, I think its always best to just do a hardreset and just start from scratch.

• Like 5

After these types of major updates, I think its always best to just do a hardreset and just start from scratch.

Its much easier for me to do it since I had to hard reset this morning. Nothing there to lose now! :P

Does not seem to have fixed the LTE connection issue.

I still have to toggle airplane mode

How about the connection jumping around? If it holds LTE longer and stays connected in places you normally wouldn't get it... I would say it has improved then.

Forgive my ignorance, but the LTE issue is that the device will not see the LTE and/or never connect to it, or just hold onto LTE even when there is no service?

I'm about to fire up my LTEvo and try out this update, just curious.

Here are my first impressions.

1. Other than the notification and the google apps, I wouldn't have known the difference between HTC version of ICS and Jelly Bean.

2. I think they have done a much better job with the LTE connections. I drove around for a little while and only lost LTE once, in a low spot. Once I got to the top LTE acquired again. I also did the same test that I had done previously, which was to drive down a road until I lost the LTE signal and turn around. Under ICS, it never acquired LTE, under Jelly Bean it re-acquired LTE about half way back.

So far impressed, I would like to see it acquire LTE everymorning when I drive on 151st towards the tower that I know has LTE. We will see.

• Like 5