Shock: EVO LTE didn't make the list of top Sprint Smartphones 2012

kckid

I think its because Sprint sort of dropped the phone in favor of the Galaxy S3. People love Samsun. Its like buying an iPhone without having to buy an iPhone. And HTC is so quick to release phones. The Galaxy S3 pretty much one up"ed" the EVO in every way.

4.7 vs 4.8 inch screen

2000mah battery vs 2100mah

1GB of RAM vs 2GB of RAM

HoweverI did hear that the One X with JB is faster than the GS3 with JB.

I had issues with my LTE from random quiet moments to dropped calls to you name it but what really sent me over the edge was when a friend of mine was sitting next to me and their GS3 was getting LTE and the evo kept connecting to 3g....sold that bad boy and now im trying out the Galaxy Note 2.:D

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

We've (wife and I) had our Evo LTE's for several months now and for the most part have been pretty happy. We've had a couple of issues but I wasn't sure if they were specifically related to the phones or not. She has called me a few times toward the evening hours and not been able to get through, just goes to voicemail and I never show a missed call in these instances. Has happened about 3 or 4 times the last month now.

I've been able to connect to the LTE service in Indianapolis pretty easily too it seems and so far I haven't had any performance issues with the phone. I will note though that my screen died about a month ago. Seemed very odd and random. Took it to sprint and it was good to go the next day for $37. (no insurance) I'm definitely not an expert of any sort but I do try and keep up on the information on here. We chose the Evo over the S3 primarily based on the impression we had from owning the original Evo. We were impressed then but just simply outgrew the phones capabilities at the time. The Evo seemed to be better built than the S3 (we liked the weight and the solid feeling of the phone). Not really a technical preference obviously but more based on instinct. Spec wise the differences seemed irrelevant to us, we couldn't see needing 2gb ram over the 1gb and the battery and screen sized were not that far apart either. Just my two cents...

• Like 1

According to the first page,

BGR went back and put together a collection of all the most impressive smartphones for each of the four top U.S. carriers.

so I don't think it's based on sales; it seems to be mostly their opinion. I'd find it hard to believe that they've sold more of the Optimus G than the Evo when the Evo has been on the market much longer.

Oh I forgot to mention when i was talking to a cs rep about my phone randomly going silent when I was on it and not connecting they laughed and said it wasnt the 1st time they heard that. Dont get me wrong I loved the phone thought it was awesome at 1st but I just kept having issues upon issues.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I think its because Sprint sort of dropped the phone in favor of the Galaxy S3. People love Samsun. Its like buying an iPhone without having to buy an iPhone. And HTC is so quick to release phones. The Galaxy S3 pretty much one up"ed" the EVO in every way.

4.7 vs 4.8 inch screen

1GB of RAM vs 2GB of RAM

To me it's like buying a phone and not being a iphone!

After the issues with the evo and the way it is spoken about in the stores now it is understandable.

Sent from a little old Note 2

4.7 vs 4.8 inch screen

1GB of RAM vs 2GB of RAM

The real issue is the fact that the evo has an lte connection issue that sprint/htc does not want to admit openly, to make it worse it looks like there could potentially never be a fix for said issue. As far as the specs you mentioned, even with the evo having a slightly smaller battery, it still gets better battery life than the gs3. The screen being a 10th of an inch smaller isn't noticeable but what is noticeable is the slcd2 screen on the evo is superior to the samoled hd screen on the gs3. The camera and camera features on the evo is also better the gs3 not to mention that the general consensus is that most would still prefer sense compared to touch wiz. With all that said I would still recommend the gs3 over the evo and sprint has the option being that they sell several different phones. At this point sprint doesn't have much to lose or gain by fixing the issues with the evo since they could easily swap users to a gs3 or lg OG. HTC is in a hell of a lot of trouble and as much as I love my evo and don't have hardly any issues compared to the next person, I think HTC will have to make some serious changes and if they don't I honestly don't see them lasting any longer than a year or two at the most before someone buys them out. So yeah, it looks like the gs4 for me, I just hope that samsung goes with an slcd 3 screen since they are having production issues with their 1080p samoled's.

• Like 4

Guest 503ducati

According to an article on bgr.com the evo lte is not one of the top smartphones that Sprint sales in 2012.

1. S3

2. Iphone5

3. LG Optumus G

4. Note II

5. Nexus

http://bgr.com/2012/...of-2012-sprint/

According to the first page,

so I don't think it's based on sales; it seems to be mostly their opinion. I'd find it hard to believe that they've sold more of the Optimus G than the Evo when the Evo has been on the market much longer.

Agreed. The article has no evidence of sales numbers being factored, just BGR opinion.

Sprint’s newest addition to its flagship brand — the HTC (2498) EVO 4G LTE — didn’t make the cut this year along with a few other phones that came close, but the five handsets listed below were our clear stand-outs for 2012.
Edited by 503ducati

4.7 vs 4.8 inch screen

1GB of RAM vs 2GB of RAM

My gf gs3 battery life sucks and mine on my evo is great so the us a good phone

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Whatever. All this reading is doing is giving me buyer's remorse. Lol. I really hope HTC fixes the issues. I know no phone is perfect and the grass isn't always greener on the other side, no matter how convincing the greenery is. I just want my phone to perform the way it's supposed to, regardless of being the popular phone or not.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

In my opinion, forums are sometimes biased as they are usually a tool for troubleshooting and finding solutions to problems...

Reading forums, you will find many threads indicating multiple issues with the EVO 4G LTE, yet when you go to the Samsung thread, you will also see many threads with issues people have with their S3s.

Most of the times, all the issues/bugs seen on phones now a days are attributed to software and poorly validation requirements. Combine that with an outdated network, and it just makes matters worst. (NV hopefully is changing all that)

It's funny when people get overly angry that they don't have the latest version of Android, etc, but again, we have to remember that the newest thing is not necessarily the best thing....Software is a b$, and even if you test it day in and day out, there is always something there that will emerge when you least expect it.

...just my thought....

• Like 1