Should I trade an EVO LTE for Samsung S3 plus $50

kckid

I was on craigslist today and someone wants to trade a 16GB S3 for an EVO LTE plus $50. They want the box and original docs, which I don't have. They don't like the Samsung interface is why they want to trade.

Would you make the trade?

I was on craigslist today and someone wants to trade a 16GB S3 for an EVO LTE plus $50. They want the box and original docs, which I don't have. They don't like the Samsung interface is why they want to trade.

Would you make the trade?

Personally, I wouldn't get rid of the EVO. If LTE connection issues are the main problem, those will diminish (hopefully go away) once the KC market is done. I know I didn't have any troubles with my EVO in the Lenexa and Olathe areas.

I bought a GS3 off eBay so that when I'm testing LTE areas I know that I'm not having any issues, but as a day to day phone, I stick to my EVO. I just like it better. Feels better in my hand, the Sense skin is better than Touchwiz, and the camera is better.

• Like 1

Personally, I wouldn't get rid of the EVO. If LTE connection issues are the main problem, those will diminish (hopefully go away) once the KC market is done. I know I didn't have any troubles with my EVO in the Lenexa and Olathe areas.

I bought a GS3 off eBay so that when I'm testing LTE areas I know that I'm not having any issues, but as a day to day phone, I stick to my EVO. I just like it better. Feels better in my hand, the Sense skin is better than Touchwiz, and the camera is better.

Thanks Dkoellerwx, that's encouraging to hear for someone to just bought an Evo LTE. I feel the same way about the EVO, which is why I chose to overlook the potential LTE issues. (Hope that doesn't bite me in the butt).

Everything you say is true but think of it like this. Most people have had the thing for 6 months, if deployment in your area hasn't started yet it may be a year total until you get a sniff of LTE. When LTE starts to pop up until deployment is complete you may have to do the toggle thing at least until the market is saturated enough. That might damn near the total of your contract. I'm throwing numbers around of course but I don't think it's unreasonable to think along those lines

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Dkoellerwx, that's encouraging to hear for someone to just bought an Evo LTE. I feel the same way about the EVO, which is why I chose to overlook the potential LTE issues. (Hope that doesn't bite me in the butt).

That's not to say it wasn't painful when the market first launched, went in and out of LTE a lot. But after the August update, and a number of new towers came online around the same time, I stopped having those issues. I think as digiblur said, the EVO will work better in populated ares with dense LTE than it will in the more rural areas where the signal has a better chance of weakening.

• Like 1

When LTE starts to pop up until deployment is complete you may have to do the toggle thing at least until the market is saturated enough.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

This could very well be true. However, when I was in Sedalia, MO (KS Market) and Nevada, MO (KS Market) I had to toggle my GS3 to get LTE, so it's not just the EVO, especially when you have only islands of LTE. However, the EVO is the worst about it. To me, it's a good enough phone to over look that, especially when you think about the fact that with LTE, comes better 3G (well, hopefully) which will satisfy most needs of your phone. If seeing that 4G icon at the top is the most important thing, then maybe the GS3, or Note 2 for that matter, is the better phone.

That's not to say it wasn't painful when the market first launched, went in and out of LTE a lot. But after the August update, and a number of new towers came online around the same time, I stopped having those issues. I think as digiblur said, the EVO will work better in populated ares with dense LTE than it will in the more rural areas where the signal has a better chance of weakening.

Right, I wouldn't own the EVO LTE unless I was in a very saturated tower market and never left. Something like New York City type of saturation. Hell, even though I don't personally use the EVO LTE anymore, I'd still cough up $50 of my own money to swap out the EVO LTE still on my account.