Network Vision/LTE - Washington DC Market

dstrait

I got one to at the track but once you leave the parking lot it goes away wonder what's the range of these towers my house is less than a mile away from that tower.

something is up with that tower. I think it's in testing mode or something because it was completely down yesterday and today I connected to lte although I couldn't connect after I got out of class

Guys! I have LTE at my house!!!!!!! Check sensorly around Riverdale Maryland. It's close to college park and greenbelt

Ok it's not up yet but I guess in thirty it'll show. And I'm seeing more dots in college park and other areas around here

• Like 3

I think our launch is coming real soon!

I'm going to guess late December / January for an official launch at the earliest. Coverage is expanding, but Sprint seems to have a coverage threshold before they have their marketing team spring into action. I'd expect DC to be mostly blanketed and coverage showing up in NoVA and probably Frederick, MD before they push the "launch" button. Note that this is not 100% coverage, as they tend to launch with holes everywhere.

I will try to check that tower in Langley Park, if someone could go give me the coordinates, I might be able to go check it out tomorrow (hopefully). Also, I'll be around downtown Silver Spring and Rockville tomorrow, and DC the next day, so I'll map Sensorly on those trips and hopefully pick up something! Glad to see this thread is off to a good start too!

I will try to check that tower in Langley Park, if someone could go give me the coordinates, I might be able to go check it out tomorrow (hopefully). Also, I'll be around downtown Silver Spring and Rockville tomorrow, and DC the next day, so I'll map Sensorly on those trips and hopefully pick up something! Glad to see this thread is off to a good start too!

looks like near New Hampshire Ave near Metzerott RD and on further down on University Blvd east of New Hampshire Ave. I've noticed downtown DC has expanded some more too from SW by the Treasury up to NE up Rhode Island and US1

Sprint sent me a message back on Twitter saying that they are upgrading around the 20737 area but haven't officially announced it yet. I know the area I live in is horrible but if I go down to 410 it's like night and day.

Sprint sent me a message back on Twitter saying that they are upgrading around the 20737 area but haven't officially announced it yet. I know the area I live in is horrible but if I go down to 410 it's like night and day.

you're in the same area as me. I never received a text or anything from sprint talking about upgrades but I've heard other people have

2e7a7a2a.jpg

Just had a Tower guy talk.

So I saw the ropes on this tower and saw the and WesTower workers. Knowing only one tower guy in my life (he was fearless) that rode Mt bikes with. I approached with caution. These guys were no different that quirky smile and a glint in their eyes. They were 'nuts' but just didn't have the paperwork.

Oh yeah. Rt 15 in Luckett VA. Just south of point of rocks md.

So I said hello you guys working on the Sprint stuff?

Yep. Big Smile.

LTE? Network Vision upgrade. He went on to explain 2g,3g,LTE an they were putting up new antennas it should he up and running, immediately or by the end of the month. Remember these are tower guys not switch flippers, I asked if they were doing the backhaul too. He said they were using the existing copper. Another crew would do the fiber optic from the street in the future.

Pretty cool encounter. I was actually more impressed with guys climbing gear the guy had than the electronics. So i keep my Jock card and relinquish my nerd chip. I really wanted to climb that tower.

I told the guys about s4gru. And that they were rock stars. We got a good laugh.

Be safe Cya.

• Like 2

Looks like you hooked into The Prez's direct line to the Kremlin, or you are in 2030 and warped back to S4gru

The weird thing is that it has continued, with varying speeds. So I'm hoping that speedtest is bugged out because of upgrades....wishful thinking :) Down at the bottom you could see more normal tests.

k85i5.jpg

The weird thing is that it has continued, with varying speeds. So I'm hoping that speedtest is bugged out because of upgrades....wishful thinking :) Down at the bottom you could see more normal tests.

There's definitely something going on, either with your phone, or with the speedtest app, because those results are not possible on the Sprint network... anywhere! 3G can't give those speeds ever, nor can Sprint's LTE, so somethings up.

• Like 1