eHRPD Sightings

Sorry guys, still new to the forums here. I'm sure i will learn how to post and comment on these within time. I just wanted to test my knowledge to see what i know and what i need to work on. Some towers aren't NV updated yet so that's why data speeds may be slow, even with eHRPD

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Forum Runner

Ok this a.m. morning I have 6 more ehrpd sites in Toledo,OH . Can ehrpd be done @ a remote site or individual sites ?

mobile with Evo Lte

Remotely. We haven't seen a single contractor at any of our towers but they are all squawking ehrpd.

Sent from the EVO 4G sometimes-LTE

• Like 1

In the Albuquerque market, eHRPD went live at all 300+ sites at once. From El Paso to Farmington. No need to visit the site at all. But in some markets, it goes up in clusters. Especially fragmented markets with multiple legacy vendors, or mixes of Sprint corporate and affiliate sites.

Robert

For some reason, I'm not able to connect to eHRPD anymore

Sometimes, it's the device. Try cycling airplane mode and see if it returns. However, it is not uncommon for it to come and go in unlaunched markets.

Robert

eHRPD may be coming online in places mostly because adjacent markets are lighting up LTE, not because LTE is coming to those markets directly anytime soon. If you look at the subscriber tower maps, for example, you can see there are Georgia market sites that probably overlap EVDO coverage with Atlanta/Athens market LTE sites. So rather than making people sit through the 20-60 second reacquire IP address dance (along with broken connections) every time they 4G->3G->4G at market fringes, Sprint is just putting eHRPD on the whole market.

• Like 2

Its still pretty spotty as of now. As robert said, eventually, the entire sprint network will have eHRPD. But it does really depend on network venders. Alcatel lucent seems to be the quickest vendor to deploy LTE, or well thats my opinion at least.

I have had ehrpd ever since I got the Note 2 on launch day In St Peters MO. I don't expect LTE any time soon but its nice to know at least one small part of the LTE puzzle is in place. It will happen before LTE hits an area much like birth happens before death.

• Like 1

As it was stated, eHRPD is the first step to the LTE deployment phase. Im not an expert on any of this, but i do have a cousin that knows much more about sprint. Anyways, the info i got was that eHRPD is an indication that LTE will be in your market within time. If you dont have eHRPD yet, wait it out, and eventually it will go live. Now for timing, eHRPD being deployed can not really give a good estimate as to when LTE will go live in the selected market. If it were my guess, id say within 10 months, most of us here should be seeing some LTE goodness.

I went by a tower yesterday and there was a big bird with a big nest on top of the tower so I wonder how they will move it

I believe the game reserves will have to take care of the birds, well depending on if the bird is endangered or not

I'm seeing it in Sylacauga, Alabama...I know it's been done in the past month, because I have speedtests showing I was on 1xRTT in October, then speedtests showing me on eHRPD on Nov 11.

This was a fluke I think in my phone being hung on eHRPD...no voice, but eHRPD data?? Look:

This was true eHRPD, I ran this and speedtest to test it, but speeds are negligible, I've seen faster speeds, but seems like the tower doesn't have the right amount of backhaul yet

Then:

speedtests:

xldvdt.jpg

wsoe11.jpg

1oppau.jpg

99hr4h.jpg

• Like 1

Started seeing eHRPD here in Canton, Ohio (Cleveland Market) a couple of weeks ago. I'm guessing they must have updated the backhaul here also since I'm getting MUCH better data speed than I was prior to the switch. I was lucky to get 200k down and 60k up, now I'm getting 1.6 to 2+ megs down and 200-300k up.