Network Vision/LTE - Tucson/Yuma Market

jasper7821

Ah, well i come here every day looking for any bit of info on the new network. I just dont get why the 3g is getting so messed up! Are they disconnecting the 3g antennas or something?

No. The 3G network is overloaded at legacy sites. Backhaul is antiquated T1's and the airlinks are often saturated. Sprint needs to completely overhaul their network. Which is exactly what they are doing.

Robert via Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

It's overloaded because subs are streaming video and audio 24/7

Well if its overloaded then they need to do something about it! What am i supposed to do? Not use the phone? Thats the same as not having it. If there are more people on the network then they have the money to make it better.

Speeds here in yuma seem to be average of late. The wellton tower provides atleast 1mb down 90% of the time. Sometimes in late evenings it gets bogged down, but a hell of alot better than say 6 months ago. Their are still a few towers in town that are just completely unusable till like 2 am....but thank god NV is coming any day now.

Hey hypeo do you know anything about construction licenses being issued in the yuma area? or does anyone for that matter?

MERRY X_MAS all yall!!!!! :)

dumb question, but when a site is updated, i take it their is a huge difference between the quality of the upgrade? What i mean is if two sites receive a data upgrade one cell site could be faster than the other. "Not all cell sites are created equal?"

Speeds here in yuma seem to be average of late. The wellton tower provides atleast 1mb down 90% of the time. Sometimes in late evenings it gets bogged down, but a hell of alot better than say 6 months ago. Their are still a few towers in town that are just completely unusable till like 2 am....but thank god NV is coming any day now.

Hey hypeo do you know anything about construction licenses being issued in the yuma area? or does anyone for that matter?

I will try and find out. I have a few friends that work for the city.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Damn man, 1mb down? I'm lucky if i get half of that in Tucson. Sounds like you don't need network vision :P just kidding. Hope its up and running soon!

• Like 1

Damn man, 1mb down? I'm lucky if i get half of that in Tucson. Sounds like you don't need network vision :P just kidding. Hope its up and running soon!

That's in Welton, small population. In the city we average round 150kbps down on good days and 250's upload

• Like 1

That's in Welton, small population. In the city we average round 150kbps down on good days and 250's upload

Yeah well ton is small. But their in yuma there r a few sweet spots when it comes to speeds.

Btw, the telegraph pass tower works pretty well when its on. usually i get about 2mb down on that one. The only problem is that the signal from that tower will just fade randomly lol. Just if you guys were curious. lol :P:ninja::rofl::rolleyes:

Anomaly or coincidence but for the past two days just at about 630 pm all of sprint services seem to go down. When I say go down I mean no data or ability to make phone calls; text message is sporadic. Have you guys in Yuma notice this?

I was told by sprint that one tower at 20th street and Ave B was completely down, but this effected people in foothills up by 10E

Anomaly or coincidence but for the past two days just at about 630 pm all of sprint services seem to go down. When I say go down I mean no data or ability to make phone calls; text message is sporadic. Have you guys in Yuma notice this?

I was told by sprint that one tower at 20th street and Ave B was completely down, but this effected people in foothills up by 10E

Wow, hope that's more of i sign that they are getting LTE here soon. Here in tucson during school there was this this dead zone driving there every day for 2 weeks or so and sprint told me they were testing towers in the area.

Wow, hope that's more of i sign that they are getting LTE here soon. Here in tucson during school there was this this dead zone driving there every day for 2 weeks or so and sprint told me they were testing towers in the area.

I doubt this means anything. I live very close to the tower that was down and there hasn't been anyone working on site.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Not bad at all! I with 3g was like that all the time :P

I know what you mean, but this is the only area that 3g is working well. The rest of the city is very slow most of the time we are 1 X. Lately the network has been acting up strange, hoping it's a sign of positive change send Robert did say that this area was target for upgrades during the winter.

hmmm i was in town that weekend as well, but i did not have any problems with my service. The Telegraph pass tower has been out usually around 7-8am and 10-11pm every day for the past 2 years. Not sure if it has anything to do with the outage.

I know what you mean, but this is the only area that 3g is working well. The rest of the city is very slow most of the time we are 1 X. Lately the network has been acting up strange, hoping it's a sign of positive change send Robert did say that this area was target for upgrades during the winter.

Now that you mention it, i have been noticing some issues with my phone automatically switching to 1x for no reason. it has happened twice in the past two weeks. It didnt happen when i was in town though, it happened when i was in Wellton.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same thing happen to me in San Diego (specially Del Mar), where I was roaming in otherwise what was an area with native Sprint coverage. It lasted nearly about a week to 10 days and then eHRPD appeared. This was done in about November. It might be a sign of good things to come.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2