Network Vision/LTE Market - West Iowa/Nebraska Market (Omaha/Council Bluffs/Lincoln)

TrentAllen

On 4/24/2019 at 10:14 PM, Brad The Beast said:

Let's give this thread some life. Pulled from Reddit: Massive MIMO deployed on a handful of sites in Omaha, NE. https://imgur.com/gallery/LwiNW1J#JEYfPKK

On 4/26/2019 at 4:27 PM, Jeff68005 said:

First rule of real estate:  Location  Location Location 

info not supplied, so it is GIGO.  At least in the S4GRU posts the location is often posted too.  Mr Nuke cites the more detailed links.

We've confirmed the location of three M-MIMO installs in Omaha. There may be at least 2 more we have yet to identify. All the info in the premiere thread.

1 minute ago, Dkoellerwx said:

We've confirmed the location of three M-MIMO installs in Omaha. There may be at least 2 more we have yet to identify. All the info in the premiere thread.

Great! Need to donate to get Premier status. Unfortunately I'm poor lol

• 11 months later...

Hello all! I used to be OmahaBasil in here. I am now NebraskaCoder (as I could not access my previous account). So far, with the new 5G in Omaha, I haven't been able to test too much but I'm seeing download speeds just less then 200 Mbps. Upload is everywhere from 26 Mbps to just at 100 Mbps. I have only tested from 156th Street and Harrison street but have full bars (where previously it wasn't full bars). Checking now, I am getting 150 Mbps down and 60 Mbps up.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, NebraskaCoder said:

Hello all! I used to be OmahaBasil in here. I am now NebraskaCoder (as I could not access my previous account). So far, with the new 5G in Omaha, I haven't been able to test too much but I'm seeing download speeds just less then 200 Mbps. Upload is everywhere from 26 Mbps to just at 100 Mbps. I have only tested from 156th Street and Harrison street but have full bars (where previously it wasn't full bars). Checking now, I am getting 150 Mbps down and 60 Mbps up.

Glad to see you are back! Didn't realize you had an older account. Looks like your account has been upgraded so that's great.

To be clear, we're talking T-Mobile 5G?

Were you able to connect to Sprint 5G before the update earlier this week? We have M-MIMO 5G antennas in several places around town, but I don't believe we ever had it confirmed that 5G was active on B41.

54 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Glad to see you are back! Didn't realize you had an older account. Looks like your account has been upgraded so that's great.

To be clear, we're talking T-Mobile 5G?

Were you able to connect to Sprint 5G before the update earlier this week? We have M-MIMO 5G antennas in several places around town, but I don't believe we ever had it confirmed that 5G was active on B41.

I did not have 5G before the update merge, so I can assume that I'm currently on T-Mobile 5G right now.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2020 at 11:51 AM, NebraskaCoder said:

I have only tested from 156th Street and Harrison street but have full bars (where previously it wasn't full bars). Checking now, I am getting 150 Mbps down and 60 Mbps up.

That would make sense. T-Mobile has a site at that intersection.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Sadly this forum hasn't seen any action in awhile, I was driving to Kearney on Thursday. From North Platte, I  noticed I got T-mobile coverage around Odessa and had coverage all around Kearney. I looked at the sprint coverage map and that is exactly where you gain coverage if you had sprint coverage. I am glad to see they are switching around some of the sites to tmobile. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cubbiefan82 said:

Sadly this forum hasn't seen any action in awhile, I was driving to Kearney on Thursday. From North Platte, I  noticed I got T-mobile coverage around Odessa and had coverage all around Kearney. I looked at the sprint coverage map and that is exactly where you gain coverage if you had sprint coverage. I am glad to see they are switching around some of the sites to tmobile. 

It's true *this* thread hasn't been very active, but we have had a ton of activity deeper in the forum. We've been tracking upgrades, new deployments, and conversions all across the Nebraska and Iowa markets.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cubbiefan82 said:

From North Platte, I  noticed I got T-mobile coverage around Odessa and had coverage all around Kearney.

Follow up on this, did you have SignalCheck / Cellmapper running at this time? The Sprint sites along I-80 are providing coverage for T-Mobile customers, but most have not actually been converted to actual T-Mobile signals, so the coverage is just provided through partner/sharing PLMNs that allows your phone to connect. We know that T-Mobile has permits to convert the sites in Kearney, but as far as I am aware, this has not happened yet.

• Like 1