Network Vision/LTE Market - West Iowa/Nebraska Market (Omaha/Council Bluffs/Lincoln)

TrentAllen

Unfortunately I didn't. Sounds like there was better coverage around 78th and Dodge as I see stronger signals there from what I picked up. Hopefully they can get 72nd and Pacific going on 4G as their 3G doesn't work for my device there. It shows signal but no data works (or VERY VERY slow to the point where everything times out).

Yeah the speed around there is horrible - just like Village Pointe.

I found a 4G tower at 72nd and Dodge today (well, 4G covered area, not tower). I was heading south on 72nd and turned east towards UNO. After I passed the bell tower, on Dodge around UNO, my signal went back to 3G. I looks like someone went west from 72nd and Dodge and had 4G.

As a sponsor you have access to know exactly where said tower is.  Just making sure you are aware of this and giving a plug for others to consider giving the site a donation. 

• Like 2

As a sponsor you have access to know exactly where said tower is.  Just making sure you are aware of this and giving a plug for others to consider giving the site a donation. 

Thanks. I'm still getting use to these forums.

I am aware of the Valley and Millard area 4G towers.. According to sensorly, Papillion/LaVista is getting some signals, the Bellevue area, as well as some central Omaha and downtown areas. Can anyone confirm how many 4g towers in Omaha that are fully functional at this current time?

I am aware of the Valley and Millard area 4G towers.. According to sensorly, Papillion/LaVista is getting some signals, the Bellevue area, as well as some central Omaha and downtown areas. Can anyone confirm how many 4g towers in Omaha that are fully functional at this current time?

I think you could if you care to support the forums worthy cause with a donation. ;) Same as the last time you asked for updates.

http:// http://www.s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-Information-about-S4GRU-Sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-Sponsor

Sent from my HTC d3rpONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

I think you could if you care to support the forums worthy cause with a donation. ;) Same as the last time you asked for updates.

http://www.s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-Information-about-S4GRU-Sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-Sponsor'> http://www.s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-Information-about-S4GRU-Sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-Sponsor

I sincerely appreciate the efforts made by the s4gru community and moderators. But i think being asked to donate 100$ to a forum just so they will provide me with a little bit of information is kind of absurd. I am a family man with 2 children, working a full time and part time job just to make ends meet. I am sorry if I don't have that kind of money to donate to a forum at this time..

http://www.s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-Information-about-S4GRU-Sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-Sponsor'> http://www.s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-Information-about-S4GRU-Sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-Sponsor

I sincerely appreciate the efforts made by the s4gru community and moderators. But i think being asked to donate 100$ to a forum just so they will provide me with a little bit of information is kind of absurd. I am a family man with 2 children, working a full time and part time job just to make ends meet. I am sorry if I don't have that kind of money to donate to a forum at this time..

You should re-read the sponsor page... I didn't donate 100 bucks, you don't have to either.

• Like 4

another lte accepted site in central/ south central omaha

Thanks and THANKS! Maybe I don't know the right place to look, though I thought I did, but where can we see the "up to the minute" data?  I see the map last update was the 5th.  So maybe you were just saying, after this weeks update, we'll see the exact location OR I'm in the wrong place. :)

Thanks and THANKS! Maybe I don't know the right place to look, though I thought I did, but where can we see the "up to the minute" data?  I see the map last update was the 5th.  So maybe you were just saying, after this weeks update, we'll see the exact location OR I'm in the wrong place. :)

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/636-network-vision-site-map-nebraskaiowa-markets/?p=168497

• Like 1

I pulled 9831 kbps up and 8547 kbps down with a 135 ms ping this afternoon at 84th and dodge. HTC One...

You beat me to the post. I was by 72nd And Dodge/Cass (Between Cass and Dodge) and my phone received 4.78 Mbps down and 3.39 Mbps up with a ping of 98 ms. The upper left is signal check pro and pretty much full bars for data.

2013-07-15 10.54.03.png

• Like 1

You beat me to the post. I was by 72nd And Dodge/Cass (Between Cass and Dodge) and my phone received 4.78 Mbps down and 3.39 Mbps up with a ping of 98 ms. The upper left is signal check pro and pretty much full bars for data.

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif 2013-07-15 10.54.03.png

I was at old Chicago on Cass lastnight and had steady lte the entire time I was there. Getting 9mb down, 6-8 up with a ping of 60-100.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

I found what seems to be the settings combo in Sensorly to reliably scan/poll for LTE , not stay constantly connected to data AND deliver the data to them quick and easy.

I don't know how good this theory is.  Sensorly is still presumably maintaining a incoming data connection to ascertain your position.

Another bonus here is its LOADS less intrusive than the LTE Discovery app forcing airplane mode.

Forcing the phone into airplane mode serves a really valuable function if you are trying to map on sensorly though.  Phones only actively scan for LTE every several minutes (varies by phone).  Based on other reports your phone is one of the better one's in this regard, but still...  Let's say your phone scans every 3 minutes by default.  If you are driving 60 mph on I-80 (makes the math easy) you could go 3 miles without your phone even trying to connect to LTE.  That means you could miss mapping a huge chunk of a tower's coverage area in theory.  LTE Discovery takes that 3+ minutes down to 30 seconds.  You are going to connect to the tower as quickly as possible and be able to map up to several extra miles. 

• Like 1

I don't know how good this theory is.  Sensorly is still presumably maintaining a incoming data connection to ascertain your position.

Forcing the phone into airplane mode serves a really valuable function if you are trying to map on sensorly though.  Phones only actively scan for LTE every several minutes (varies by phone).  Based on other reports your phone is one of the better one's in this regard, but still...  Let's say your phone scans every 3 minutes by default.  If you are driving 60 mph on I-80 (makes the math easy) you could go 3 miles without your phone even trying to connect to LTE.  That means you could miss mapping a huge chunk of a tower's coverage area in theory.  LTE Discovery takes that 3+ minutes down to 30 seconds.  You are going to connect to the tower as quickly as possible and be able to map up to several extra miles. 

Sensorly continues to collect the data, no matter when you send it.  If you look, the "packages" are constantly being collected by the app and with the default settings, they are constantly being sent. The only reason to let it (from what I can tell) keep doing that is for a more "real time" updating of the servers and that's not really needed.  If you look at the details page while mapping with default settings vs wifi only, you'll see what I mean. That constant data connection is because it's trying to send back to servers as fast as it can, not because it doesn't know where we are. The packages get delivered as soon as you get to wifi so I guess if you only see wifi once a month, that's not so great but I'm in wifi pretty much anywhere I *end up* or certainly when I get home.  I would think GPS being required to even open the app is how they know where we are and since the packages are collected no matter what, sending later nets the same outcome. 

As for LTE Discovery app, I totally see your point but man, that app is too buggy for me (maybe it's just buggy on the HTC One or something) and I even bought the paid version.  It stops cycling for no reason, rendering it useless and having to constantly monitor it, to restart it, is a pain.  All that, not even taking into account that it is rather intrusive (to device use) but that's one of those "as designed" features that comes with the territory.  I'd probably keep using for "exclusive" LTE Hunting (when I could careless about missing calls etc... ) but it's buggy as all get out. For mapping with Sensorly with the added bonus of knowing when I hit LTE service, I use SignalCheck Pro which is solid, SOLID in what is does and is used for. Love that app and the extra info it provides makes the nerd in me giggle.  :)  *I also like that you can also force a reset of radios just like airplane mode if you really wanted to within the app. 

LTE Discovery is also written by a member of this site. One of the Florida members I believe. I'm sure he would love some feedback on how to make it better. If I recall, it was written before the ONE was available. There should be a thread on here somewhere, I forget where. 

• Like 1

LTE Discovery is also written by a member of this site. One of the Florida members I believe. I'm sure he would love some feedback on how to make it better. If I recall, it was written before the ONE was available. There should be a thread on here somewhere, I forget where. 

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2864-lte-discovery-app-for-s4gru/&do=findComment&comment=81927

• Like 2

Thanks fellas, will go over there. Sadly, what I described is also what is in the Play Store reviews but I supported with my money anyhow and really wanted the audible alerts! :)

I'll check out the thread and can provide feedback for him. *Do you all use the paid version and does it function reliably for you? If so, what device?

Thanks fellas, will go over there. Sadly, what I described is also what is in the Play Store reviews but I supported with my money anyhow and really wanted the audible alerts! :)

I'll check out the thread and can provide feedback for him. *Do you all use the paid version and does it function reliably for you? If so, what device?

I won't have an LTE phone until later this year, so it's kinda silly for me to use that app.

I don't actually use it. From my experience the ONE is very good at picking up LTE on its own. Usually only 30 seconds to minute delayed from when I know coverage starts.

Sent from my HTC ONE

Sensorly continues to collect the data, no matter when you send it.  If you look, the "packages" are constantly being collected by the app and with the default settings, they are constantly being sent. The only reason to let it (from what I can tell) keep doing that is for a more "real time" updating of the servers and that's not really needed.  If you look at the details page while mapping with default settings vs wifi only, you'll see what I mean. That constant data connection is because it's trying to send back to servers as fast as it can, not because it doesn't know where we are.

Data is a two way street incoming and outgoing.  All I'm saying is you've dealt with the outgoing by delaying sending the reports until you've hit a wifi network.  Sensorly is still presumably maintaining an incoming or receiving data position though to locate where you are to accurately map.  That could still potentially impact tower hand-offs. 

'd probably keep using for "exclusive" LTE Hunting (when I could careless about missing calls etc... )

That is all i use it for.   And I would recommend talking to the developer who is on this site.  It isn't buggy for me and it does what it supposed to do, notifies me when it connects to LTE on a Note II. 

For mapping with Sensorly with the added bonus of knowing when I hit LTE service, I use SignalCheck Pro which is solid, SOLID in what is does and is used for. Love that app and the extra info it provides makes the nerd in me giggle.  :)  *I also like that you can also force a reset of radios just like airplane mode if you really wanted to within the app. 

SignalCheck Pro is another great app (I obviously have it as well) but it still only "passively" lets you know when you hit LTE.  It basically let's you know what you are connected to.  It doesn't actively seek an LTE connection like LTE discovery does.  I'll generally run SignalCheck Pro, LTE Discovery, and Sensorly simultaneously if I'm mapping. As for forcing a reset of the radios, that is what LTE discovery does every 30 seconds until it hits LTE if it is functioning properly.  That is my point.  

I don't actually use it. From my experience the ONE is very good at picking up LTE on its own. Usually only 30 seconds to minute delayed from when I know coverage starts.

Sent from my HTC ONE

I've seen that mentioned elsewhere.  I don't have the One so I was speaking in generalities of other devices.  If the One actually picks up new LTE sites withing 30 seconds that renders my point moot, but for other devices it is still somewhat valid if your goal is to map the maximum LTE coverage.