Network Vision/LTE Market - West Iowa/Nebraska Market (Omaha/Council Bluffs/Lincoln)

TrentAllen

I have heard so many things about LTE here. Origanally a store rep told me it would be the end of 2013 before we get LTE here, not long after I went to Best Buy to buy my new Sprint phone and I was told by the mobile sales girl there that it would be no later than January or Febuary of '13. Now I was confused and kind of upset about the lack of a solid answer. Not long after I bought my new phone I went to another Sprint store to buy a cover, I asked the salesman there expecting yet another answer, and I got it. He told me that the Sprint corporate rep wouldn't tell any of the Lincoln stores know when LTE was coming until a day or two before we get LTE. Now I was just frustrated, so I called the Sprint 800 number and after talking to the customer service person for 15 minutes she finally said that there are 5 towers that are completely upgraded and the rest (about 15-20) are being worked on, and I should expect LTE by December.

Also recently there have been sudden signal drops for no reason. I usually get 5-6 bars in my home one day it dropped to no bars for a while, I get 4-5 bars at work one day it was 1 for a solid 5 minutes before shooting back to 4, this never happened before. I assume and hope it is some kind of LTE test or something.

We have not seen anything to show work will begin Nebraska before 2013. I can tell you unequivocally there are zero completed sites in Lincoln or anywhere in Nebraska.

The agent you talked to must have assumed that maintenance upgrades are Network Vision/LTE upgrades.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

The agent you talked to must have assumed that maintenance upgrades are Network Vision/LTE upgrades.

...which furthers my commandment: THOU SHALT NOT ASK ENTRY LEVEL WORKERS TECH QUESTIONS.

AJ

• Like 5

Well the in store reps have LTE phones that need to be sold so there is some method in the madness.. Not good and shady as hell but still gotta make those goals

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Here in Lincoln too. Can't wait for some LTE. Switched away from Verizon to get in on the unlimited data. Was hoping LTE would roll out a little quicker than it has. Verizon has had LTE here for almost a year now :( I sure do miss it.

Well the in store reps have LTE phones that need to be sold so there is some method in the madness.. Not good and shady as hell but still gotta make those goals

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Honestly, we've had no trouble selling LTE phones without even talking about LTE. Sure, we mention it, that it's coming in the future, but people are wowed by, for example, the GS3's screen and fast processor and Galaxy name. We sell 4S's all the time. No idea why a store rep would lie to close a sale; that's bad for business, bad for you, bad for the company.It's just dumb.
  • Like 2

Probably the same reason a store employee tells a customer the Evo LTE doesn't support LTE.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

That is a funny one!!!! : :lol:

Probably the same reason a store employee tells a customer the Evo LTE doesn't support LTE.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

It's just dumb.

Guess I answered my own question there, huh? :P

I just saw this thread and got excited ( :lol: ), but then saw it was just from some low-end tech. :( Hopefully Omaha/Lincoln's LTE buildout starts in the first half of 2013.

Edited by BPHusker

I'm not shure if the reps were lying as much as many misinformed. Also recently did a speed test in Lincoln and usually the "Network Type" says EVDO_A, today it said eHRPD for the first time, which for most markets is a stepping stone for LTE.

I'm not shure if the reps were lying as much as many misinformed. Also recently did a speed test in Lincoln and usually the "Network Type" says EVDO_A' date=' today it said eHRPD for the first time, which for most markets is a stepping stone for LTE.[/quote']

Almost all Sprint markets have eHRPD deployed now. Even here in the New Mexico mountains.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

As someone who USED to live in Lincoln, ne, (and will be moving back sometime) I can tell you the wait for LTE is worth it. I am very anxious about lincoln getting lte. As of a few days ago, NO PERMITS have been issued/pulled for sprint towers in lincoln

• 2 weeks later...

As someone who USED to live in Lincoln, ne, (and will be moving back sometime) I can tell you the wait for LTE is worth it. I am very anxious about lincoln getting lte. As of a few days ago, NO PERMITS have been issued/pulled for sprint towers in lincoln

If you were to guess, how long do you think it will be before Omaha/Lincoln have LTE? Summer? Fall?

If you were to guess, how long do you think it will be before Omaha/Lincoln have LTE? Summer? Fall?

if I had to.guess:-P probabably first sites.accepted in late summer so I would say enough towers for a.pre launch in late fall or early winter, such as Christmas. Work would have to start this spring, such as getting permits and back haul ready

if I had to.guess:-P probabably first sites.accepted in late summer so I would say enough towers for a.pre launch in late fall or early winter, such as Christmas. Work would have to start this spring, such as getting permits and back haul ready

What is pre-launch anymore? What is a launch? Doesn't mean anything if the towers are already accessible.

I'd say Summer is when we'll start to see LTE activity. Probably good coverage within about 3 months of the first signals, which would put it early to mid fall that we might see an announcement. That's probably best-case scenario.