Sprint still selling WiMax phones?

nahum365

well, radioshack have a lots of wimax devices on sales!!!!

As does Amazon

http://wireless.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-Epic-Touch-Android/dp/B006U0Y17C/ref=sh_br_ph_1?ie=UTF8&transaction=INDIVIDUAL_NEW&sr=1-1-entd&qid=1359174590523

And I dont see why not. Samsung wants the Apple model. Theyll keep selling the GII until they have a GIV....and maybe even beyond.

$0 II

$99 III

$199 IV

$299 Note 2/3

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Both amazon and sprint continue to push the epic 2. When I checked just now, on the sprint website, the s2 was actualy the first phone offered. Soeone buying today would expect wimax until 2015.

Amazon has a very misleading description of it

Samsung Galaxy S II

At a Glance:

4G LTE connectivity

Connectivity

Ultra-fast 4G LTE connectivity

http://wireless.amaz...d=1362346977194

Sprint may sell the G2 but no one i know in the south bend area sprint stores sell it. They have all been advised to push the lte phones since we have lte.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Yeah, our store took down our Galaxy SII demo, as it's not been required for a while. We don't currently have any in stock, and probably won't for the near future.

With the galaxy s4 coming out in the not so distant future I would hope that the only s2's being sold are just to clear out stock. I'm not sure why a person would be and s2 anyway. When the s3 is not too much more cash and LTE. Probably answered my own question though. Normal consumer doesn't know the difference between Wimax and LTE. All the know is 4G.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Question of this whole WiMAX, do you think Sprint is going to allow their customers who have a WiMAX phone to upgrade without extending their contact for another two years for a LTE device?

• 3 weeks later...

Question of this whole WiMAX, do you think Sprint is going to allow their customers who have a WiMAX phone to upgrade without extending their contact for another two years for a LTE device?

Sprint changes their Terms of Service on May 22nd, 2013 to allow them to force migrate customers from WiMAX to LTE. Customers can either [a] finish out their contract on 3g only, get a free LTE device without extending their contract, or [c] cancel without an ETF. This only applies to new contracts started after that date.

New Agreements on the Sprint 4G (WiMAX) Network: Your Service on a device activated on the Sprint 4G (WiMAX) Network may require a new one or two-year Agreement per line. Sprint expressly reserves the right to migrate your Service during this Agreement term from the Sprint 4G (WiMAX) Network to the Sprint 4G LTE network to complete your Agreement term. Reasonable advance notice of the Service change will be provided to impacted customers, who can then select one of the following options: [a] Choose to complete the Agreement term using your existing device without 4G (WiMAX) capability Elect to complete the Agreement term by contacting us after receiving notice from Sprint to transition to the Sprint 4G LTE network with no additional term commitment required (Transition Option)[c] Deactivate service. Deactivations because of this Service change will not result in an Early Termination Fee (ETF). Transition Option: If you select the Transition Option, you will receive a free standard Sprint LTE capable device and can maintain your existing Service plan, if available. During the Agreement term, Sprint may provide other offers that are separate from the Transition Option, and these offers will be subject to a new two-year Agreement per line.

Sprint changes their Terms of Service on May 22nd, 2013 to allow them to force migrate customers from WiMAX to LTE. Customers can either [a] finish out their contract on 3g only, get a free LTE device without extending their contract, or [c] cancel without an ETF. This only applies to new contracts started after that date.

Yup, I'm well aware of that. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4004-change-in-terms-conditions-new-agreements-on-the-sprint-4g-wimax-network/