Network Vision/LTE - Upstate New York Markets - Central & East (including Syracuse, Albany, Binghamton, Ithaca, Utica)

bstrignano

I can't wait for the work to get underway in the Rochester market.

Do you know where the GMO sites are likely to go out of curiosity? Do they typically start work in downtown areas first or just do GMO sites based on where they think the network performance is most "starved"?

The reason I'm curious is I live in the Mendon area south of Rochester and am dying to know where they will start the rollout. Think of me like a five year old that's had too many sugar sticks in the past hour.... ha..... I'm practically bouncing up and down waiting for NV to start here and I'm hoping and praying that the spots I visit and have to rely on the Sprint network the most will get work done first... even if it is only GMO work :D

Ryan (waiting as patiently as possible ;))

I can't wait for the work to get underway in the Rochester market.

Do you know where the GMO sites are likely to go out of curiosity? Do they typically start work in downtown areas first or just do GMO sites based on where they think the network performance is most "starved"?

The reason I'm curious is I live in the Mendon area south of Rochester and am dying to know where they will start the rollout. Think of me like a five year old that's had too many sugar sticks in the past hour.... ha..... I'm practically bouncing up and down waiting for NV to start here and I'm hoping and praying that the spots I visit and have to rely on the Sprint network the most will get work done first... even if it is only GMO work :D

Ryan (waiting as patiently as possible ;))

Work has already started in the Buffalo/Rochester area. I'm not quite sure where, but I've seen several BU market sites come across the radar.

Right now, most of those are GMR sites, but as the weather breaks we should be seeing more full builds taking place.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Work has already started in the Buffalo/Rochester area. I'm not quite sure where, but I've seen several BU market sites come across the radar.

Right now, most of those are GMR sites, but as the weather breaks we should be seeing more full builds taking place.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

If the work has started already, is there a reason no sites have been lit up on the map in the sponsors section?

I'm assuming this post doesn't violate the "not sharing any sponsor-only info" rule since I'm only talking about the lack thereof... If I'm wrong, I apologize and I'll take this down.

Ryan

We have not received any reports from the Buffalo or Rochester markets that any sites have been accepted. And they haven't appeared on our weekly summary reports yet, either. *chirping*

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

We have not received any reports from the Buffalo or Rochester markets that any sites have been accepted. And they haven't appeared on our weekly summary reports yet, either. *chirping*

On the bright side, at least I didn't break any rules or I probably would have been told :D *chirp chirp chirp*!!!

Sorry Robert.... I can't help myself....... TOO anxious ;)

Ryan

• 2 months later...

I was in a corporate Sprint store today in the Rochester, NY area. The staff there were hinting that the work was well underway for LTE in the area. No dates given but they were implying it could be as early as July/Aug this year.

I was in a corporate Sprint store today in the Rochester, NY area. The staff there were hinting that the work was well underway for LTE in the area. No dates given but they were implying it could be as early as July/Aug this year.

It will not be done in that time, but there will be some live by that time for certain.

• Like 1

It will not be done in that time, but there will be some live by that time for certain.

Anything will be better than the nothing we have now... :)

Thanks!

Any word or timeline on Poughkeepsie? Rumors I've heard from Sprint reps is that the NV for NYC will extend to Long Island and up through Poughkeepsie over the summer.

Although I don't know exactly where that is, NV is going on all across NY state now, so that would be accurate.

• 5 weeks later...

Springtime bump for the Binghamton area! Fourth round market :(

I've noticed some odd 1x areas (that are always 3G usually) the past few weeks around the Endicott/Endwell/Binghamton area recently, but no obvious NV speeds yet. Any word if work has progressed considerably around this area yet?

LTE would be cool, but I'm not holding my breath just yet :)

Edited by burnout8488

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody else feel like they were tricked by Sprint with this 4G LTE hype? The sales person failed to mention this technology was not even in service yet. I see this posts are over a year old and still no LTE in Syracuse Area. How much longer will this take? 

Nothing out of the ordinary going on here, the timeline for NV and LTE rollout is well documented on this website. It extends into early/mid 2014 for some markets. Read some of the stickied posts and you'll see that we're a 4th round market. (last)

Upstate NY Central
Status:  GMO’s Under Way/Full Builds Site Deployment Beginning
NV Sites Accepted = 57%

LTE Sites Accepted = 0%
Anticipated LTE Launch = TBD

Original Scheduled Completion = Q1 2014
Current Production Rate Completion = January 2014

None of this being anywhere near Binghamton, correct? :P I'm dying here!

null-65.png

Edited by burnout8488

• 3 weeks later...

In Dewitt/East Syracuse today, I was pleasantly surprised with a 4G icon. A quick speed test gave me 16.5mbps down and 4.25 mbps up. :)

Went through Dewitt a few days ago and Sensorly didn't record any LTE connections at all :(

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

AL33XC519 in Endwell, NY appears to be getting some work done today. A bunch of trucks at the base, and some town trucks in the road. Perhaps some more fiber....?

I contacted the town and Sprint's building permit was approved on 6/10/13, so this very well might be NV. 

null-85.jpg

null-84.jpg

Look closely and you can see a man in both pictures. :-) It appeared he was running a cable up the tower, but I couldn't tell for sure. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Went through Dewitt a few days ago and Sensorly didn't record any LTE connections at all :(

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Was through there again last week. I picked up 4G on 481 North before the Fayetteville exit and kept it down Erie Blvd East to Bridge Street.

http://www.townofunion.com/documents/PBProjectFactSheet015-13.pdf

The Planning Dept summary sheet for the tower work in Endwell NY. 

Says they are replacing two panel antennas with one, adding two remote radio heads and one coaxial cable to the existing tower.

Can't wait.

Edited by bstrignano

That tower still isn't NV upgraded yet, even for 3G :( Most of the other towers in the area have been upgraded, while this one isn't. Not sure what the holdup is, I drive by it every day and haven't seen anyone there in awhile. 

From what I can see, this tower points directly at Vestal and serves most of the parkway near the town square mall. 

null-99.jpg

Can someone identify which set of panels are the Sprint Legacy panels? One set is another carrier, I just don't know enough to tell which one. There is a much smaller set below the large ones, and they only point in one direction I believe.

This is the Endwell, Robinson Hill tower.