Network Vision/LTE - Orange County Market (Anaheim/Santa Ana/Irvine/Huntington Beach)

mbaseball3

Whats up guys! Any word on LTE popping up or by work do they mean they ordered the routers, radios and antennas for the towers and will get around to it when they feel like it? I work literally 100 feet from one of Sprints data centers with a tower, portable generators and Ericsson trucks all over and their tower hasn't had a visit from man in years. They did't even do a data/voice upgrade on it! Anyways hope to hear from someone soon with good news...

Upgrades are going on right now, already we have confirmation of towers that have been signed off by Sprint with NV equipment, but at the moment they are focusing on 3G. It will likely be a few more weeks before we see LTE start to get turned on, but once they start with LTE, it doesn't take long for towers that have already had their 3G work completed.

• Like 1

Hey thanks for the snappy reply!

No problem! Lot's of information here if you look around. There are maps of the currently completed towers in the Sponsors section if you would feel so inclined. It's some pretty neat stuff.

In case you hadn't run across them yet,

A good FAQ on NV and what it will do for you, plus terms.. ect.: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1704-frequently-asked-questions/

And what being a sponsor gets you: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Welcome to the site!

I'm in Ladera ranch, near mission viejo, and I have noticed serious coverage issues in the past two weeks. Anyone else seeing really bad or no data? Hopefully this is a sign of more work being done. Really excited to see that LTE indicator show...

Thats a good sign my friend...that happened here in most of LA market..i live in Glendale..and it began like that outages,insane slow speeds and suddenly one friday night pufff LTE showed on my screen.I screamed like never before lol...hope u get it soon.

Tell me about it, I can't wait for coverage to improve in fullerton

yea, i barely get any voice signal sometimes inside right at the window! last week at night, 3g wasn't working quiet properly, even after restarting the phone and updating profiles (thought it was my phone) but hoping that was a sign for LTE coming soon!

So after doing a lot of research about Sprint and its plans. If what I have ready is true and with the iDen network becoming dead in June which will open up the 800mhz spectrum for LTE I can only see good things happening BUT if it doesnt happen and this overhaul slows down then its going to be a bummer cause these plans look amazing on paper right now. Here in the OC we should see some great speeds and voice this year. Only down fall is the lack of towers in South County but maybe there is something to be done. Anyways I might be happy with Spring for once and thats hard cause I came from Verizon. Thats like having a Lambo and going to a Prius.

Edited by ockoerner

yea, i barely get any voice signal sometimes inside right at the window! last week at night, 3g wasn't working quiet properly, even after restarting the phone and updating profiles (thought it was my phone) but hoping that was a sign for LTE coming soon!

Hah! Try living in Placentia. At least Fullerton had WiMax, Placentia had maybe 3 WiMax towers.
  • Like 1

I never rant! It's seriously basically February and we only have one LTE tower in the entire county of Orange? I've noticed that they have upgraded a few sites with 3G, but that was really exciting back in 2007. It's 2013 and better yet, we've never seen wimax! I've been through like 3 or 4 Sprint phones with "4G" and not one of them has ever had the honor of displaying a 4G data symbol. The plans are great! That's why I haven't left. I'm on a family plan with my aunt and I only pay 30 on my line. If I were to switch to Verizon(my mouth waters) I would have to pay nearly 4 times as much. At my college campus in Irvine, Sprint can really break you if you need to get on the internet fast and get work done or check class updates. I've come to the realization that if Verizon was to lower it's pricing, Sprint and T-Mobile would not have a fighting chance. Sprint has really nothing going for it besides its cheap plans and its ancient presence in the telecom industry. That really needs to change if Sprint wants to be an attractive option at the local Apple or Best Buy store. like every national carrier, Sprint facilitates huge customer bases that really depend on the carrier's competence. The dependence on these corporations have increased dramatically over the years and only a few of them have been able to stay ahead of the curve. Sprint you make it bittersweet doing business with you!

This is a rant. You're violating our posting guidelines. You're comparing Verizon's new LTE network to Sprint's legacy network. Work just started in the Orange County market. If Sprint doesn't meet your needs, then go. However, no more ranting here, please.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1197-s4gru-posting-guidelines-aka-the-rulez/

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

This is a rant. You're violating our posting guidelines. You're comparing Verizon's new LTE network to Sprint's legacy network. Work just started in the Orange County market. If Sprint doesn't meet your needs, then go. However, no more ranting here, please.

http://s4gru.com/ind...-aka-the-rulez/

Understood. Sorry about that ;(

• Like 1

Only one tower in all of Orange county? The running list says were at 8%

I think that percentage refers to both the 3G and 4G upgrades. The 8% accounts for the Network Vision equipment completed in Orange County, over the number of total sites in the market. So hopefully Alcatel Lucent accelerates deployment. If you have waited to get LTE since sprint announced plans to roll it out (a year ago @ CES 2012), I'm sure we all can wait a few more months.

How long on average from the time a tower is upgraded to the point it is now until it actually has an LTE SIGNAL?

I don't know but I had a dream the other night that I lived by the only active LTE tower here in the OC. Yeah I might have issues...

How long on average from the time a tower is upgraded to the point it is now until it actually has an LTE SIGNAL?

There is no average time. Each site goes live the moment it is ready. If the sites fails building dept. inspection and Sprint inspection repeatedly, it could take many months.

I don't know but I had a dream the other night that I lived by the only active LTE tower here in the OC. Yeah I might have issues...

Did the LTE site reveal itself to you in a shower of rose petals? Was it "spectacular"?

AJ

Does S4GRU know what Sprint marketing might plan to announce in the future? I assume it's obvious since one can predict this by observing all the work that is done. But can we make an assumption even before heavy deployment starts?

Also, is it possible that some sites might go-live/commence work, without being reported to S4GRU ?

Thanks! :D

:D