Everything 800mhz (1xA, LTE, coverage, timeline, etc)

Hopefully there is not also Public Safety Agencies in Canada that need clearing.

If Canada has not finished 800 MHz rebanding, then Public Safety still will be in the way at the top of the band where the band 26 LTE carrier is located.  The band class 10 CDMA1X carrier has been deployed in some IBEZ areas because it is located below 821 MHz x 866 MHz and is in a contiguous 3 MHz FDD block that has been used for commercial operations, not Public Safety.  So, once Telus Mike goes dark, band class 10 CDMA1X at the very least should be possible.

800bandplan1X_3.png

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-90-fcc-ready-to-give-sprint-official-go-ahead-on-smr-800-mhz-wideband-operation/

AJ

I think it may be somewhat market dependant as far as 800 installation in IBEZ areas are concerned. Most of the sites in the Cleveland market already have at least the dualband antenna installed, and 1x800 lit up rather quickly in the secondary IBEZ once Sprint decided to activate it about 3 or 4 months ago.

I know we have confirmed that the East Michigan and Washington had PCS only antennas deployed. I don't know about the other IBEZ Samsung markets. I'm not sure, but I don't think the other vendors deployed a PCS only antenna. Just did not install an 800 RRU initially. 

I think it may be somewhat market dependant as far as 800 installation in IBEZ areas are concerned. Most of the sites in the Cleveland market already have at least the dualband antenna installed, and 1x800 lit up rather quickly in the secondary IBEZ once Sprint decided to activate it about 3 or 4 months ago.

Yea we don't have 800mjz equipment up at all here so the deployment probably won't be as quick.

• 4 months later...

Sprint isn't very happy with Maricopa county.  

Improving Public Safety Communications in the 800 MHz Band - EDOCS
May 18, 2016 - ORDER

Granted in part and denied in part a request by Sprint for Bureau intervention in Maricopa's rebanding proces

http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2016/db0518/DA-16-553A1.pdf

• Like 5

Improving Public Safety Communications in the 800 MHz Band - EDOCS

May 18, 2016 - ORDER

Granted in part and denied in part a request by Sprint for Bureau intervention in Maricopa's rebanding proces

http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2016/db0518/DA-16-553A1.pdf

Jesus. Sounds like it's going to be awhile before this is settled. I hate Arizona. I use to live there for 6 years lol. My kids still live there now.

Improving Public Safety Communications in the 800 MHz Band - EDOCS
May 18, 2016 - ORDER

Well at least now they've got the FCC breathing down their necks. Probably better for all involved parties to ensure more transparency.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This should be faster now especially since Telus as killed of Mike (iDen Network in Canada) last January.

Telus MiKE has no effect on the situation in Arizona, only the situation in western Washington.