Network Vision/LTE - Charlotte Market

darnell89

Im also in Raleigh, not ITB, and I came here to see if I could glean anything about why service has been so crappy here. Im dropping calls all over the place, my data speeds are horrendous and Sprint keeps telling me everything is just fine.

Looks like maybe there is some NV rollouts.. I havent seen any faster speeds although I did managed to get over 1mb in WENDELL of all places today.

Make sure your phone prl is up to date. I have not seen to many drop call issues in the raleigh area.

Make sure your phone prl is up to date. I have not seen to many drop call issues in the raleigh area.

Ive updated my PRL a zillion times. Im dropping almost all of my calls. I dropped 8 out of 9 yesterday and it doesnt matter where I go, the results are the same. I work all over the Triangle.. doesnt matter if Im in Chapel Hill, Durham, ITB or OTB in Raleigh.. calls drop EVERYWHERE.

Ive updated my PRL a zillion times. Im dropping almost all of my calls. I dropped 8 out of 9 yesterday and it doesnt matter where I go, the results are the same. I work all over the Triangle.. doesnt matter if Im in Chapel Hill, Durham, ITB or OTB in Raleigh.. calls drop EVERYWHERE.

I haven't seen those issues at all. Maybe something wrong with your phone? Take it to a Sprint store and have them check it out.

• Like 1

I haven't seen those issues at all. Maybe something wrong with your phone? Take it to a Sprint store and have them check it out.

I second that. I frequent Wake and Johnston counties and occasionally Durham and Orange and I don't have that issue either.

Charlotte is flying. Speeds have doubled again since yesterday. But it's the in-building coverage that makes all the difference.

Sent from my Full Android on Crespo4G using Tapatalk 2

Sprint is probably preparing for the DNC, just like in Tampa.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Sprint is probably preparing for the DNC, just like in Tampa.

That makes sense. Do you think these are temporary "boosters" or permanent upgrades?

That makes sense. Do you think these are temporary "boosters" or permanent upgrades?

Except for COW's, I imagine all the upgrades will stay in place. They may even be Network Vision ready.

I fixed my sprint speed problem by buying a second hand samsung conquer, cheap. NOW I CAN STREAM A SONG FROM GOOGLE MUSIC IN MY CAR! :lol: . I do however hate the phone and can't wait to switch back to my Nexus. C'mon NV! Stay on target... stay on target...

Well.. the problem with that is since last September Ive had the following phones:

(2) Samsung Epic 4G Touch

(1) Motorola Photon

(2) HTV Evo 4G LTE

(2) Samsung Galaxy IIIs

(1) HTC Evo 4G

All of them have had this issue. This has been an ongoing issue for me. I was on Cleavland School Rd in JoCo this morning and my phone didnt even ring and a voicemail notification popped up. This also happens to me at least 2-3 times a day. ALL of these phones have done this same stuff and I cant really say one has been better than the other.

Except for COW's, I imagine all the upgrades will stay in place. They may even be Network Vision ready.

In this other forum, a person called Sprint complaining about slow data in the suburbs, and the rep said "Power is being shifted from suburban towers and redirected downtown for the DNC convention next week. It is just temporary"

What would this mean, is it possible, is it likely to be true, etc.?

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1774825-Sprint-Data-in-Charlotte-NC-during-the-Democratic-National-Convention

In this other forum, a person called Sprint complaining about slow data in the suburbs, and the rep said "Power is being shifted from suburban towers and redirected downtown for the DNC convention next week. It is just temporary"

What would this mean, is it possible, is it likely to be true, etc.?

http://www.howardfor...onal-Convention

The shift may just be temporary. Not that the work they are doing is just temporary. And info directly from Sprint is so notoriously inaccurate, that I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Robert

I hope Charlotte gets an upgrade. Was at CIAA back in late Feb and my coverage in the city was attrocious. I had absolutly no reception in buildings. Yes the city was gridlocked but my friends who had verizon was still able to use thier phones while i was left in the dark having to go outside to get any coverage.

I didn't recieve text until hours later

Edited by dre22era

I hope Charlotte gets an upgrade. Was at CIAA back in late Feb and my coverage in the city was attrocious. I had absolutly no reception in buildings. Yes the city was gridlocked but my friends who had verizon was still able to use thier phones while i was left in the dark having to go outside to get any coverage.

I think Charlotte is in the second round for LTE so it should be getting it soon. Here is the upgrade info for 3G/voice https://network.sprint.com/search/charlotte%2C+nc/

so this morning I noticed a tower I drive by every day (CR54XC045)looked like it had some new equipment on it. I decided to stop by after work and get some pics. There were also some guys out there working on it, I didn't want to disturb them by asking any questions so I let them work in peace. The main thing that caught my eye was the cables that are hanging from the equipment down to the base of the tower. Hopefully someone with more knowledge than me on tower equipment can confirm that this is indeed sprint equipment.

IMG_20120830_173747.jpg

IMG_20120830_173738.jpg

IMG_20120830_173232.jpg

IMG_20120830_173948.jpg

IMG_20120830_173957.jpg

and here is a pic of the tower from google maps that confirms to me that it's new equipment: sprinttower.jpg

so this morning I noticed a tower I drive by every day (CR54XC045)looked like it had some new equipment on it. I decided to stop by after work and get some pics. There were also some guys out there working on it, I didn't want to disturb them by asking any questions so I let them work in peace. The main thing that caught my eye was the cables that are hanging from the equipment down to the base of the tower. Hopefully someone with more knowledge than me on tower equipment can confirm that this is indeed sprint equipment.

According to the premier sponsor maps it's about time for that tower to get NV upgrades. I would suspect that's Sprint NV upgrades happening. If you upgrade to premier sponsorship you can see planned dates for each tower upgrade in all the markets.

According to the premier sponsor maps it's about time for that tower to get NV upgrades. I would suspect that's Sprint NV upgrades happening. If you upgrade to premier sponsorship you can see planned dates for each tower upgrade in all the markets.

that sounds pretty nice, i honestly wasn't expecting any upgrades this far north of charlotte for at least a few months. I've noticed myself connecting to this tower periodically from home, so hopefully the upgrades allow me to connect to it a little better. I never get a signal stronger than -100 at home and miss quite a few calls.

Well.. the problem with that is since last September Ive had the following phones:

(2) Samsung Epic 4G Touch

(1) Motorola Photon

(2) HTV Evo 4G LTE

(2) Samsung Galaxy IIIs

(1) HTC Evo 4G

All of them have had this issue. This has been an ongoing issue for me. I was on Cleavland School Rd in JoCo this morning and my phone didnt even ring and a voicemail notification popped up. This also happens to me at least 2-3 times a day. ALL of these phones have done this same stuff and I cant really say one has been better than the other.

Clevland school road between 50 and 42? i have travelled that route a lot and never dropped a call. I think there is a tower near Sauls road in Garner. i would download a tower locating program like coverage map and check to see what tower you are hitting. You maybe hitting a tower thats to far away or bouncing off of multiple towers.

+1, I reside in Charlotte and experienced this as well. I'm thinking the area will experience network upgrades as part of the NV rollouts as well as hosting the DNC. Hopefully the network will gets better soon.

Clevland school road between 50 and 42? i have travelled that route a lot and never dropped a call. I think there is a tower near Sauls road in Garner. i would download a tower locating program like coverage map and check to see what tower you are hitting. You maybe hitting a tower thats to far away or bouncing off of multiple towers.

Not that particular section but close. I was at Westview Elementary. Sauls Rd might be a strecth to over there but maybe thats what I need to do. My issues are so widespread that I cant believe its NOT The phone but Ive had too many of them with the same issues for it not to be.

• 2 weeks later...

I have noticed over the last 2 weeks, or so, that the 3g has definitely increased on the speed front. I live near crabtree valley mall, Glenwood ave. creedmoor and drive by the big tower at meredith college everyday (m-f) near the whole foods on Wade Ave. I run speedtest almost every morning and see increased speeds//pings to wilson, nc ranging from 150ms to 200ms pings and speeds have been up around 1300-1600...up is still around 600-700. These speeds slow as the day goes along, down 700 - 900 and up around 300-400...all of this to say there has been an improvement on the both speeds that seems to be holding...no sign yet of LTE...I have an htc evo lte and standing by for signal.

• Like 1