Network Vision/LTE - East Kentucky Market (Lexington)

lil_jimmy_norton

Which map should it be posted on? I live very close to this area and would like to go check out the location.  Also I just made a donation via paypal

Once you're approved as a sponsor, just got to the Sponsors Forum and search for interactive maps.  It's under Network Vision Sites Complete Map.  

Again, you'll have to be approved as a sponsor to view it.  Since you say you've already donated, it shouldn't be long before you're approved and ready to delve deeper into the site!

Once you're approved as a sponsor, just got to the Sponsors Forum and search for interactive maps.  It's under Network Vision Sites Complete Map.  

Again, you'll have to be approved as a sponsor to view it.  Since you say you've already donated, it shouldn't be long before you're approved and ready to delve deeper into the site!

I got it now thanks.. Another question now that it has been accepted should we expect it to be broadcasting 4G from now on?

I got it now thanks.. Another question now that it has been accepted should we expect it to be broadcasting 4G from now on?

Sometimes yes, sometimes now.  This just means that inspectors from Sprint have approved Ericsson's work.  It may or may not be currently live.  It likely is or will be very soon...but sometimes they can sit for several days or even weeks before broadcasting LTE.  Maybe someone should drive by with sensorly on and get to mapping some purple in the Bluegrass!

Not really, I have signal back but it is very week.  U usually get 4-5 bars of service on my S4 but I am getting only 1-2 bars last day.  Plus data speeds are un-usable.  My guess is that they are messing with the tower.  I live Tates Creek and Man O War

In almost the furthest western point of the Eastern Kentucky Market I confirmed site in Frankfort KY is in progress.  Got to talk to the techs there working and snapped some pictures.  Funny thing is ATT was just here 2 weeks earlier doing the same thing!  It’s nice to think Sprint is hot on their heels anyway…

post-8146-0-14341700-1372450425_thumb.jpg

post-8146-0-65668700-1372450430_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Somebody upload that data to sensorly.  I have a feeling something is going on in Lexington.  I have been having data outages on Tates Creek rd. near Man O War and Lerado.  Earlier by Lerado I was getting up to 2.3 megs download.....I usually get .5 megs at best.  Something is happening!!!!

Somebody upload that data to sensorly.  I have a feeling something is going on in Lexington.  I have been having data outages on Tates Creek rd. near Man O War and Lerado.  Earlier by Lerado I was getting up to 2.3 megs download.....I usually get .5 megs at best.  Something is happening!!!!

I've been stuck in Danville for a few nights now with some side work and I've noticed that we are losing data service (3g) entirely around 7-830. Not for the entire duration just in the time period for a few minutes at a time, my girlfriend has a Virgin Mobile Hotspot she uses for work and it's connection has been real flaky since last week. I dunno if any of that means anything though, and the last time I tried to take pics of one of our towers in town I had the cops called on me and he asked that I delete the images. So I'm not sure if we've been upgraded or not

Something is going on in Lexington but not in that specific area yet.  Probably just seeing the back-haul upgrades they have done in preparation of the NV work.

I can confirm LTE!!! Located on UK campus.  Seems to be bouncing back and forth to 3G a little bit.  A little LTE is better than no LTE.  Bound to get better as the kinks get worked out.

• Like 2

Looks like a lot of activity in Lexington today. Friend of mine just sent me a screenshot of 19 megs down over near the pharmacy building on campus, I told him to try and do some uploading to sensorly. I'm over in the chevy chase area and my data keeps dropping out and had 4G flash on twice very briefly. 

• Like 3

I'm in the same boat.  When I run speed tests here on campus, jumps around a lot.  Sits on Zero a lot and then jumps up to 1-2 MBPS.  I am hoping it becomes more consistent.  For those of you who have had their LTE cities lit up in the past, how long until it levels out and becomes consistent?

I'm glad to finally see all this activity in Lexington. I'm getting the 4G LTE signal on my S4 in more places around town. I am now getting 4G LTE at my home between Chinoe and Alumni Drive, near Chinoe Village Shopping Center. Had one Speedtest of 9.57 Mbps. It's still somewhat intermittent, though.

I also got 4G LTE signal at Leestown Road and New Circle Road.

I'm anxious to see the full impact here.

Did a little mapping in Lexington last night. Picked up 4g on my girlfriends 3g/WiMax/LTE hot spot as far south as Toyota on Nicholasville using it and a little before Brennan Crossing on my HTC EVO LTE. Also had LTE while eating dinner at Asukas in Brennan Crossing which I was a little surprised considering in the past I've had horrible cellular service in there in the past. I could have spent much more time and would like to have mapped west of Nicholasville road as much as we got to on the east as well.

This was taken at the Brennan Crossing stoplight which is on the edge of reception for my phone. Very excited to see Lexington go purple as quickly as it has. If we could dry up for a few days we might get some more in other places too...

506055987.png

• Like 2

Yeah the Fourth holiday slowed down progress all across the nation.  I wouldn't fret though..I'm sure this week will bring lots of new updates, especially now that the Noah's Ark flood of 2013 seems to have finally loosened its death grip on the Southern Tier.

2 new towers just popped up on web in Lexington.  Someone on that side of town use sensorly...see if they are LIVE!

Just talked to a co-worker near the Blazer Pkwy site, and his phone isn't picking up LTE yet.  I'll be driving by on my way home tonight and will be checking it again.

EDIT: Blazer site is live now.