Network Vision/LTE - East Kentucky Market (Lexington)

lil_jimmy_norton

I got some info that East KY and Philadelphia markets are underway? Anyone have any further info, specifically on the East Kentucky market?

Philadelphia is under way. West Kentucky should be starting soon. But East Kentucky is not under way. It will not begin until 2013.

Robert

Philadelphia is under way. West Kentucky should be starting soon. But East Kentucky is not under way. It will not begin until 2013.

Robert

A friend of mine who has an EVO LTE swore that he was connected to 4G LTE in Louisville, KY - I wen't back to where he said it was when it connected and couldn't find a signal on my GS3. Of course he didn't get a screenshot so take all of this with a grain of salt, but I feel that something is happening to the towers in my area. Which is in the West KY Market (Louisville, KY) so I am just hoping for some LTE love soon.

I'm an indirect dealer, Monday I received a dealer news report directly from Sprint saying EKY was underway. I would post the exact verbiage but it's marked confidential.

It may be a typo. We have had reports from members seeing activity in the West Kentucky market for the past few weeks at Sprint towers. However, I'll take any good news. If Sprint is moving ahead in East Kentucky than originally scheduled, that would be great. We should know in a few weeks if we see East KY sites start appearing in the NV Sites Complete maps.

Thanks.

Robert

A friend of mine who has an EVO LTE swore that he was connected to 4G LTE in Louisville, KY - I wen't back to where he said it was when it connected and couldn't find a signal on my GS3.

Which part of Louisville exactly? I've been on the lookout lately for any signs of progress, but havent seen any yet. I don't go out of my way, but I have examined a few towers and haven't seen anything yet. I live in Bullitt County, work in J-Town, and attend University of Louisville. I certainly hope your right. On certain days if the weather is right I can get a poor WiMax connection on the north end of campus. Other than that I have never experienced 4g.

Which part of Louisville exactly? I've been on the lookout lately for any signs of progress, but havent seen any yet. I don't go out of my way, but I have examined a few towers and haven't seen anything yet. I live in Bullitt County, work in J-Town, and attend University of Louisville. I certainly hope your right. On certain days if the weather is right I can get a poor WiMax connection on the north end of campus. Other than that I have never experienced 4g.

Was near Southern Parkway / 3rd Street and 264, about 2am or so he says. Like I said, please take with a grain of salt. I was aware of an outage of sorts in Germantown but not sure if that has anything to do with this or not. I know they are a late round market or whatever, I'm just ready for some LTE Goodness in my home town. I don't understand why Sprint has forsaken us for so long.

Thanks for the answer. I finally have a Galaxy s3 on the way. If I start picking up 4g this site will be the first to know. I hope LTE hits soon. I can't wait to rub it in some peoples faces that recently switched from Sprint to AT&T if I get l LTE before them.

• 1 month later...
eHRPD is live now in the Lexington/Richmond area.

Historically how long is it between eHRPD going live, and LTE sites coming on line?

eHRPD arrival in and of itself has had no specific impact on the arrival of LTE. In some markets, eHRPD arrived after LTE started lighting up. In other markets, eHRPD went live back in late Spring and they haven't even started LTE deployment even still. eHRPD is a good step in the right direction. But unfortunately it doesn't tell us anything about when to expect it.

Robert via Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Looks like they switched over to eHRPD for the entire state of Kentucky yesterday. We got it in the Western Kentucky market too. Finally some kind of progress. Let's hope they start rolling out 4G soon. We've been seeing 4G in about all our surrounding states. Been green with envy in the Bluegrass State for a while.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on campus in Lexington and am showing much much improved 3g speeds and eHRPD. Previously I would only show eHRPD when connected to one of the towers on the other side of town. Looks like it is moving in the right direction

Hey Robert in another market thread you mentioned a certain vendor you would see LTE before improved 3G. Is that true for the vendor in Kentucky either the East or West Market.

It's hard to say. East Kentucky is an Ericsson market. Ericsson has typically been deploying 4G LTE first before 3G upgrades. However, this recently changed where Ericsson started deploying 3G first in the Georgia market, before 4G LTE. That has never happened before in an Ericsson market. We will not know whether Ericsson will deploy 3G Network Vision upgrades first in East Kentucky or 4G LTE, until after Sprint starts accepting sites in the market.

Robert

• 5 weeks later...
Newbie here, but I get 1.5m down regular in Lexington. Thats about 3x -4x faster than Sprint in this area. I have not picked up LTE yet.

Here is a thread which shows you what to look for on Sprint towers: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2902-how-to-spot-sprint-panels-and-rrus-ericsson-style/

If you see something like this, let us know.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Anybody in East KY seen any signs of progress? The other three markets anounced in the article back in October with East KY (North LA, Upstate New York East, and VT/NH/ME) have already posted significant progress. I've seen some backhaul work around Louisville but not much else. Hopefully soon for both of us.

• 5 weeks later...

Anybody in East KY seen any signs of progress? The other three markets anounced in the article back in October with East KY (North LA, Upstate New York East, and VT/NH/ME) have already posted significant progress. I've seen some backhaul work around Louisville but not much else. Hopefully soon for both of us.

It's been a month since this post and I've personally seen nothing going on locally. Richmond, Danville, Nicholasville, Lexington, Georgetown, nothing. Danville and Nicholasville both seem to have reasonable 3g service (1mbps) but Richmonds network is exceptionally poor and the southside of Lexington is just as bad. I know it's coming, I just have to have faith.

Howdy, noob here. Im in the huntington, wv/ ashland, ky area and I was wondering if this area was gonna get lte. We have clearwires wimax in both cities. Im happy with wimax but want a s4. I have decent 3g dl speeds usually .75 mbps-1.5 mpbs. I seen a map of markets and my county was white. Thanks in advance.

Lots of white vans and heavy trucks out this past week, and many with spools of fiber in the back. I don't know if it's all Sprint related but theres a lot of fiber work being done in Danville/Richmond this week.