Four new Sprint LTE devices announced

BenChase7

Sprint announces 4 new LTE devices on the way "this fall."

Bold 4G LTE Lineup from Sprint Gains Four New Powerhouse Devices

"These four new 4G LTE additions will be available this fall and will provide customers powerful devices that fit their lifestyles:

-Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 is the first tablet to combine the benefits of Sprint 3G and 4G LTE with a vivid 10.1-inch touchscreen display, Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich and a 1.5GHz dual-core processor.

-LG Optimus G features an advanced 13-megapixel rear-facing camera, making it a dream device for photo lovers who are ready to leave their point-and-shoot at home and just carry their smartphone.

-LG Mach makes 4G LTE accessible as an inexpensive yet sleek smartphone with a full QWERTY keyboard and Sprint ID.

-Sprint Plug-in-Connect Tri-Mode USB brings Sprint 3G/4G/4G LTE directly to a laptop through a USB connection."

No exact dates.. says "this fall."

• Like 2

The trimode USB devices was supposed to be released back on September 18th originally. It's behind schedule.

Robert

damn this had me excited maybe to see another Evo variant (or One series add on)...or a new NEXUS!

but this...meh...no thanks

LG Optimus G is the new android super phone. Move over GS3. I need this in my life ASAP :D

The new LG Nexus is rumored to be based off same hardware(minus camera). That means AOSP on the Optimus G should be a breeze. [READ AS: Good for future updates from the XDA dev community]

13MP camera could be good news.. or it could just mean more noise in our picture due to poor senors.

The Optimus G also does not use on-screen buttons like the rumored LG Nexus will have.. which means the Optimus G makes better use of the bottom bezel space as well as frees up the screen real estate.

Unfortunately, it's made by LG

You dislike Lucky-Goldstar?

;)

AJ

• Like 1

Unfortunately, it's made by LG

My first thoughts exactly! But who can you trust now? Samsung burned me with the Epic 4G so I decided on the EVO LTE, then HTC burned me on that one and the Samsung seemed to be the device to get. Definitely be sitting out buying any phone until after it was launched a couple of months.

• Like 4

I hope for a phone that will be supported by the dev community for around 2 years. Usually that's only reserved for Nexus phones, but the OG EVO did pretty well in that respect.

This site will be very helpful in finding my next phone and I will probably sit out a month until antenna reviews come in and the first price cut hits.

My first thoughts exactly! But who can you trust now? Samsung burned me with the Epic 4G so I decided on the EVO LTE, then HTC burned me on that one and the Samsung seemed to be the device to get. Definitely be sitting out buying any phone until after it was launched a couple of months.

While the epic may have been slow to start it has nearly every rom known to man now. The AOSP builds have no issues and are kept up. Evo LTE, idk on that one.

My Evo 3D is pretty limited rom and update wise. I'm liking sense a lot and the custom rom I'm using has ported in Jelly Bean features (mainly google now), so I'm not really complaining now but with new features in future releases, I'll be tempted to switch later.

As tempting as it may be with LTE, I won't buy a carrier subsidized 2 year contract tablet without/until they have unlimited data. I will stick with either a clear unlimited hotspot or tether plan and a cheaper wifi model.

While the epic may have been slow to start it has nearly every rom known to man now. The AOSP builds have no issues and are kept up. Evo LTE, idk on that one.

My Evo 3D is pretty limited rom and update wise. I'm liking sense a lot and the custom rom I'm using has ported in Jelly Bean features (mainly google now), so I'm not really complaining now but with new features in future releases, I'll be tempted to switch later.

No complaints on the roms for the Epic. Loved CM on it. The radio was flaky and so was the gps.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

As tempting as it may be with LTE, I won't buy a carrier subsidized 2 year contract tablet without/until they have unlimited data. I will stick with either a clear unlimited hotspot or tether plan and a cheaper wifi model.

Unfortunately for me clear isn't available in my area. If it was I wouldn't be able to see myself adding another 2 year shackle to my ankle. An LTE nexus 7 or tab 2 7" with an unlimited plan would be perfect timing for the rollout in my market.

No complaints on the roms for the Epic. Loved CM on it. The radio was flaky and so was the gps.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

I thought the devs figured out how to put the Crespo4G radios on it and the performance improved drastically.

If it was I wouldn't be able to see myself adding another 2 year shackle to my ankle.

you don't have to sign up for 2 years now on clear, you can get hotspot or usb dongle at best buy for 50 bucks or less (but they did make me activate the first month), but you can cancel any time.

google clear voyager

The Optimus G has a nice sized camera, and comes with 32GB built in storage & 2GB RAM. Move over GS III, there's a new top dog in town.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news/lg-optimus-g-fact-sheet.htm

With the release of these 4 devices & the Galaxy Note II, Sprint now has 13 of the 15 LTE devices they promised for 2012.

• Like 1

The Optimus G has a nice sized camera, and comes with 32GB built in storage & 2GB RAM. Move over GS III, there's a new top dog in town.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news/lg-optimus-g-fact-sheet.htm

With the release of these 4 devices & the Galaxy Note II, Sprint now has 13 of the 15 LTE devices they promised for 2012.

I have to admit, the specs look very tempting but AFAIK, LG has lousy support for their devices. Maybe an lg based nexus would be a good idea now that I've seen the potential behind lg.

I am really interested in playing with the LG Optimus G.

Maybe you and Josh could set up an LG play date.

:P

AJ

Maybe you and Josh could set up an LG play date.

:P

AJ

Unfortunately I am working in Salt Lake City on business for the next several months.

And I'm too busy working so I can buy a new and better phone for me. Click here to see it.

• Like 1