Network Vision/LTE - North Wisconsin Market (Wausau/Green Bay/Appleton)

n9ovreric

Gotcha, so it uploads the data I record. I was hoping it saved my maps on the phone.

Sadly, no. It has been requested.

I just went to check out a local site so I could get a baseline of is there, so I can tell when work is done at the site. That poor tower is getting its but kicked.. 6 sets of antenna arrays. 6 different electric metes. at&t, cellcom(local provider that is partnered with verizon in the area, sprint, clearwire and nextel were all labeled on different meters. the 6th wasnt labeled and was attached to one tiny box and a very small array. no visible work was noticeable other than some digging for new lines to one of the little brick buildings. which i assume is for cellcom(verizon) because they just fired up lte here about a month ago.

What I thought was cool is that if sprint/softbank acquire clear they will own half of that site

Not sure if anyone cares about any of this but I felt like telling someone

• 1 month later...
I wonder if there's been any work on the town just off of I-39 south of the 51 truck stop. I think that tower covers a good chuck of the interstate.....

What tower are you thinking about? I live in Wausau.

Did you S4GRU Sponsors see the first full build North Wisconsin site was LTE accepted yesterday in Sheboygan? You can see it on the NV Sites Complete map in the Sponsor section.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

Did you S4GRU Sponsors see the first full build North Wisconsin site was LTE accepted yesterday in Sheboygan? You can see it on the NV Sites Complete map in the Sponsor section.

I thought Irma was the first site?

I thought Irma was the first site?

Irma is a GMO site. Sheboygan is the first full build site.

What tower are you thinking about? I live in Wausau.

The tower that is on the East side of the interstate just south of the 51 Truck stop. You can't miss the tower when you travel north to Merrill...

The tower that is on the East side of the interstate just south of the 51 Truck stop. You can't miss the tower when you travel north to Merrill...

I was just by there the other day and didn't see any new panels or work done, not even plowed yet.

Wausau should be just about done any day now.

I wish. Lol speeds are good on 3g here but LTE would be great! Wish spring was here already, as the snow melts if it stops snowing here work should start I'm guessing.

I wish. Lol speeds are good on 3g here but LTE would be great! Wish spring was here already, as the snow melts if it stops snowing here work should start I'm guessing.

I cant tell you what tower is it but I do have connections. Wausau was first, then its onto Union Grove, following with Kenosha/Racine.

I was just by there the other day and didn't see any new panels or work done, not even plowed yet.

You will not see new panels at a GMO site.

Ugg!!! How can Wausau get LTE before MADISON!!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!?!

Yeah, you're telling me, brother. We've got all kinds of "speed upgrades" and "capacity upgrades" in Madison, but I haven't had an inkling of LTE signal at all....not that I'm expecting to be able to access it, but seriously man. I live directly across the street from one of their biggest towers in the area so I'd assume it would be first-ish on the list. You know, the only place to catch WiMax in Madison (which is/was never launched here) was a fleeting amount of signal on a dinky tower over near West Towne Mall, near Woodman's. So who knows, maybe that'll be the first tower.

The story I've gotten about Madison from a Sprint guy in KC that I trust was that this whole network was 3rd partied for Sprint for many years and then recently (like 5 years ago) they bought back all the towers and started running it again. They know it is under powered for the population and they are working on it. I'm really, really, really holding out here with Sprint. Have 5 lines invested in them in multiple cities. Really hope they do something here soon. I've been patient.

• Like 1