Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

11 hours ago, Tengen31 said:

Could be a mix of macro sites and Small cells. Small cells have different B41 carriers than macro sites

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Ok I found out what that earfcn is coming from. 

Got home from work and thought I would tinker with my magic box. Sure enough it is that. At work, I am close enough to someone who has a MB 

• 3 months later...

Something I've never heard of before, so apparently the tower at Coors and Montano right by Dions and CVS is having some sort of licencing issues and they don't have a ETA on a fix and the agent I talked to said they are trying to find a long term solution to fix it. This is also causing issues with drop calls and data issues too. Anyone heard of something like this before?

15 minutes ago, SeanK_ said:

Something I've never heard of before, so apparently the tower at Coors and Montano right by Dions and CVS is having some sort of licencing issues and they don't have a ETA on a fix and the agent I talked to said they are trying to find a long term solution to fix it. This is also causing issues with drop calls and data issues too. Anyone heard of something like this before?

$100 says they're full of crap because Sprint CS doesn't know anything. Also that doesn't make sense.

9 minutes ago, Brad The Beast said:

$100 says they're full of crap because Sprint CS doesn't know anything. Also that doesn't make sense.

This was coming from a Magic Box/Airave Tech Support.

5 hours ago, Brad The Beast said:

Is this a tower issue or are you trying to hook up a magic box or airave? 

I been trying to get an Airave to work properly for about two weeks  Every person I talked to the passed couple of days they have brought up a tower issue, but the latest thing I heard was a license issue today. The agent said this is the first time she ever saw this note. She said normally is a ETA on a fix and the only note was the techs are working on a long term solution for this tower. Not sure what this means. 

I should note this was coming from someone in Kansas call center so I would think she has more information then the other call centers oversea's. I'm going to try and keep an close eye on this tower and try and see if I can talk to the workers if I see them there.

3 minutes ago, SeanK_ said:

I been trying to get an Airave to work properly for about two weeks  Every person I talked to the passed couple of days they have brought up a tower issue, but the latest thing I heard was a license issue today. The agent said this is the first time she ever saw this note. She said normally is a ETA on a fix and the only note was the techs are working on a long term solution for this tower. Not sure what this means. 

I should note this was coming from someone in Kansas call center so I would think she has more information then the other call centers oversea's. I'm going to try and keep an close eye on this tower and try and see if I can talk to the workers if I see them there.

Ok. This makes more sense. I thought your connection was trash just out and about. Still doesn't make much sense though that they're saying on this one tower. It wouldn't be one tower it would be all the towers in the area since that's how the FCC does licensing. My assumption is that Sprint doesn't have the band 41 license(s) for the channel(s) that they run the Magic Boxes and Airave 4's on in that area. 

Strange indeed! I'm thinking they are maybe having problems acquiring B41 as you said too. It's been a forgotten tower and along with few others that haven't been getting much love. 

Just now, SeanK_ said:

Strange indeed! I'm thinking they are maybe having problems acquiring B41 as you said too. It's been a forgotten tower and along with few others that haven't been getting much love. 

It would be nice if the Airave 4 had the option to switch the band between 25 and 41. @lilotimzis this something that's currently possible?

Had to call again to get my Airave registered and asked about this tower and indeed it did have upgrades few days ago and also some maintenance due to drop calls and data issues along with getting FCC licensing approval.

It would be nice if the Airave 4 had the option to switch the band between 25 and 41. [mention=4387]lilotimz[/mention]is this something that's currently possible?
No, the radio is only capable of B41. It can be resolved though if they quit using it he Magic Box config for the Airave 4. Right now, the 4 uses the same earfcn as a Magic Box, and uses the same availability restrictions as a result. And in some markets, Sprint doesn't have enough spectrum for 4 or 5 B41 carriers (macro + SC + MB). But they always seem to have enough for at least 1 B41 carrier. The Airave 3 used the same earfcn as the first B41 carrier on macros, which allowed it to be used pretty much anywhere.

If Sprint setup a separate Airave 4 config like they did with the 3, this wouldn't be an issue. They could also edit the current Airave/MB config to just use the macro earfcn when non-LTE backhaul is used, but I'm not sure if the config actually allows that type of setup.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Our area of El Paso, Albuquerque, las cruces and Alamogordo has no priority anymore.. we could come up with some good guesses as to why: merger, low market share and no ROI. In El Paso got 3 sites where panels have been completely off hanging, crooked and upside down... have not yet been attended to. Just not hope anymore for these areas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 12/21/2019 at 6:43 PM, tyroned3222 said:

Our area of El Paso, Albuquerque, las cruces and Alamogordo has no priority anymore.. we could come up with some good guesses as to why: merger, low market share and no ROI. In El Paso got 3 sites where panels have been completely off hanging, crooked and upside down... have not yet been attended to. Just not hope anymore for these areas

Looks like here at least in ABQ, they have had some capacity upgrades that I've notice and that's about it, but I went ahead and ditch Sprint and moved to T-Mobile, had enough.

• 3 months later...

Been quite here for a long time. Anyone have any idea what the New T-Mobile is going to bring us in southern NM? Things have been degrading down here in Alamogordo for the last several months.

All I know is that I have seen at least 8 to 10 new B41 8t8r (no massive) towers now around ABQ. Most are not on the premier maps that were just upgraded. That tells me work is still going on. Now around town, I have at least 30/40 down. I hit my new high downtown, 276.

Edit: I have yet to noticeably roam on Tmo.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

I might as well add this I know it won’t mean much , but sprint has started to add massive mimo in El Paso after finishing up the b41 rollout on all sites

e6ec6f752e58f7e0317db42e14bc7d5b.jpg

About 5 sites now have it !

Do you have a capable phone? This is the time to go out and spot some towers! Nothing else to do.

• 7 months later...

So I got my with the Iphone 12. The 5G was only dropping about 45 down and about 12 up. Was expecting more then that. Also LTE has dropped dramatically since the merger. Anybody know what is going on? or what to expect over the next 12 months?

4 minutes ago, RSC405 said:

So I got my with the Iphone 12. The 5G was only dropping about 45 down and about 12 up. Was expecting more then that. Also LTE has dropped dramatically since the merger. Anybody know what is going on? or what to expect over the next 12 months?

Well, with the iPhone 12 you're now on the T-Mobile network instead of Sprint, so that's going to affect LTE coverage and speeds. 5G at the moment is only N71 in your area, which is relatively narrow low band channel, so it's not going to offer incredibly fast speeds. It also depends on how congested the anchor LTE band is. As they add N41 and potentially widen other LTE bands by incorporating Sprint spectrum speeds will likely increase. 

5 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Well, with the iPhone 12 you're now on the T-Mobile network instead of Sprint, so that's going to affect LTE coverage and speeds. 5G at the moment is only N71 in your area, which is relatively narrow low band channel, so it's not going to offer incredibly fast speeds. It also depends on how congested the anchor LTE band is. As they add N41 and potentially widen other LTE bands by incorporating Sprint spectrum speeds will likely increase. 

thanks for the information. I haven't been following much of this lately,