Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

jumety5a.jpg

7usa2ysy.jpg

uvyhu4u4.jpg

edy5u9u9.jpg

zajumuzu.jpg

I went to the Sprint Call Center today in the Albuquerque suburb of Rio Rancho. I thought I may be able to sniff out some LTE there like the one near Denver. Sadly, I did not encounter any LTE. I even went inside. But I did discover eHRPD.

At first, I thought the eHRPD was just at the Call Center. But it appears to be throughout the ABQ metro area. I drove all over Rio Rancho and the ABQ west side changing sites more than 10 times, and I'm still on eHRPD. Looks like we are eHRPD live now.

I took several screen shots. Performance is identical to EVDO-A when connected to the same sites. As expected, the site where I get 2Mbps+ site speeds (at Unser and Paradise on the west side) is still just as fast on eHRPD. But I always get those speeds there.

Robert on Samsung Galaxy S-III via Tapatalk

• Like 2

Seems like eHRPD is popping up everywhere on the sprint network. Do you guys experience and significant power drain by leaving your devices on LTE/CDMA mode all the time?

I have always left my phone in LTE/CDMA mode and I get amazing battery life 12+ hours with regular use (and I use my phone a lot)

-Luis

Checked my wifes phone near unm still on evdo.

The key is in the Sprint call center restroom. Until you unlock that, you will be stuck without eHRPD.

;)

AJ

• Like 4

I went to the Sprint Call Center today in the Albuquerque suburb of Rio Rancho. I thought I may be able to sniff out some LTE there like the one near Denver. Sadly, I did not encounter any LTE. I even went inside. But I did discover eHRPD.

At first, I thought the eHRPD was just at the Call Center. But it appears to be throughout the ABQ metro area. I drove all over Rio Rancho and the ABQ west side changing sites more than 10 times, and I'm still on eHRPD. Looks like we are eHRPD live now.

I took several screen shots. Performance is identical to EVDO-A when connected to the same sites. As expected, the site where I get 2Mbps+ site speeds (at Unser and Paradise on the west side) is still just as fast on eHRPD. But I always get those speeds there.

When you went in, where they all whispering, "Oh my gosh, is that him? Did the guy who runs S4GU.com really just walk in here?"

;)

On a serious note, Thanks for the update and Nice data speeds! :)

• Like 2

Checked my wifes phone near unm still on evdo.

Sent from my Dark Jelly Belly using Tapatalk 2

Just drove down Central through UNM. eHRPD all the way. Check your settings.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

When you went in, where they all whispering, "Oh my gosh, is that him? Did the guy who runs S4GU.com really just walk in here?"

;)

On a serious note, Thanks for the update and Nice data speeds! :)

Lol

• Like 1

The key is in the Sprint call center restroom. Until you unlock that, you will be stuck without eHRPD.

The other day, Odell was posting something about The Merovingian. But I think that Robert must have met The Keymaker somewhere at the Sprint call center.

003MRD_Randall_Duk_Kim_003.jpg

AJ

• Like 2

I'm going up I 25 north bound right now all the way through Bernalillo and into Algodones still on eHRPD.

EDIT: Still on eHRPD at Budaghers and La Bajada

• Like 2

I have now made it all the way to Santa Fe on eHRPD. I am starting to wonder if I can make it all the way home to my site on eHRPD. Española or bust.

When we were in Beaumont TX I noticed my Evo lte was on ehrpd but the S3 was not even though it was set for Lte/cdma. I had to toggle it to cdma. Reboot. Toggle back then reboot again to fix it.

We had ehrpd in Baton Rouge for a couple days but as of today it is gone.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

• Like 1

In Boston, eHRPD is throttled at 1.85mbit down vs. EVDO_A which can hit about 2.6mbit.

I've tested this on multiple phones @ multiple locations. Interesting to see different network controls.

On another note, eHRPD in Boston is now down. LTE still works, but no more eHRPD, just EVDO (and 2mbit+ speeds :))

Do you guys experience and significant power drain by leaving your devices on LTE/CDMA mode all the time?

On my photon Q I had huge battery drain leaving CDMA/4G on so I set it to CDMA only. eHRPD works with the phone on CDMA only. Is that abnormal?

Also, I get eHRPD all over Maine. Did physical work on the towers have to be done to get eHRPD working or is that something they can do remotely from somewhere else?

On my photon Q I had huge battery drain leaving CDMA/4G on so I set it to CDMA only. eHRPD works with the phone on CDMA only. Is that abnormal?

I don't know if its abnormal on other phones, but it appears to be the norm for the Photon Q....ever since eHRPD showed up here a week or so ago its been solid on CDMA only setting here as well.

uploadfromtaptalk1349484593861.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1349484610334.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1349484625752.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1349484641147.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1349484674504.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1349484689355.jpg

Still on eHRPD even at home in Northern Santa Fe County. All the sites in the Espanola area are on eHRPD too. Seems to be market wide. Here are screen shots from my EVO LTE and LG Viper. Both of them were connected to EVDO-A initially. I had to cycle through airplane mode and then they connected to eHRPD.

• Like 1

Also, I get eHRPD all over Maine. Did physical work on the towers have to be done to get eHRPD working or is that something they can do remotely from somewhere else?

No physical work necessary for eHRPD implementation. All software.

Robert

Robert this is where you live right? I thought you were at the end of deployment? What does this mean for you?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Yup. The cursor on the map screen shot is right on my home in El Valle de Arroyo Seco, New Mexico. I'm not sure what to think of it at the moment. Maybe the ABQ market is moving up to be an early 3rd Rounder? It may mean nothing at all. I'm not certain at this point.

Robert

• Like 2

In Boston, eHRPD is throttled at 1.85mbit down vs. EVDO_A which can hit about 2.6mbit.

I've tested this on multiple phones @ multiple locations. Interesting to see different network controls.

On another note, eHRPD in Boston is now down. LTE still works, but no more eHRPD, just EVDO (and 2mbit+ speeds :))

I ran about 5 dozen speed tests using the continuous testing feature in the RootMetrics app, all around Albuquerque, through Santa Fe and all the way home. All the sites that are normally above 2Mbps were still above 2Mbps on eHRPD on my testing today. No evidence of any traffic shaping, by what I could tell. Hopefully it stays that way in our market.

Robert

I ran about 5 dozen speed tests using the continuous testing feature in the RootMetrics app, all around Albuquerque, through Santa Fe and all the way home. All the sites that are normally above 2Mbps were still above 2Mbps on eHRPD on my testing today. No evidence of any traffic shaping, by what I could tell. Hopefully it stays that way in our market.

Robert

That's great! I am pretty jealous because the eHRPD has far superior routing vs. good ol' cmda.

Did you run some traceroutes comparing the routing on CDMA vs eHRPD in NM? I would love to see.

On average, latency is cut by about 25ms for me on eHRPD vs. legacy.

That's great! I am pretty jealous because the eHRPD has far superior routing vs. good ol' cmda.

Did you run some traceroutes comparing the routing on CDMA vs eHRPD in NM? I would love to see.

On average, latency is cut by about 25ms for me on eHRPD vs. legacy.

This may be hard to believe, but I have never done tracerouting. Is there a good app that you can use to do it on a smartphone?

Robert

This may be hard to believe, but I have never done tracerouting. Is there a good app that you can use to do it on a smartphone?

Robert

I just use the terminal emu and type traceroute then the address.

But I do admit, I use the terminal emu quite a bit for things and servers.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge