Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

I mapped out the south end of the Causeway yesterday.

Anyone who maps out or finds any sites please do a few things if you can. Iphone users can shine here as they can give us both pieces of data. Once you find the site, please drive close to it as possible. Take screenshots of the LTE Engineering screen. I am looking for the serving cell number to change (Samsung users). We need these numbers to identify the site. And trust me, it is much easier to do this when there are minimal sites online. HTC users have another number on their screen in hex, forgot the name of it. Iphone users have both. Please post the screenshots along with a screenshot of your location in Google maps or Sensorly or whatever map program you like.

I will do a formal write up of instructions and screenshots for everyone to follow to crowd source the data.

It's finally here! Wireless geeks unite!

-- "Sensorly or it didn't happen!"

• Like 1

I see someone mapped a little bit of the I-55 Lake Maurepas site, it must have not been turned on or something and picking up from another site, the signal is too weak looking.

Seeing how the site is a few miles north of where the trail ends, it could be the Maurepas site. And it fades to the south as it gets farther away from the site. I believe it is a Maurepas snail trail. Woooo weee!

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

There was no 3G available Uptown this morning at all, so I'm hoping that's progress. Maybe hot-swapping the tower I usually connect to?

How do I cycle my phone into LTE when that happens in order to check? Just go to Airplane Mode, then out of it?

I tried that ##DEBUG# too, I don't know what goes in the Data field to get to the next screen.

There was no 3G available Uptown this morning at all, so I'm hoping that's progress. Maybe hot-swapping the tower I usually connect to?

How do I cycle my phone into LTE when that happens in order to check? Just go to Airplane Mode, then out of it?

I tried that ##DEBUG# too, I don't know what goes in the Data field to get to the next screen.

Yes, just cycle airplane mode and you should pick it up if in range.

Not sure what you mean about data field in ##DEBUG#. My phone just goes to the information screen after I type it in.

Galaxy Nexus users have to dial *#*#DEBUG#*#* and type in 777468 to access the engineering screens.

Think you found a new LTE site in your area? Please help us by getting some information from the site.

If you find a new LTE site in the market or what you may think is a new site, drive close to what you think is the new active site. Remember, the signal bar indicator on devices pre-Android 4.3 is not the LTE signal strength. You will need to look at your LTE signal strength in the LTE engineering screens. If you do not know how to do this, see the instructions at the end of this post.  An easier method to see the signal strength is to download SignalCheck

While accessing the LTE engineering screen on your device make a note of the Serving Cell value. This value will change as you move into the different sectors of the site. Drive to different locations around the site if you can. Make a note of the Serving Cell values in each location. Take screenshots if it is easier for future reference of each sector. You will be able to determine if this is indeed the site you are connected to by referencing this Serving Cell value as you move around the site. We are collecting all the sites serving cell values so we can easily determine the coverage and or if a site is active or not. It is our own crowd sourcing of LTE data.

PCI Serving Cells(3 digit style) on a standard 3 sector site are 169 apart from each other in our Ericsson market. For instance 91, 260, and 429 all belong to the same site. The general rule is they will be numbered in clockwise fashion on the site. 91 would be your northern sector, 260 your southeast and 429 is southwest. Each site is unique in the direction the sectors face so there will be some variances of this. On the GCI HEX style serving cells the last two digits indicate the sector number 01, 02, and 03. The same clockwise numbering applies.

Please post the screen shots of the LTE engineering screens and also post a screenshot of your location in Google Maps, Sensorly, etc. And as always please map out any 4G coverage you can find with Sensorly! Go to the Map Trip tab and hit Start to guarantee mapping.

LTE Engineering Screen info:

EVO LTE, LG Viper, LG Optimus G, HTC One, Motorola Photon Q LTE

Open the dialer then and dial ##DEBUG#
Select LTE Engineering
Serving Cell is the site and RSRP shown in dBm is your LTE signal strength.

EVO_LTE_ENG.png

Galaxy S3, S4, Victory LTE & Note II

Open the dialer then and dial ##DEBUG#
Enter 777468 (Sprint) for the lock code
Select LTE Engineering

SAMSUNG_LTE_ENG.png

Galaxy Nexus

Open the dialer and dial *#*#DEBUG#*#*
Enter 777468 (Sprint) for the lock code
Select LTE Engineering

NEXUS_LTE_ENG.png

iPhone5 (can not confirm exact steps)

Open the dialer and dial *3001#12345#*
Select LTE and/or Serving Cell Info
Physical Cell ID and Cell Identity are both values pertaining to the site ID. Post both.

IPHONE_LTE_ENG.png

LG Nexus 5 or LG G2 - SignalCheck screen:

NEXUS5_LTE.png

LTE Signal Strength Scale:

-96dBm or better = great
-97dBm through -107dBm = good
-108dBm through -114dBm = fair
-115dBm or worse = poor

• Like 15