Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

Looky what I found on Japonica St near St. Claude. First pic is tower, Second is Engineering screen on Florida and Third is Screen on Japonica. Speeds were OK, between 2-4 mbps and 12-14mbps depending on area with best speeds being on the bridge on St Claude. Also interestingly the serving Cells are 2 apart on last digit. Perhaps hex ids have the last digit in increments of 2?

Very nice!! I'm sure someone with an iPhone or Samsung device that shows the serving cell 3 digit number will confirm it is the site broadcasting the 484. Good job!

Do you think the purple over the spillway is polluted too? I can't get anything over the spillway trying a couple different phones. imo that stretch of purple is really misleading (unless it is just me but there really hasn't been a tower confirmed that would reach this area I don't think).

No, we had someone out there (don't remember who it was...too many of you in hunting in NOLA..sorry..not a bad thing though). They found the Hex ID of that LTE coverage on the spillway to be a different site than the Metairie site. It was an 03 which leads me to believe it was on the southern side, but it could be the Luling site.

So, I suppose the stuff in St. Bernard coming from the Bel Chasse/NAS tower? It seems too far from Japonica to be that one.

No, there is a St Bernard site active.

Nice. Hmm OK I found 01 and 03.

Round the site and you would have found the 02. Thanks for the find!

I didn't have a chance to post or update the spreadsheet, but yesterday, I checked the two sites in norco under that purple area, and there is no work on the tower as well as the one by the kenner/norco exit or one at the Hale Boggs Bridge. All have no visible work. I have some ID's for them as well and a few more tower updates. I will post in the sponsor section shortly.

-digiblur, What was the hex they found on by the spill way? The luling site was 05A13201, 05A13202, 05A13203.

You guys can solve the mysteries of the signal locations by getting the Cell IDs for each active site sector and adding them to the sheet.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

I am one hour and fourty minutes into mapping. Let's hope this one shows

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Watch your details screen and make sure they get uploaded. Were you able to see your 3G add somewhere else?

If your stuff doesn't go up this time, I would definitely uninstall the app, re-install, and clear data/cache on the app just to make sure.

I didn't have a chance to post or update the spreadsheet, but yesterday, I checked the two sites in norco under that purple area, and there is no work on the tower as well as the one by the kenner/norco exit or one at the Hale Boggs Bridge. All have no visible work. I have some ID's for them as well and a few more tower updates. I will post in the sponsor section shortly.

-digiblur, What was the hex they found on by the spill way? The luling site was 05A13201, 05A13202, 05A13203.

Hex on the spillway was 05A04303

Looky what I found on Japonica St near St. Claude. First pic is tower, Second is Engineering screen on Florida and Third is Screen on Japonica. Speeds were OK, between 2-4 mbps and 12-14mbps depending on area with best speeds being on the bridge on St Claude. Also interestingly the serving Cells are 2 apart on last digit. Perhaps hex ids have the last digit in increments of 2?

FYI... I also looked at the iPhone post of 484 and indeed the Cell Ident on the same screen shot converts over to hex code of the same you have. Updating the sheet on this one. Mystery solved!

I headed out on St. Claude again and found the final 02 Server Cell for Japonica Tower. It is past the bridge going towards St. Bernard but I failed to get a screen shot. I then headed all the way down to Violet and got the 3 Server Cells for the St. Bernard tower that is live. Screenshots to come but Sensorly has been updated.

• Like 1

I had appointments out in the Ninth Ward today. I figured I could contribute a little as well :-)

Speaking of appointments. I introduced my wife to the Mrs. Sensorly that I would start having an affair with in a few weeks. I will be coming home later than usual some days. I will be unavailable and will not be answering while I'm out with Mrs.Sensorly, so please do not blow up the phone with calls and texts. I may even be leaving the house in the evening to go play with Mrs. Sensorly for long periods of time. I may even play hooky to go spend time with Mrs Sensorly.

• Like 3

43 and 212 are what I got in belle chasse

Where did you get 212 at? I was in belle chasse a little bit ago and I only got 43 and 381.

Oddly enough, I was in front of a tower right past the navy base with a RSRP of -69 on ID 381, which is the one I pick up on all the way by whitney o.O

I'm not afraid to admit I'm a noob at this but if I'm helping here I'm willing to keep contributing =D

I mapped it on sensorly on my way home.

screenshot2013011517375.png

screenshot2013011517381.png

Where did you get 212 at? I was in belle chasse a little bit ago and I only got 43 and 381.

Oddly enough, I was in front of a tower right past the navy base with a RSRP of -69 on ID 381, which is the one I pick up on all the way by whitney o.O

I'm not afraid to admit I'm a noob at this but if I'm helping here I'm willing to keep contributing =D

43, 212, 381 are all the same site. Just the different sectors facing the 3 different directions. I see someone mapped it out of the Naval base area and up the Belle Chasse highway a bit then it stops after the curve towards the West.

Every Tower will have 3 Server cell id's spaced 169 apart. So Belle Chasse is 43,212, and 381 (169 between each one). If you drive around enough you will find the 212.

Edit... Oh I see now that you may have just meant where was he when he got the 212.

43, 212, 381 are all the same site. Just the different sectors facing the 3 different directions. I see someone mapped it out of the Naval base area and up the Belle Chasse highway a bit then it stops after the curve towards the West.

Ohhh! yes, I totally understand how this works now lol.

On the base is not me, on the highway was me. Where you seen it stopped after the curve was where it switched back to 3G

So that would explain why I can only pick up, a very weak signal at that, on my porch. Once I walk downstairs it's gone.

Ok, well I made sure everything was sent to sensorly, although I still don't see any of the almost 10000 total points I mapped today. I mapped for close to four hours. Everywhere from the southern side of Baratatia to the southern side of belle chasse, then back through Boutte, up 310,across the hale bogs bridge, through Kenner, then back up Clearview home. Half a tank of gas, and more drive time than I'd like to have spent on my day off.

I pray all of this shows up or I will be thoroughly disappointed with my efforts.

In more news, I did see some new NV gear up, but I didn't take any pics.

Gear is up on the corner of Harvey Blvd. Gear is up on lapalco between Manhattan and the Harvey bridge. Gear appeared to be going up on industrial right past the Harvey bridge. No signal from any of then though.

• Like 1

First time poster, accidently discovered this site, now I am hooked on sensorly.

I have a very good hunch as to where some signals are coming from...but might possibly be way off on this.

The sight on manhattan near harvey blvd could very well be the tower that belongs to the firestation on manhattan, 3824 is the exact address.

I also am looking at a tower by the other fire station for the same fire company, its address would be 2240 8th street. There has been crews working on this tower, although I do not know what they are doing. I am currently sitting about 100 yards away from it and not getting any LTE. Tomorrow morning I will check out the other tower at 3824 manhattan and see what I can find.

It's amazing how a simple "when will I get 4g" google search has turned in to an all out scavenger hunt; as if I didnt have enough hobbies already.

Edited by hvfc6040
  • Like 2

First time poster, accidently discovered this site, now I am hooked on sensorly.

I have a very good hunch as to where some signals are coming from...but might possibly be way off on this.

The sight on manhattan near harvey blvd could very well be the tower that belongs to the firestation on manhattan, 3824 is the exact address.

I also am looking at a tower by the other fire station for the same fire company, its address would be 2240 8th street. There has been crews working on this tower, although I do not know what they are doing. I am currently sitting about 100 yards away from it and not getting any LTE. Tomorrow morning I will check out the other tower at 3824 manhattan and see what I can find.

It's amazing how a simple "when will I get 4g" google search has turned in to an all out scavenger hunt; as if I didnt have enough hobbies already.

Those locations aren't Sprint sites. Become a sponsor and you'll have access to the maps of Sprint sites plus we are collectively keeping a spreadsheet of all the sites we find work at and sites that are broadcasting LTE. As of now the only real close site to your area is in Belle Chasse by the Naval Air Station, it can clearly be seen on Sensorly. Your S3 may say 4G at the top but remember, when connected to 4G those signal bars are for your 1X voice/sms connection and at this time could very easily be a different site.

Welcome to the clan of Sensorly addicts and help mapping out the area looking for active LTE sites is much appreciated!

In Chalmette & Arabi i have been getting 4g signal off and on the past few days thanks to this site yall have me hooked to sensorly.

I see you've already found Sensorly which is very good for helping you and others finding exactly where the signals are at. If you find some strong signals, please be sure and post the LTE engineering screens so we can confirm if it is a new active site or not. Links are in my signature.