Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

eHRPD came back over the weekend in Baton Rouge.

Went to NL03ME022 and NL03ME067 which were supposed to start early Sept and late Sept. Nothing. Nadda. No signs of any work at all. Anybody else see anything going on?

• Like 1

Hmm eHRPD seems to be on everywhere in the New Orleans Market but I cannot run a Speedtest or load a webpage anywhere in Kenner and most of Metairie unless I turn off CDMA/LTE Mode and connect to EVDO. Once I get closer to Orleans Parish internet seems to work fine on eHRPD.

Hmm eHRPD seems to be on everywhere in the New Orleans Market but I cannot run a Speedtest or load a webpage anywhere in Kenner and most of Metairie unless I turn off CDMA/LTE Mode and connect to EVDO. Once I get closer to Orleans Parish internet seems to work fine on eHRPD.

It seems a bunch of the markets got the software upgrade. I haven't noticed anything different with or without.

Data downtown in BR is really borked but it has been that way. It's like one of the channels is broadcasting but is dead. And your phone tries to use it, then gives up, then switches, pulls the data, then switches back to the dead channel again. Ticket time!

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

It seems a bunch of the markets got the software upgrade. I haven't noticed anything different with or without.

Data downtown in BR is really borked but it has been that way. It's like one of the channels is broadcasting but is dead. And your phone tries to use it, then gives up, then switches, pulls the data, then switches back to the dead channel again. Ticket time!

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

I've had to do roam only while downtown for the past 2 or 3 weeks.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I've noticed quite a few times that my data will not connect. Hell I couldn't even get 1X data to work when I forced it. I gave up and just forced roamed over the VZW. 2000+ down there and just makes you sick ;)

Too bad the schedule has slipped to non-existent in our market. They could fix that one tower up downtown with NV (not even LTE) and I'd be a happy man.

Actually now I can run speed tests. For some reason, and perhaps it is a bug, when I leave my office where we have an Airave because in building service is terrible my phone switches over to eHRPD but it doesn't get internet. I have to go into airplane mode and then turn airplane mode off and let it reconnect in order to get internet on eHRPD. Strange but Airaves tend to cause strange things.

I have ehrpd in Edgard, LA. Wonder if its from the tower I posted the pics of in the NV Sites Complete thread. It is the closest one to me. Although I am close to a tower on 10th street in Reserve, La which is right across the river from here. The tower I posted the pics of is on Hwy 640 but it isn't listed on Sprint's network map. Took some screen shots of my phone status page, I'll post them when I get to my laptop.

I have ehrpd in Edgard, LA. Wonder if its from the tower I posted the pics of in the NV Sites Complete thread. It is the closest one to me. Although I am close to a tower on 10th street in Reserve, La which is right across the river from here. The tower I posted the pics of is on Hwy 640 but it isn't listed on Sprint's network map. Took some screen shots of my phone status page, I'll post them when I get to my laptop.

Typically, eHRPD is activated over a whole cluster of sites or over the whole market. I have only seen a few instances when it seemed isolated to only one site. And it has been quite a long time since we've seen that.

Robert

Robert, are you aware if the tower on Hwy 640 is a Sprint tower that just isn't listed on Sprint's map? If you search the 70049 zip code on maps it is right by the railroad tracks on Hwy 640 between La 18 and La 3127.

Robert, are you aware if the tower on Hwy 640 is a Sprint tower that just isn't listed on Sprint's map? If you search the 70049 zip code on maps it is right by the railroad tracks on Hwy 640 between La 18 and La 3127.

Yes, the one on the west side of the site has Sprint on it. You can see it on the Sponsor map for the New Orleans market as well: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/579-network-vision-site-map-new-orleans-memphis-gulf-coast-east-texas-mississippi-and-louisiana-markets/

Robert

I have the Airave that does EVDO as well as the 1X (think it's Airvana or whatever brand). When I'm on that box it shows me as EVDO RevA instead of eHRPD.

My phone says EVDO rev A as well when it is connected to Airave. What my phone is having an issue with is when I leave the area of the Airave my phone then connects to eHRPD but cannot connect to the Internet.

Yes, the one on the west side of the site has Sprint on it. You can see it on the Sponsor map for the New Orleans market as well: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/579-network-vision-site-map-new-orleans-memphis-gulf-coast-east-texas-mississippi-and-louisiana-markets/

Robert

I don't know exactly how the NV cabinets are supposed to look but when I passed the site today I thought they appeared to be new. They don't look as if they have been out in the elements for very long from a distance. I took some pics and I will post them when I get to my laptop.

• Like 1

I went to a site that was scheduled for work already but I didn't see anything exciting. I compared it to Google Street view pictures taken in 2011 and I can see they added a panel to the top rack. I pretty sure those are AT&T's panels though. I brought the wife's camera that has a decent optical zoom on it, this tower is off the road a ways so I couldn't get up close to it without getting on private property. Staying on the roads/right of ways is my rule for taking pictures.

If anyone can help decipher who's who on here that would be cool. There are 4 racks total. Nextel is not on this site, it's down the road. VZW is located with the Nextel site down the road. TMobile is not on this site. Previously Alltel had the 850 here until VZW bought them. I know AT&T has both 1900 and 850 licenses here.

I'm thinking AT&T on the top, the large panel in the middle (latest add) was probably for their LTE. Sprint is obviously one of them. The other two? Hmm... No VZW LTE on this site. Maybe VZW since Alltel was here previously? Impressive VZW tower spacing for rural area if that is true. I'll have to force roam and check the signal strength. So that leaves one other rack. Not sure who's that is since we do not have Cricket, MetroPCS, or any other regional carrier here.

NL03ME069_TOP1.JPG

NL03ME069_TOP2.JPGNL03ME069_TOP_ANGLE2.JPGNL03ME069_MID2.JPGNL03ME069_BOT.JPG

Pre-NV Sprint always has two panels per side, and, at least around here, they're rounded panels instead of flat. That's what I go off of, usually works. I can always pick out AT&T because they have a short-tall-short pattern to the panels.

Two is the most common. However, there are sites with three and four. Depends on how many legacy 1x/EVDO carriers are deployed at the site.

Robert

Two is the most common. However, there are sites with three and four. Depends on how many legacy 1x/EVDO carriers are deployed at the site.

Robert

I figured as much, just haven't seen any. Probably haven't been in areas that need that much capacity.

After finding some other pics on here of NV cabinets I dont think these are. Took the pic from the road with my GNex camera so the quality definitely isnt all that great. As you can see there is alot of tall grass between the road and the site so I didnt try to get any closer. The temp is still high enough to make that stretch of tall grass snake central. I will keep an eye on this site though and when it cools off some I'll walk right up to it and snap some pics. I'm also including the pic of the panels. Maybe someone can confirm if they have at least completed the panels in the case that these aren't NV cabinets.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ii828z8nzji071c/TzDOAqhBY-

After finding some other pics on here of NV cabinets I dont think these are. Took the pic from the road with my GNex camera so the quality definitely isnt all that great. As you can see there is alot of tall grass between the road and the site so I didnt try to get any closer. The temp is still high enough to make that stretch of tall grass snake central. I will keep an eye on this site though and when it cools off some I'll walk right up to it and snap some pics. I'm also including the pic of the panels. Maybe someone can confirm if they have at least completed the panels in the case that these aren't NV cabinets.

https://www.dropbox....071c/TzDOAqhBY-

No NV panels on that tower yet. I'm not familiar with the cabinets, so can't answer that question.

Watch the top rack for new equipment NV hits.