Do you use a screen protector with gorilla glass

pyroscott

I used to use a screen protector. But for the last year or so I haven't. I'm just carefull with my phone and it gets its own pocket.

So far so go. My evo 4g does have one small scratch on it. maybe a quarter of an inch long on the very edge. So it doesn't bother me.

I used to use a screen protector. But for the last year or so I haven't. I'm just carefull with my phone and it gets its own pocket.

So far so go. My evo 4g does have one small scratch on it. maybe a quarter of an inch long on the very edge. So it doesn't bother me.

I had one small scratch on my E4GT too and never had a screen protector on it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I don't use screen protectors because I just don't like how it feels when my finger rubs against it, I would rather feel the smooth glass than anything else. On a different note though gorilla glass may be tougher than average but its all marketing as far as I am concerned. Let any kind of sand or silica get in contact with that glass and thats it, its gonna get scratched and I don't care what kind of gorilla glass you got. Sand/silica can be anywhere and it will scratch your screen.

• Like 2

I don't use a screen protector on my E4GT. But I do have a great Ballistic case with raised edges that help protect my screen.

S4GRU is now mobile...posted via Forum Runner

For me, I just have to remember not to throw my keys and my E4GT in the same pocket. Keys are the only thing that ever threatens my device screens and causes the scratches.

I usually keep my Evo Shift in it's own pocket but still keep a screen protector because I still scratch the screen no matter how careful I am.

I thought I was being careful with my E4GT but sure enough a small scratch appeared one day. I have a screen protector on order for my galaxy nexus, no way I'm letting that get scratched. I had a bad invisible shield on my Hero that kind of turned me off from the screen protectors for a while, that's why I went without on the E4GT. It was really bad orange peel and had a rainbow effect. It really obscured the screen and it was amazing when I took it off to sell it. I have read that SGP makes really nice products so I am trying theirs out.

Always use a screen protector. I'm one of those types if I didn't have one then I would get a scratch. Never tried bodyguardz, but I've been satisfied with ZAGG.

It`s pretty much the same thing.

same material

If I was smart when I bought the bodyguards-

I could`ve bought the material in bulk from Ebay

and got 5 times as much for less than half the money!

They use this same material on cars!

They call it the "Clear bra" for the protection of the paint

on the front end.

Same stuff here :

http://www.ebay.com/...3#ht_7612wt_944

You can use this and cut to fit tablets also !

I just couldn`t wait and bought the bodyguardz

• Like 1

It`s pretty much the same thing.

same material

If I was smart when I bought the bodyguards-

I could`ve bought the material in bulk from Ebay

and got 5 times as much for less than half the money!

They use this same material on cars!

They call it the "Clear bra" for the protection of the paint

on the front end.

Same stuff here :

http://www.ebay.com/...3#ht_7612wt_944

You can use this and cut to fit tablets also !

I just couldn`t wait and bought the bodyguardz

I can get the material for free, plus anti-grafitti film for real scratch resistance if I wanted it. I have connections in the window film industry. :D

^^ Thatd be kool

In a way. It's pretty pricey. My friends brother doesn't sell much for cars, but at least the material has a lifetime warranty, lol. Anti-Grafitti film is thick enough it can really take a severe beating and still protect the glass. It gets put on commercial buildings all the time.

In a way. It's pretty pricey. My friends brother doesn't sell much for cars, but at least the material has a lifetime warranty, lol. Anti-Grafitti film is thick enough it can really take a severe beating and still protect the glass. It gets put on commercial buildings all the time.

I wonder when we will see the anti grafitti film sold as screen protection? Might already be sold...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Then my EVO 4G must not have Gorilla glass.

The EVO 4G used gorilla glass. Check it out: http://www.corninggo...ts-with-gorilla

Most HTC, Motorolas and a few Samsungs use Gorilla Glass. It's not indestructible, however. Sand crystals, emory, and a few other materials can scratch it, and if it lands just right, it will break. All phones use some form of chemically hardened glass these days, but if it uses Corning Gorilla Glass, it's listed on the website.

My MAXX has Gorilla Glass and I don't use a screen protector or a case at all. I'm tempted to change that not for protection but because the phone is too thin!

My last two Sprint phones (Photon, and EVO) had gorilla glass and yet I did managed to get a tiny scratch on each one. I had protective skin on them but i never liked the feeling using my finger on them, so I took them off and must have placed my keys in the same pocket (or coins), thus the scratches. With the Galaxy Note, I have the cover that replaces the back and it keeps the display from contact on items that may scratch it. I could place protective film on it but I hate the feel and with the stylus, may not work as well.

TS

My friend has a lifeforce cover on his iPhone 4S and when he uses the stylus for people to sign when paying with their credit cards, it still works great. And that is a plastic cover on the iPhone.

Sent from Joshs Evo Shift using Forum Runner