Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

I

If you look at JAX and ORL they did the same thing, 3 or 4 towers come online then all has gone quiet. I think Sprint is pushing hard to get a few towers up in each Market so they can then claim to have coverage in all these markets. Looks better on paper and to investors than it does in real life. they can currently say they have LTE in Florida's 4 major markets. They don't have to say how much :unsure:

I'm not sure thats the case really. We can only speculate of course but in our case we know of about 6 towers that appear to have work completed. I think that Ericsson and Sprint are just spread thin and running back and forth between markets. Testing guy for Sprint may be in Orlando for 2 days this week because sites have been completed and 3 days in the Tampa market because we have sites complete. This is a huge undertaking and I'm sure there are a lot of resource sharing going around with the project as well as normal day to day tasks. It wouldn't make sense for a a Ericsson and Sprint tech to sit around a market waiting for towers to be completed if in a market nearby they had 4 sites ready for testing.

Guys... Some interesting news. I picked up LTE on SR56, several miles East of Bruce B Downs. I cannot imagine that this could be from the same Land O Lakes tower I mapped earlier. I will do a drive later to see if there may be another tower live over in Wesley Chapel somewhere. The connection seemed to weaken as I traveled West towards the Wiregrass Mall.

Also, I do have a Galaxy SIII, but I'm often having to toggle airplane mode or mobile data to get LTE at the fringes of a tower's area. I did not do thi this morning. 4G just lit up all on it's own. More to come... :)

Sent from my Galaxy S III

• Like 2

I was there was night but it wouldn't let me connect until I was right next to it

arrg..I did a lot of Sunday to my phone including flashing a new baseband . I went to the site on Sunday night and couldn't connect to the site, so I was surprised to see it on this weeks update, but all of you were not having any issues. This morning I went again and couldn't again and was thinking it was my phone based on what I had done to it on Sunday

arrg..I did a lot of Sunday to my phone including flashing a new baseband . I went to the site on Sunday night and couldn't connect to the site, so I was surprised to see it on this weeks update, but all of you were not having any issues. This morning I went again and couldn't again and was thinking it was my phone based on what I had done to it on Sunday

I have a feeling we're having the same problem. I did the same thing as you and couldn't get it to connect on Sunday as I was driving past the tower...

Edited by SplitInfiniti

My wife has an iPhone 5, and IT has a much harder time connecting to LTE. It seems like the iPhone 5 needs to be much closer to the tower than I do with my GS3.

My wife has an iPhone 5, and IT has a much harder time connecting to LTE. It seems like the iPhone 5 needs to be much closer to the tower than I do with my GS3.

Yeah,iPhone works a bit differently than other phones when I comes to signals. It won't display LTE or 3G for that matter if its not getting fast enough speeds to support the title, even if it is using the lte or 3G network.

Guys... Some interesting news. I picked up LTE on SR56, several miles East of Bruce B Downs. I cannot imagine that this could be from the same Land O Lakes tower I mapped earlier. I will do a drive later to see if there may be another tower live over in Wesley Chapel somewhere. The connection seemed to weaken as I traveled West towards the Wiregrass Mall.

Also, I do have a Galaxy SIII, but I'm often having to toggle airplane mode or mobile data to get LTE at the fringes of a tower's area. I did not do thi this morning. 4G just lit up all on it's own. More to come... :)

It's the same tower. That thing is kicking out an extremely strong signal.

Yeah, I drove S on Bruce B Downs and then a little East through the Meadow Point Subdivision. I'm certain that the LTE is only coming from the Land O Lakes tower.

There's some new LTE coverage info on Sensorly from my drive this morning.

I haven''t been to that site but depending on the height of the site on the tower it could be a real blow torch, Florida is lucky in the sense we dont have huge buildings all over the place obstructing LOS

• Like 1

I agree. I75 and SR56 have a pretty much unobstructed line of site to that tower. The intermittant spots seem to be due to neiborhoods and other obstructions. That being said, I can pick up LTE most of the way to other Sprint Towers. So things will be pretty nice when they also get LTE...

Any way to get info on the NV upgrade status of the tower near my house? TA54XC002. I took some pictures of it today. I don't think I see NV panels or RRUs, but I'm no expert...

post-7085-13559361922386_thumb.jpg

post-7085-13559362055196_thumb.jpg

post-7085-13559362190791_thumb.jpg

Any way to get info on the NV upgrade status of the tower near my house? TA54XC002. I took some pictures of it today. I don't think I see NV panels or RRUs, but I'm no expert...

No there are no NV panels on that tower. where is it located?

I may have answered my own question... I looked at the 'Tampa Network Vision/LTE Deployment schedule update' article on this site, and it doesn't look like my neighborhood tower is part of the initial LTE 'launch'... Crap! :)

I may have answered my own question... I looked at the 'Tampa Network Vision/LTE Deployment schedule update' article on this site, and it doesn't look like my neighborhood tower is part of the initial LTE 'launch'... Crap! :)

what part

There is a map in the article showing LTE service 'launch' towers, but the tower I am speaking of (ta54xc002) isn't one of them. That just means I'll have to wait longer...

It is on SR 54 in Wesley Chapel, just west of Eiland Blvd/Morris Bridge Road. Around 5 miles East of I75.

Check the tower behind the KIA dealer at 54 and 75 that one is being done by same contractor as lol and springhill towers