Network Vision/LTE - Northern & Southern Connecticut Markets (includes all cities)

shmget

do you know where the completed towers are? I have a epic 4g touch due for an upgrade but i dont wanna loose 4g. I noticed a speed increase in wimax i get on average 12 down and almost 2 up.

Also for nextel towers it says. remove 12iDEN antennas; install 3 WiMAX antennas and microwave dish? Are they still doing Wimax?

Edited by z250kid

There are no live LTE sites in CT yet. Alcatel Lucent has completed work on several sites in the state, but so far only 3G is live on those sites. AlcaLu tends to hold LTE for a few months of the first completed sites before turning on LTE. I'm not sure as to why. But they almost always do.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

I am getting a 90 ping, I'm right by Belle Haven. Speeds are 1+ MB/s, they were as slow as 50 kB/s a week or two ago.

Just ran another test, getting 1.8 down, 900 up. I've been off wifi for the past couple of days, been a while!

I am getting a 90 ping, I'm right by Belle Haven. Speeds are 1+ MB/s, they were as slow as 50 kB/s a week or two ago.

Just ran another test, getting 1.8 down, 900 up. I've been off wifi for the past couple of days, been a while!

The speeds closer to Port Chester are a bit unstable. I randomly get close to 1mb/s on a speedtest and then I will do it again and get something like this.

Edit: Photo didn't want to post from phone.

post-9344-0-85451200-1357602300_thumb.png

Edited by Jons227

Crossing over the bridge after Exit 2 is horrendous, but I will tell you that we had almost unusable service for about a month, I was roaming when I normally have 4 out of 5 bars at home.

Speeds are extremely consistent, when you get NV you'll know, there is no mistaking it.

Edited by mrradic
  • Like 1

The S-CT market is not ready to go. They are converting one site at a time and it's a lengthy process. The very first LTE signals will be highly scattered. After the first few sites go live, then a few more will go live every week. It will be several months before the market completes.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

What do the quad pole antennas look like. They nust put new ones up near my house

I don't think there quad poles. When CT updates there site they just write what ever they want.it should look like all the pix of new hardware that's already been show on this site.

so this thread has been quite for a while. Anyone have any new insight on what is going on locally for us in the northern Connecticut area? Is there an accurate time frame for LTE in the Hartford area?

so this thread has been quite for a while. Anyone have any new insight on what is going on locally for us in the northern Connecticut area? Is there an accurate time frame for LTE in the Hartford area?

No time frames yet. The Northern CT market only began last month. In the very early stages of deployment. It is being deployed by Alcatel Lucent. AlcaLu deploys only 3G for the first 3-6 months, then starts bringing up the LTE side. So the earliest the first LTE signals could start appearing in this market would likely be March.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

I was in Cromwell yesterday for the Football games and the service was horrible. The 3g is usually pretty good in the area but yesterday it was not usable. Don't know if it had anything to do with NV but it was not the norm. Also if you went into any building you automatically went into roaming. All 3 of the people with me that had Sprint had the same issue, 2 of us with s3's and one with Evo LTE.

We Were at Chicago Sams right off rt9 and I91 so it's not like we were in the boonies.

• 2 weeks later...

I was in Cromwell yesterday for the Football games and the service was horrible. The 3g is usually pretty good in the area but yesterday it was not usable. Don't know if it had anything to do with NV but it was not the norm. Also if you went into any building you automatically went into roaming. All 3 of the people with me that had Sprint had the same issue, 2 of us with s3's and one with Evo LTE.

We Were at Chicago Sams right off rt9 and I91 so it's not like we were in the boonies.

I've never gotten any signal in Chicago Sam's (I still call it Rookie's. lol) I have a feeling the rollout is all of CT. I'm seeing towers approved for 4g LTE in South Windsor and other east of the river towns. It also follows their idea that they are doing rural areas first since no tower notes for Hartford, West Hartford or Manchester.