Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

Are you sure this site has been upgraded to lte? or just NV equipment? Word on the street is not all NV sites have lte right away?

You should become a sponsor of the site, then you could see the sponsor maps that show that the site was 4G accepted.

Like time lapse of pins going up on the sponsor map? That would have been a good idea. I could try to start that from now on with daily screen shots, then make a gif.....for the sponsor side only of course. Not sure if Robert would be okay with this.

Madison is back to eHRPD this morning. EV-DO for the past couple days.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

So long as it's on the sponsor side, it's fine. I made those animated maps starting last year and into this year, but there began to be so many markets, I just didn't have time to keep up. Plus the maps changed, it doesn't work as well with the big pins now, unless you are zoomed in rather close. 

hello all I've enjoyed the frequent updates on the 4g rollout with Sprint. Although I currently am with Virgin Mobile I was interested into moving with Sprint especially with their new unlimited plans. Anyways I went into the corporate store in Racine on HWY 31 and asked them about the timeframe with 4g lte. The one guy commented on the tower by the harbor which I already knew about. However, another salesperson said that Racine/ Kenosha will be turned on tomorrow. I dont know if he was blowing smoke but he sounded pretty sure. If that is true that would be awesome. Just thought I'd let you guys know.

You don't just turn on a whole market. Unfortunately that is not true in the slightest. Racine and Kenosha are last on the list to be completed. There is a tower less than a quarter mile from my house in Franksville and it hasn't even been touched. That counts as Racine and I doubt the work will be done overnight.

hello all I've enjoyed the frequent updates on the 4g rollout with Sprint. Although I currently am with Virgin Mobile I was interested into moving with Sprint especially with their new unlimited plans. Anyways I went into the corporate store in Racine on HWY 31 and asked them about the timeframe with 4g lte. The one guy commented on the tower by the harbor which I already knew about. However, another salesperson said that Racine/ Kenosha will be turned on tomorrow. I dont know if he was blowing smoke but he sounded pretty sure. If that is true that would be awesome. Just thought I'd let you guys know.

Since Sprint is activating each tower as soon as it is complete, it is almost certainly false that an entire area would go live on the same day. There may be a tower that could be ready in the area tomorrow, but the whole region will not light up tomorrow. Store reps are notorious for passing along false information/rumors as true. Not all, especially not ones educated by this site ;) but many.

• Like 1

I did a road trip today to Rockford for a family reunion. Tons of LTE when I got to Beloit and into Rockford. I even got some 1x800 too. Really nice speeds and didn't have to worry about streaming music which was nice for once.

Interesting note, I was in East Troy near Alpine Valley and was picking up 1x800. I checked the map and do not see a tower listed as smr 800 complete. I have a ton of screenshots from my phone to post. Will do later.

Interesting note, I was in East Troy near Alpine Valley and was picking up 1x800. I checked the map and do not see a tower listed as smr 800 complete. I have a ton of screenshots from my phone to post. Will do later.

It's quite possible that any of the 3G accepted sites to the south are broadcasting 1x 800. We do not get 800 acceptance reports as reliably as the others, and many sites seem to be broadcasting long before they are accepted, or at least we find out they've been accepted. 

• Like 1

It's quite possible that any of the 3G accepted sites to the south are broadcasting 1x 800. We do not get 800 acceptance reports as reliably as the others, and many sites seem to be broadcasting long before they are accepted, or at least we find out they've been accepted. 

Yea, I think I just saw Robert mention in another thread that he does not get the 800 acceptances as frequently as the other ones. That could be why?

Isn't Virgin Mobile owned by sprint? Doesn't that mean they use Sprints towers meaning switching to Sprint would not affect your service at all?

You don't get the roaming you get with Sprint, I think. Plus more access to phones.

Sent from my HTC ONE

More of a Northern Wisconsin market thing but just to show how impressive 800SMR could be.... I was in Cleveland, WI and was receiving 1x800 from the tower in Manitowoc, WI which is approximately 13 mi away. It wasn't strong but it worked! (mostly line of sight over water. Once the Sheboygan towers go 800SMR, Sprint could be useful at our lake house)

Posted Image

(rough approx on the tower)

Posted Image

Snapped the screen shot before full connection but it did connect.

I believe Robert is happy to accept any value donation, as long as the donation value is more than the cost of fees for accepting the PayPal transaction.

Yep, pretty much. We need on average $20-$25 donation from each new sponsor to cover our monthly cost. Some give less, some give more. Donate as much as you can afford. Let your conscience and your wallet be your guide. We will put the donations to good use.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

How much would a donation cost in order to access those forums?

I send small amounts to keep it under the wife's radar! And try to send when I can. Anything helps keep these awesome maps/site/knowledge floating.

You don't get the roaming you get with Sprint, I think. Plus more access to phones.

Sent from my HTC ONE

Yeah, Virgin only works on Sprint's towers.  I had service through them about 10 years ago and whenever going up north past Merrill/Tomahawk on hwy 51, there was no service because Sprint is non existent up there... only Verizon and AT&T have towers up there.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4275-cell-tower-placement-restrictions-lessened-in-wi-budget/

I made a new topic in the general forum.  I think this would apply more to expanding coverage, vs a carrier shutting one tower down and building another.  WI has lessened restrictions on cell tower placement in the recently passed budget.

As I stated in that post, trying not to make it political.  I'm curious how it compares to other states.

I just started picking up strong 4g signal on my mail route, 57th and rogers area. West Allis. Haven't had it previously, so that should be good news to plenty of people. :)

Nice! I see a blip on sensorly. That signal look a little too strong to be coming from the Miller Park tower.... There must be another one in testing near by!