Should Sprint iPhone get same reception as other Sprint phones?

Parev

Hi

I've found the forum very useful, especially because I'm a newbie when it comes to cellular.

I don't have my own cell phone. I have a company provided Blackberry 9330 on Sprint. I get very good signal at my work, at home, and at other places I frequent.

As I read the forums, I'm learning that there is some variation between frequencies and other cell technologies. This concerns me because I'm looking at getting the new iPhone when it comes out, and I was considering Sprint since my Sprint Blackberry has worked great for me.

Should I anticipate that the Sprint iPhone would also have good signal for me or do I really need to test this some other way before I take the plunge and buy?

Any help would be appreciated!

I used to have Blackberry tour and the signal was too good in my work place, then upgraded to iPhone 4s the signal dropped and internet suck too. then I decided to buy Samsung s3. I don't have the issue any more. I highly recommended to get LTE phone !!

Currently, I have the iPhone 4S for my personal phone and BB 9930 for my work phone (both on Sprint). My iPhone seems to always have better signal than my Blackberry. Heck, my old Bold 9650 was horrible with dropping calls. Seems like these newer Blackberries don't seem to have great call quality/signal. :wacko:

I have gotten to the point where I would like some help with a question. Is the antenna in the 4s superior in performance to the new LTE devices such as the S3 and EVO LTE? My wife has a 4s and i have both an S3 and EVO LTE and she is able to use her phone in buildings around town where I can't and she consistently gets better reception. My house sits about 900 feet from a NV tower (3g and 4g work done but LTE currently blocked) and on my wife's phone she always has full signal (I don't know of a way to get the actual dcBm reading on her phone) while my S3 and EVO LTE hover between -98 and -84 dBm (mostly -98). While on vacation in PA she was always able to roam with decent reception (2-3 bars) where I would get 0-1. I really prefer Android to iOS but am getting to the point where I am going to buy an iPhone so that I can use my phone in places that she is able to. Anyone (WiWavelength, digiblur, robert etc) able to shed some light on this? Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

The iPhone 4/4S has external antennas (the silver bands around the edges of the device). While these antennas have been problematic, as they can easily be shorted by contact with human skin, they likely do provide a link budget (i.e. transmission/reception) advantage. And knowing how overly litigious Apple can be, it probably would sue the pants off of any other OEM that built a smartphone with external antennas.

AJ

The iPhone 4/4S has external antennas (the silver bands around the edges of the device). While these antennas have been problematic, as they can easily be shorted by contact with human skin, they likely do provide a link budget (i.e. transmission/reception) advantage. And knowing how overly litigious Apple can be, it probably would sue the pants off of any other OEM that built a smartphone with external antennas.

AJ

That makes sense and I should have put 2 and 2 together as I am aware of the external antenna. Face palm. Thanks for the input.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2