Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

T-Mobile finally got a permit to decommission their old Band 66 site at 1 Carlton Ave across the street from the Brooklyn Navy Yard. It hasn't been active for a few months now so it's no surprise really.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/mKapEnxkPdJuRLC96

Curious to see if they'll join move to another building or if they content with just not having a site in that area.

— — — — —

For the folks that travel on the Grand Central Parkway, T-Mobile finally upgraded the site on top of Creedmoor Psychiatric Center, finally filling in that gap of weaker n41 coverage on the highway. I was wondering when they would get to this one. Really felt like it was never going to happen.

— — — — —

T-Mobile's only site on City Island also got upgraded just in time for the spring crowds. I haven't actually seen the site or been there to map but I was in Sands Point last weekend and noticed that I connected to a new Band 12 eNB that shared PCIs with the City Island site in an area where I used to connect to that weird old split sector Band 66 antenna. 

• Like 1

On 3/15/2024 at 7:53 PM, Paynefanbro said:

T-Mobile's only site on City Island also got upgraded just in time for the spring crowds. I haven't actually seen the site or been there to map but I was in Sands Point last weekend and noticed that I connected to a new Band 12 eNB that shared PCIs with the City Island site in an area where I used to connect to that weird old split sector Band 66 antenna. 

Following up on this. I just went up to City Island and it looks like T-Mobile is giving them the Broad Channel treatment by adding a bunch of small cells throughout the island. I mapped three new ones today bringing them to a total of seven small cells. It's still not a replacement for actual macros though. They need to join Verizon and AT&T in adding at least one more site closer to the north end of the island.

Also snapped a pic of the upgraded site:

1I4FqHo.jpg

— — — — —

I mapped a recently upgraded site in Cobble Hill earlier and noticed that the gNB IDs for n41 and n25/71 are separated by two. Maybe it's a sneak peak into the numbering scheme going forward? gNB ID 1089448 is n41 and 1089450 is n25/71. Maybe n66 or n77 will be given 1089449.

• Like 1

There's a permit for a new 47 story building at 205 Montague St in Downtown Brooklyn. The problem is that  T-Mobile eNB 48352 is on the building next door and this new building will block two out of 3 sectors of the site. For reference, the new building will be roughly as tall as 16 Court St which is right across the street.

This site is the primary site covering Cadman Plaza so I wonder what the plan is. Will they just try to change sector placement, move to a different building, or will this just speed up the conversion of the Sprint site at 25 Monroe Place?