Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

3 hours ago, RedSpark said:

Yes, but why did they bother installing the 8T8R at this site in the first place if it wound up only being there a month before swapping it for Massive MIMO equipment?

I’d imagine they had to go through two permit processes with the time and associated costs?

Permitting to swap from 8T8Rs to M-MIMO antennas is surprisingly easy. On many sites in my market, Sprint replaced the 1900-only antenna with a hexadecaport and left the 8T8R antenna unconnected to an RRU. This is so that they can easily one-to-one swap that antenna for a M-MIMO antenna when they're ready. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RAvirani said:

Permitting to swap from 8T8Rs to M-MIMO antennas is surprisingly easy. On many sites in my market, Sprint replaced the 1900-only antenna with a hexadecaport and left the 8T8R antenna unconnected to an RRU. This is so that they can easily one-to-one swap that antenna for a M-MIMO antenna when they're ready. 

That’s pretty interesting! I had no idea it would be that easy to do that. Smart strategy.

In the DC metropolitan area, it seems much more stringent. @Trip and @grapkoski are the permit experts around here. 😀

Look like another M-MIMO antenna added at East 14th Street and 2nd Avenue, above the IHOP Restaurant building. The mini macro is still there and it is live pulling 167 down and 14 up at 12:30 PM. Sprint replacing 8T8R and mini mac for M-MIMO build so fast in Manhattan, some of them leave 8T8R and mini macro antenna up there.

QgNdNaB.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

The old Clear site that covered my office seems to have been replaced. This site would be offline for days almost once a month. All of last week the site was completely down. Finally came back online and stable earlier this week. SCP will display is as Sprint B41 MM or just Sprint B41. Not sure why it keeps switching but its deff not a MM site since the ##debug# menus shows 3xCA DL and 2xCA on UL. I wonder if this site could be M-MIMO

48 minutes ago, mirskyc said:

The old Clear site that covered my office seems to have been replaced. This site would be offline for days almost once a month. All of last week the site was completely down. Finally came back online and stable earlier this week. SCP will display is as Sprint B41 MM or just Sprint B41. Not sure why it keeps switching but its deff not a MM site since the ##debug# menus shows 3xCA DL and 2xCA on UL. I wonder if this site could be M-MIMO

What area is it? I've spotted a couple more in Murray Hill..

9 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

What area is it? I've spotted a couple more in Murray Hill..

33rd St between Madison and Park. My signal used to be between -104 to -108, after the change I am between -100 to -104 and then today I noticed my signal was even strong keeping around -98. They must still be fine tuning. I also have been hitting download speeds between 75Mbps to 150 all day at work 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, mirskyc said:

33rd St between Madison and Park. My signal used to be between -104 to -108, after the change I am between -100 to -104 and then today I noticed my signal was even strong keeping around -98. They must still be fine tuning. I also have been hitting download speeds between 75Mbps to 150 all day at work 

Most likely is M-MIMO I've seen a few new ones crop up in that area last couple of months.

• Like 2

On 4/10/2019 at 10:03 PM, mirskyc said:

From 34th and Park Ave...

http://imgur.com/gallery/CKvqN1n

Those M-MIMO pings are crazy! 

• Like 2

I think I found a new small cell located at 34th and Madison. What's interesting is it seems to be broadcasting 1x800 based on how strong the signal is. It was either only broadcasting 1 carrier or it didn't have CA active yet. Was able to reach 90Mbps at around 5:30. Doesn't show up on the last Google Street view images. 67ec160e632f1ec43c204e8c1c95b027.jpgf7cfadfda05d400ade0ba4319f28d773.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mirskyc said:

I think I found a new small cell located at 34th and Madison. What's interesting is it seems to be broadcasting 1x800 based on how strong the signal is. It was either only broadcasting 1 carrier or it didn't have CA active yet. Was able to reach 90Mbps at around 5:30. Doesn't show up on the last Google Street view images. 67ec160e632f1ec43c204e8c1c95b027.jpgf7cfadfda05d400ade0ba4319f28d773.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Look at the BSL, your getting 1x from the west side definitely not the SC.

LTE is SC, EARFCN is dead giveaway.

I put all the M-MIMO site we've found in NYC on a google map. Also linked to the post in this thread so you can see the photos or other details. 

From my understanding they started the testing and deployment in lower Manhattan. Hopefully we can find more. Can't wait to get my hands on a 5G phone.  

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WtVBmfoB0H6ORmsTs1ei6lGNmqlbJJsU&usp=sharing

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, mirskyc said:

I but all the M-MIMO site we've found in NYC on a google map. Also linked to the post in this thread so you can see the photos or other details. 

From my understanding they started the testing and deployment in lower Manhattan. Hopefully we can find more. Can't wait to get my hands on a 5G phone.  

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WtVBmfoB0H6ORmsTs1ei6lGNmqlbJJsU&usp=sharing

I've found between 20 and 30 myself. I'm trying to get a better quality pic of Sprint's own NYC M-MIMO map.

But, as you can see there looks to be over 100 in NYC alone. 

Not to mention I have seen more beyond what this map is showing (in the Bronx and in BK)

All confirmed to be live.

545064-sprint-shows-the-first-real-5g-co

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

I've found between 20 and 30 myself. I'm trying to get a better quality pic of Sprint's own NYC M-MIMO map.

But, as you can see there looks to be over 100 in NYC alone. 

Not to mention I have seen more beyond what this map is showing (in the Bronx and in BK)

All confirmed to be live.

545064-sprint-shows-the-first-real-5g-co

I recall seeing better images of these coverage maps somewhere when they first leaked but can't seem to find them now. 

As of now I've only included the sites that we have photo proof of M-MIMO equipment being present.

For the ones you've found so far how have you been able to confirm M-MIMO equipment is there? If you have photos send them to me and I'll add them to the map. 

2 hours ago, mirskyc said:

I recall seeing better images of these coverage maps somewhere when they first leaked but can't seem to find them now. 

As of now I've only included the sites that we have photo proof of M-MIMO equipment being present.

For the ones you've found so far how have you been able to confirm M-MIMO equipment is there? If you have photos send them to me and I'll add them to the map. 

They used to show it on coverageort.sprint.com

I can list all the M-MIMO that I found and already been live,

16 Beaver Street, at the top of Burger King building

55 Broad Street, at the second deck of the building

62 William Street, at the top building

155 East Broadway, at the top of building complex water tower

72 Allen Street, at the top of TD Bank building

168 Bowery, at the top of the building

and also Pace University.

• Like 1

I think i see a m-mimo by amc lincoln square

Waiting for my imax avengers show time hehe

That would be near or on Columbus ave. Btw 68th and 69th st80c9c04607b733005c09445613be9952.jpg

21a68482f6cb85fd47523baa121914ef.jpg515b8d98c8926b407a62d9d451b87c04.jpg4df0a4e3dd69923b045cba9c169d3b08.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sunmybun said:

I think i see a m-mimo by amc lincoln square

Waiting for my imax avengers show time hehe

That would be near or on Columbus ave. Btw 68th and 69th st80c9c04607b733005c09445613be9952.jpg

21a68482f6cb85fd47523baa121914ef.jpg515b8d98c8926b407a62d9d451b87c04.jpg4df0a4e3dd69923b045cba9c169d3b08.jpg

Looks like it could be but very hard to tell. Any way you can get a better pic or figure out what building its on with Google Maps? Just trying to confirm if its a Sprint site

3 hours ago, RaigekiNYC said:

I can list all the M-MIMO that I found and already been live,

16 Beaver Street, at the top of Burger King building

55 Broad Street, at the second deck of the building

62 William Street, at the top building

155 East Broadway, at the top of building complex water tower

72 Allen Street, at the top of TD Bank building

168 Bowery, at the top of the building

and also Pace University.

Added these to my map. Also cleaned up the formatting. Keep me updated if you find anymore. 

Looks like it could be but very hard to tell. Any way you can get a better pic or figure out what building its on with Google Maps? Just trying to confirm if its a Sprint site
Im in the amc theatres and looking out the window. This is the closest i can get. But its definitely on columbus ave

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk