Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

1 minute ago, nexgencpu said:

Very odd, this was one of the first Small cells found in NYC. Pretty sure they all ran at 20Mhz. Manhattan has plenty of spectrum and 3xCA is already deployed. Maybe its an error on the engineering screen. 

What device are you using?

Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, Since today, they change the frequency for GCI: 012A8E31 EARFCN: 41276 BW: 20 Mhz back to EARFCN: 39965 and now I found that I connect to the GCI: 012A8E39 EARFCN: 40142 BW: 15 and check the engineer screen found it out.

was walking past a sprint store in NYC yesterday night and figured it open SCP to see if I was connect to any sort of small cell in the store. To my surprise I was connected to a MM, which is odd when you are in the middle of the block. Most MM in NYC are on street corners.  After walking past the first window and past the door I saw a magic box sitting in the 2nd window. 

Q9z7NrG.jpg?1

EOTrP1C.png

0DVAwsV.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mirskyc said:

was walking past a sprint store in NYC yesterday night and figured it open SCP to see if I was connect to any sort of small cell in the store. To my surprise I was connected to a MM, which is odd when you are in the middle of the block. Most MM in NYC are on street corners.  After walking past the first window and past the door I saw a magic box sitting in the 2nd window. 

Q9z7NrG.jpg?1

EOTrP1C.png

0DVAwsV.jpg

I don't Believe this is a MB, this might be one of the other forms of small cells.

Also SCP has been updated to detect MB GCI..

It looks like you're connected to a small cell. The range of it depends but you definitely could still be connected one even if your down the block. When Sprint first started activating small cells, I would connect to them up to a block and a half away from the corner it was spotted at. 

The ping also points to it being a small cell. Magic Boxes tend not to have pings that low. Macro sites in NYC are typically in the high 20's/low 30's and small cells tend to be low 20's in my experience.

11 hours ago, mirskyc said:

Q9z7NrG.jpg?1

EOTrP1C.png

0DVAwsV.jpg

You're connected to the small cell on the lamppost. Based on my cellmapper.

https://www.cellmapper.net/map?MCC=310&MNC=120&type=LTE&latitude=40.71486124568871&longitude=-74.00694614028933&zoom=18&showTowers=true&clusterEnabled=true&tilesEnabled=true&heatMapEnabled=false&showOrphans=true&showNoFrequencyOnly=false&showFrequencyOnly=false&showBandwidthOnly=false&DateFilterType=FirstSeen&showHex=true&bands=0,25,26,41&showVerifiedOnly=false&showUnverifiedOnly=false&showLTECAOnly=false&showBand=0

1 hour ago, RaigekiNYC said:

With such a strong signal I thought it had to be the magic box. I wonder why that store has one if there is a small cell right down the block that reaches. I would hate to find out that they are sending them to stores to promote. there are so many customers waiting to get one. 

8 minutes ago, mirskyc said:

With such a strong signal I thought it had to be the magic box. I wonder why that store has one if there is a small cell right down the block that reaches. I would hate to find out that they are sending them to stores to promote. there are so many customers waiting to get one. 

Most likely for deep indoors, they have awesome signal strength.

12 minutes ago, mirskyc said:

I would hate to find out that they are sending them to stores to promote. there are so many customers waiting to get one. 

Sprint is targeting businesses more heavily right now. A lot of Sprint stores got sent a first-gen MB as opposed to the new one so it wouldn't be affecting regular customers wanting to get one. The current shortage is mostly do to the sheer volume of customers and businesses that want them right now.

On 9/11/2017 at 2:12 PM, nexgencpu said:

Very odd, this was one of the first Small cells found in NYC. Pretty sure they all ran at 20Mhz. Manhattan has plenty of spectrum and 3xCA is already deployed. Maybe its an error on the engineering screen. 

What device are you using?

On 9/11/2017 at 2:16 PM, RaigekiNYC said:

Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, Since today, they change the frequency for GCI: 012A8E31 EARFCN: 41276 BW: 20 Mhz back to EARFCN: 39965 and now I found that I connect to the GCI: 012A8E39 EARFCN: 40142 BW: 15 and check the engineer screen found it out.

Since Monday, they remove that old lamppost including the box with MM. Replacing with new lamppost, but without the box anymore. Now, the GCI: 012A8E31 and 012A8E39 no longer at that area.

10 minutes ago, RaigekiNYC said:

Since Monday, they remove that old lamppost including the box with MM. Replacing with new lamppost, but without the box anymore. Now, the GCI: 012A8E31 and 012A8E39 no longer at that area.

That's interesting, so what are you picking up now? Macro site?

4 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

That's interesting, so what are you picking up now? Macro site?

Macro site and another small cell at south street and whitehall st lamppost. It good now since no interference between 2 small cells within 1 street block.

• Like 1

The 123 subway station at Penn Station finally has B41. Its from the Transit wireless DAS but in the past it only had B25 LTE. Nice to see more B41 lighting up underground. I'm going to check the ACE side sometime this week as well. 

• Like 3

Got my fastest speed test ever in NYC last night http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/3249981164

Don't remember if it was 2xCA from a MM or 3x CA from a full site 

Here are all the test from that night 

Screenshot_2017-09-30-22-37-16.png

My friend with AT&T did a speed test on his iPhone 6s and maxed out at 8mbps.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Paynefanbro said:

Pulled 122 Mbps down and 16 up in Crown Heights just now on an 8T8R site. Those are download speeds slightly faster than my home WiFi.

Screenshot_20171005-091703.png

Almost as fast as my speed test I posted last week. Anyone know what the fastest test posted by a user was on here?

I was confused by the "slightly faster than my home WiFi" comment because the speed test on the bottom of your post only showed in the 40s but I see you updated it now. You have the optimum 100 package. I had the 50 package but they upgraded it to the 60 package.I always hit above 60 and it will go up into the 70s sometimes.  

18 minutes ago, mirskyc said:

Almost as fast as my speed test I posted last week. Anyone know what the fastest test posted by a user was on here?

I was confused by the "slightly faster than my home WiFi" comment because the speed test on the bottom of your post only showed in the 40s but I see you updated it now. You have the optimum 100 package. I had the 50 package but they upgraded it to the 60 package.I always hit above 60 and it will go up into the 70s sometimes.  

The fastest Speedtest I've seen on Sprint was over 200 Mbps but I can't recall where I saw it specifically.

10 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:

The fastest Speedtest I've seen on Sprint was over 200 Mbps but I can't recall where I saw it specifically.

I hit 170mbs on 34th and 11th Ave a couple months ago.

But the fastest I've seen is abit over 200mbs at WTC observatory posted on the Marcelo everything thread a while back.

4 hours ago, Tengen31 said:

Is that 15mhz a error?

Nope, not really since sprint have about 36 mhz in the low band of 41 with fragments of 6 mhz license in the low-mid frequency , based on licenses in fcc.