Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Interesting, was just at JFK last week, didn't notice while in the Uber.

Its not easy to latch onto small cells. You have to be almost at a full stop to connect to them. I stopped by a gas station near the airport and connected to it while pumping gas.

• Like 1

Its not easy to latch onto small cells. You have to be almost at a full stop to connect to them. I stopped by a gas station near the airport and connected to it while pumping gas.

Interesting, will pay closer attention next time I'm in the area.

https://twitter.com/marceloclaure/status/870759251727273984

Only one Terminal but I guess its relieve the surrounding sites for improvements in the other terminals. 

I'm still waiting for the DAS in Penn Station to be upgraded. Here's an interesting fact about Penn Station from the Governor's announcement back in September "With more than twice the passengers of all JFK, LaGuardia, and Newark airports combined, the current Penn Station is overcrowded, decrepit, and claustrophobic."

• Like 1

Does anyone know if Sprint switched the downlink:uplink ratio in NYC yet? I've been noticing it in other markets but not here yet.

I noticed the same thing, will go out and do some testing tonight. But as of the first of June, no. I was still hitting about 15 up.

Looks like the TDD ratio is still unchanged in NYC. Found new small cell by Plimpton ave and Featherbed Lane in the Bronx.

It was my understanding that changes to the TDD ratio would be done nationwide simultaneously. I guess that may have changed. Edited by greenbastard

It was my understanding that changes to the TDD ratio would be done nationwide simultaneously. I guess that may have changed.

It can be done in markets without neighboring B41 deployments (ie within 100 miles or so, similar to to the ibez). Anything nearby has to be done together to avoid interference​. So at the very least it'll be market by market, but more likely region by region.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This is not Sprint related but my internet from Optimum was going in and out for the past few days. I just ran a speed test and got 127Mbps which surprised me because I had a 60Mbps internet speed cap. It turns out Optimum's base internet tier is at 60Mbps now (up form 25Mbps) and they provide speeds as high as 400Mbps (I think it used to be 300Mbps max). So I got bumped up a tier for free. This is like the third time, they've done this in the past 5 years.

Thanks Altice/Optimum.

• Like 2

e5e3ad0925a81ce6b0bd94956b238e50.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From my experience most of the subway stations have both B25 carriers and B26. A select few have B41. Mostly the bigger stations. 

• Like 3

At my home, my macro sit just activate 3rd carrier band 41 and 2xCA band 25 today. 3xCA band 41 speed test is 80 down and 13up. 2xCA band 25 speed test is 55 down and 11up at 2:58 PM today.

Are both B25 carriers 5x5?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Now I see that they change the small cell frequency to EARFCN 39965.

New small cell by Tremont and Webster, also noticed the same EARFCN change in the Bronx accompanied by completely new GCI's for small cells.

I found a new mini macro site in my neighborhood. I'm not sure if it's a completely new deployment or if it replaced Clear equipment. Either way it's good to see movement on macro sites even in mature markets like NYC.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I found a new mini macro site in my neighborhood. I'm not sure if it's a completely new deployment or if it replaced Clear equipment. Either way it's good to see movement on macro sites even in mature markets like NYC.

I also found 3 new ones in the Bronx.

Also noticed after the EARFCN and GCI change on small cells the sites with slower backhaul are a ton more usable.

Is 10x10 possible on the B block?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Not enough spectrum open at the moment.

Sprint has 15mhz in PCS-B, but most of that is tied up with voice and EVDO carriers, with a small 5mhz portion cut out down the center if I'm not mistaken.

Got a picture?

• Like 1