Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I was at barclays center on Monday for an Islanders game and picked up Sprint B41 inside with a second carrier. Unfortunately i'm using my Nexus 6 until my G4 is fixed so no CA. But I was still able to pull 15-20mbps download and up 8-15mbps upload most of game. Dipped to 10-12mbps in between periods. Does anyone know if the stadium has a DAS or is there a macro site pointed right at it?

I was at barclays center on Monday for an Islanders game and picked up Sprint B41 inside with a second carrier. Unfortunately i'm using my Nexus 6 until my G4 is fixed so no CA. But I was still able to pull 15-20mbps download and up 8-15mbps upload most of game. Dipped to 10-12mbps in between periods. Does anyone know if the stadium has a DAS or is there a macro site pointed right at it?

I believe it's DAS that has had the second carrier before it came online all over the city.
  • Like 1

I drove from Boston to NYC again last night. I had LTE throughout Massachusetts until I hit the CT/MA border where I was on 3G for about 20-30 minutes. There was sporadic LTE that was pretty weak as if I were at the edge of a cell until I got just northeast of Hartford, CT. From there until I got to NYC I don't recall dropping LTE once. There were a few areas where the signal got low but then it jumped up pretty quickly again. This is something that I envied since my mother is on Verizon and never seems to drop LTE. Well finally I can say that I took a long roadtrip and barely dropped LTE too!!!

• Like 1

I drove from Boston to NYC again last night. I had LTE throughout Massachusetts until I hit the CT/MA border where I was on 3G for about 20-30 minutes. There was sporadic LTE that was pretty weak as if I were at the edge of a cell until I got just northeast of Hartford, CT. From there until I got to NYC I don't recall dropping LTE once. There were a few areas where the signal got low but then it jumped up pretty quickly again. This is something that I envied since my mother is on Verizon and never seems to drop LTE. Well finally I can say that I took a long roadtrip and barely dropped LTE too!!!

They are finally getting their act together

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Hey guys been lurking in the forums for weeks reading up on Sprint's improvement in NYC. I currently have T-Mobile but have been thinking about switching back to Sprint to take advantage of the 50% off rate plan deal they have. I've been hesitant because last time I had Sprint, around 2 years ago, the service was terrible. The data was painfully slow and LTE was sporadic at best, even though the coverage map said otherwise. Its great to hear that they have gotten better since then. So would now be a good time to join? I will be getting a iPhone 6s which I believe is a CA device. I dont need blazing fast but If I can at least get a consistent 15-20mb around the city I'd be happy with that. 

Hey guys been lurking in the forums for weeks reading up on Sprint's improvement in NYC. I currently have T-Mobile but have been thinking about switching back to Sprint to take advantage of the 50% off rate plan deal they have. I've been hesitant because last time I had Sprint, around 2 years ago, the service was terrible. The data was painfully slow and LTE was sporadic at best, even though the coverage map said otherwise. Its great to hear that they have gotten better since then. So would now be a good time to join? I will be getting a iPhone 6s which I believe is a CA device. I dont need blazing fast but If I can at least get a consistent 15-20mb around the city I'd be happy with that.

Yup! Tmobile is slowing down Sprint is speeding up.

If you don't mind me asking, where do you mostly use your phone.

It's now or never..

• Like 1

Yup! Tmobile is slowing down Sprint is speeding up.

If you don't mind me asking, where do you mostly use your phone.

It's now or never..

I wouldn't say T-mobile is slowing down. Their data speeds are very fast (30-40) in good coverage areas, and thats the problem the coverage areas. My friend has Sprint and there are plenty of places he gets service and I dont, especially in certain train stations he's able to get calls and text and my phone has no service or maybe half a bar. 

I live in Brooklyn so that's where I'll use it the most I guess, but I work in Hoboken NJ and hang out alot in Manhattan, (SOHO, Midtown) on the weekends. 

I wouldn't say T-mobile is slowing down. Their data speeds are very fast (30-40) in good coverage areas, and thats the problem the coverage areas. My friend has Sprint and there are plenty of places he gets service and I dont, especially in certain train stations he's able to get calls and text and my phone has no service or maybe half a bar. 

I live in Brooklyn so that's where I'll use it the most I guess, but I work in Hoboken NJ and hang out alot in Manhattan, (SOHO, Midtown) on the weekends.

My brother has Tmobile, and he says it used to be extremely fast 30+ all the time, now the average has gotten to more realistic levels (still very good)

Coverage in BK for Sprint is excellent. Second carrier is live everywhere there as well.

You ever take the Acela train from Boston to NYC?

You should be fine in Hoboken as well. Lower Manhattan is a little tougher on Sprint, will be honest with you, but Midtown is fine.

You ever take the Acela train from Boston to NYC?

No. I typically bus down since it's closer to my school. I have thought about taking Acela recently though since I have a few friends that often do that.

I went to the New York International Auto Show today and managed to blow away the competition today. It was at the Javits Center (like usual) and was extremely packed (as usual). Nissan was giving away VR headsets if you downloaded their VR app. Everyone around me pulled out their phone to download it yet my device downloaded this 36MB app in under a minute whereas some people around were struggling to get the download to initiate. My mother's Verizon iPhone 6 hadn't even made it a quarter of the way by the time my download finished. It's honestly amazing how far Sprint has come. This is the exact type of situation that Nielsen is measuring that makes them say Sprint has the fastest network.

• Like 10

No. I typically bus down since it's closer to my school. I have thought about taking Acela recently though since I have a few friends that often do that.

Just curious. I took the Amtrak from DC to the city once. What an enjoyable ride - and of course it was fun watching the phone change towers and sectors.

• Like 1

Just curious. I took the Amtrak from DC to the city once. What an enjoyable ride - and of course it was fun watching the phone change towers and sectors.

Amtrak is way overpriced if you ask me. Occasionally you'll find an okay deal but a bus or driving is way cheaper. I've taken the Acela to Boston a bunch of times for work. It's okay. Better than the regional rail. Took that once and the train broke down between Boston and Providence. Stuck on the tracks for almost two hours in a boiling hot car.

And Sprint had a lot of 3G along the route especially in CT.

So I woke up this morning to not having any data to now just having 3G connectivity on my Nexus 6p and my mother's iPhone 6s. Check online and some others are having issues as well. Anyone here noticed any connectivity issues?

Didn't check when I got up this morning but notice around 8am at work that I am on bouncing between no data and 3g, I'm on long island, it is also ev-do

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

So I woke up this morning to not having any data to now just having 3G connectivity on my Nexus 6p and my mother's iPhone 6s. Check online and some others are having issues as well. Anyone here noticed any connectivity issues?

Just came here to see if I was alone.  No LTE here, and only 1X for voice/data, or EVDO (rarely).  East Harlem through the South Bronx and now near 3rd and Tremont.