Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Other than EARFCN, that latest SCP shot clears things up ;)

I'm so happy to see it finally live up and running, its such a good feeling. I'm smiling with tears in my eyes lol... J/k but its awesome. I live in this bubble and nice to see network progress!

• Like 1

I'm so happy to see it finally live up and running, its such a good feeling. I'm smiling with tears in my eyes lol... J/k but its awesome. I live in this bubble and nice to see network progress!

Upload LTE Discovery shot, it will at least bring up the EARFCN.

Upload LTE Discovery shot, it will at least bring up the EARFCN.

I have it on my 6p never seen it pop up before though. I've looked! But if I've missed something in the app, please share.

Engineering screen???? :D

Or does the 6P show PCC and SCC values? I can't remember.

Revel in all of its glory...

u8DB2jW.png

AJ

AJ....Please let us enjoy this moment! Even if its in a sh$t Engineering screen device! If only for just this moment.

BTW nice size screenshot!  :lol:

It comes from the Nexus 6P thread.  That is not my screenshot.  You know my policy on ginormous screenshots.

AJ

Youll notice it right in the middle of the screen EARFCN..

https://goo.gl/photos/3fenNSKQKssDKzPF8[/size]

Feeling a lil left out. My device never populated that box with the info!

Feeling a lil left out. My device never populated that box with the info!

Im not sure if you need to purchase the app or not, I do see in-app purchase in the store info. Its been soo long since ive had this application im not sure. Another option would be to look at someone else's device.

Damn you N6P!! Damn you to hell!  :wall:

• Like 1

So after a morning walk I can tell that most of sprint LTE sites have a second Carrier live and are aggregated. The clear LTE sites in the area are still running a single LTE carrier currently. This all seems to be centered around 10463 Bronx area. So it appears to be a cluster launch cuz I walked in to 10468 and none of the carriers had a LTE second Signal live.

• Like 4

So did yall figure out which EARFCN is 1st carrier or no?

GCI ending 01 02 03 = 1st carrier

GCI ending #9 #A #B = 2nd carrier

My site is 41276 for the 1st haven't seen the other second carrier as I need another phone to check. I should have an iphone to confirm in moment once I'm back in my area.

Took a drive through Jerome avenue (184th st Fordham, Kingsbridge and Bedford) found some pretty significant speed increases. Unfortunately, I'm also on an N6P and could not verify whether I had CA or not. But simply observing the massive speed increases and SCP info I can say with confidence that CA is live in some of those locations (places that were 3mb-5mbs average turned into 40-60mbs)

Took a drive through Jerome avenue (184th st Fordham, Kingsbridge and Bedford) found some pretty significant speed increases. Unfortunately, I'm also on an N6P and could not verify whether I had CA or not. But simply observing the massive speed increases and SCP info I can say with confidence that CA is live in some of those locations (places that were 3mb-5mbs average turned into 40-60mbs)

Shh, do not tell the others about the band 41 second carrier.  They can stay on the slowed down first carrier, and you can have 2x CA all to yourself.

AJ

• Like 4

Shh, do not tell the others about the band 41 second carrier.  They can stay on the slowed down first carrier, and you can have 2x CA all to yourself.

AJ

MT0JxQ.jpg

• Like 3

Gonna grab my moms GS6 and check it out..

Sad..

I wasn't up that way personally. Did u ever get back to check? I was over by moshulu and Pelham myself and didn't see any difference in PCI in the area.

Quick edit...

Looking at my log I did pick up a few sites it seems.

Im not sure if you need to purchase the app or not, I do see in-app purchase in the store info. Its been soo long since ive had this application im not sure. Another option would be to look at someone else's device.

Damn you N6P!! Damn you to hell! :wall:

You need root. With root it will work.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

I wasn't up that way personally. Did u ever get back to check? I was over by moshulu and Pelham myself and didn't see any difference in PCI in the area.

Quick edit...

Looking at my log I did pick up a few sites it seems.

Im going to upload some pretty great shots I got through my trek and comparisons between Sprint and Verizon..

• Like 1

How?

With LTE Discovery it seems the feature is automatically enabled if you have root (and grant it root permission when it asks). I took this screenshot earlier on my Nexus 6P

QIJsHEXl.png

I also submitted a pull request adding the feature to Signal Detector: https://github.com/lordsutch/Signal-Strength-Detector/pull/1/files I can send you the APK if you don't want to wait for lordsutch to accept the patch.

vuwF9jKl.png

The interface that's used to fetch it also returns the EARFCN for the neighbor cells. So it's possible to display that as well. The only app currently doing this is CellMapper: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cellmapper.net.cellmapper&hl=en