What is eHRPD?

eHRPD in Lexington Park MD' date=' which is one of the cities listed last week as getting LTE.[/quote']

I think you will see testing there start pretty soon. Let us know when you can connect.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

• Like 1

eHRPD is showing up in Johnson City, Kingsport and Bristol, Tn. I was able to get over 1MB. Still waiting on Knoxville, although I was able to get over 2MB in one part of town.

Awesome, I should be heading back through there next Friday and back on Veterans Day, I couldn't hit eHRPD until I was almost back home and hit Montery a couple weeks ago.

Awesome, I should be heading back through there next Friday and back on Veterans Day, I couldn't hit eHRPD until I was almost back home and hit Montery a couple weeks ago.

I updated another forum, but I am seeing eHRPD all through out Knoxville, Pigeon Forge, Sevierville. WIl be heading down I75 today, will see what I can find down there.

So it's a good sign for local Sprint that I can see eHRPD with over 2 MBs download speed (a nice increase over the usual ~.170) at my house with the GF's Photon Q?

(I don't directly have a Sprint phone, just 5 that I pay for on my account)

I thought that there was Sprint 4G LTE in Wichita Falls? Was there Saturday and didn't sniff any at all.

So it's a good sign for local Sprint that I can see eHRPD with over 2 MBs download speed (a nice increase over the usual ~.170) at my house with the GF's Photon Q?

(I don't directly have a Sprint phone' date=' just 5 that I pay for on my account)

I thought that there was Sprint 4G LTE in Wichita Falls? Was there Saturday and didn't sniff any at all.[/quote']

It is definitely live all over the Falls. More Sensorly coverage was added every day the past week. There are 4 sites active. But the SW part of town is not well covered yet. Northside has the best coverage.

Perhaps you were not in LTE mode, or did not cycle airplane mode at all while driving around WF?

It is definitely live all over the Falls. More Sensorly coverage was added every day the past week. There are 4 sites active. But the SW part of town is not well covered yet. Northside has the best coverage. Perhaps you were not in LTE mode, or did not cycle airplane mode at all while driving around WF? Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner
Yep, looking at the Sensorly map no coverage is shown sown in the SW part of town on Kell Rd. when we were in a restaurant and I was able to play with the GF's Photon Q and toggle airplane mode. We were in a coverage zone but the phone didn't switch by itself so saw no 4G LTE.

So got a guesstimate on when testing might start in OKC?

Yep, looking at the Sensorly map no coverage is shown sown in the SW part of town on Kell Rd. when we were in a restaurant and I was able to play with the GF's Photon Q and toggle airplane mode. We were in a coverage zone but the phone didn't switch by itself so saw no 4G LTE.

So got a guesstimate on when testing might start in OKC?

What is an iPhone 4GS? I see it in your phone list under your name... you have some kind of prototype?

What is an iPhone 4GS? I see it in your phone list under your name... you have some kind of prototype?

Oops, should have read 4S. Fixed.
  • Like 1

Im having a not so good experience with eHRPD on my Galaxy Note 2 .

Speed test show fast speed but data arrows are stop and go web pags load very slow.

Using "Open signel" app Ive found Im jumping between 2 Towers / deflectors so maybe thats the reason.

Tower 1 info-

SSID:4818

SID: 4982

NID:130

Tower 2 info-

SSID:4819

The fix to my broweser woe was to change mobile setting to CDMA Only.

With that setting app is showing EVDO-A , I'm still getting Tower bounce data speed remaining same as eHRPD but data arrows are solid web pages load fast

Edited by Philc

Im having a not so good experience with eHRPD on my Galaxy Note 2 .

Speed test show fast speed but data arrows are stop and go web pags load very slow.

Using "Open signel" app Ive found Im jumping between 2 Towers / deflectors so maybe thats the reason.

Tower 1 info-

SSID:4818

Tower 2 info-

SSID:4819

The fix to my broweser woe was to change mobile setting to CDMA Only.

With that setting app is showing EVDO-A ' date=' I'm still getting Tower bounce data speed remaining same as eHRPD but data arrows are solid web pages load fast[/quote']

Could be an issue with your device provisioning or the network 4G core. Have you edited your proxies?

• Like 1

Could be an issue with your device provisioning or the network 4G core. Have you edited your proxies?

No edits made.

I spoke with tech support shortly after posting finding that tower is running at 73% so that may be the problem. Rep wasn't very helpful though going through settings to make sure device was tuned in properly.

Trouble ticket is placed should get return call on Thursday.

I have a quick question regarding ehrpd rollout. In the Bay Area, lte has been more or less been put on at least one tower in every area. However, ehrpd seems to not be rolled out in much of the Bay Area. I have read that ehrpd is usually rolled out entirely before lte work even begins. Can anyone explain this?

I have a quick question regarding ehrpd rollout. In the Bay Area, lte has been more or less been put on at least one tower in every area. However, ehrpd seems to not be rolled out in much of the Bay Area. I have read that ehrpd is usually rolled out entirely before lte work even begins. Can anyone explain this?

eHRPD comes and goes often in active deployment markets. This is not unusual.

Robert

(I don't directly have a Sprint phone, just 5 that I pay for on my account)

I thought that there was Sprint 4G LTE in Wichita Falls? Was there Saturday and didn't sniff any at all.

http://www.sensorly....t/lte_310sprint All that mapping was done by me over the last 4-6 weeks (for those not in Wichita Falls, TX, search 76301). Only exception to this is from Fisher Rd out to just outside Henrietta. Someone else did that.

Evidently there are no LTE antennas installed yet at the Kemp & Kell location (on top of the building) and the location on Jacksboro Hwy and Southwestern Parkway (the tower in James Lane Air Conditioning's equipment yard)

As for speed, I've seen 25-30Mbps on 4G from the tower on Pearlie & Burkburnette Rd, and in that same area, about 2.5Mbps on 3G BEFORE the upgrade to LTE.

Edited by kusanagi-sama

http://www.sensorly....t/lte_310sprint All that mapping was done by me over the last 4-6 weeks (for those not in Wichita Falls, TX, search 76301). Only exception to this is from Fisher Rd out to just outside Henrietta. Someone else did that.

Evidently there are no LTE antennas installed yet at the Kemp & Kell location (on top of the building) and the location on Jacksboro Hwy and Southwestern Parkway (the tower in James Lane Air Conditioning's equipment yard)

As for speed, I've seen 25-30Mbps on 4G from the tower on Pearlie & Burkburnette Rd, and in that same area, about 2.5Mbps on 3G BEFORE the upgrade to LTE.

I'm going to be in Wichita Falls over Thanksgiving weekend. I'm looking forward to enjoying the LTE goodness. :)

Robert via Samsung Victory LTE on Tapatalk

Last time I was in Wichita Falls was more than 15 years before they got their first cellular service...

Sent from Photon Q LTE - Tapatalk

It seems like I'm in Wichita Falls every year. It hasn't changed much in the past 15-20 years.

Robert via Samsung Victory LTE on Tapatalk