Network Vision/LTE - Miami/West Palm Market

Mondays In Flames

So recently I saw the topic of August 2012 Deployment, and South Florida is included in the post. I also recently received a notification from Sprint on Sprint Zone announcing a newer better network.

Unfortunately, I haven't really seen much of an improvement on service, including Ping on the network, and data speeds. I haven't even been able to see information online, so my question is this: How soon should I be expecting an LTE signal in South Florida?

P.S. I've been around the areas that have always had better coverage and speeds, but they have actually been pretty slow lately.... What could that mean?

-Luis

So recently I saw the topic of August 2012 Deployment, and South Florida is included in the post. I also recently received a notification from Sprint on Sprint Zone announcing a newer better network.

Unfortunately, I haven't really seen much of an improvement on service, including Ping on the network, and data speeds. I haven't even been able to see information online, so my question is this: How soon should I be expecting an LTE signal in South Florida?

P.S. I've been around the areas that have always had better coverage and speeds, but they have actually been pretty slow lately.... What could that mean?

-Luis

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-274-miamiwest-palm-network-visionlte-deployment-schedule-update/

-Luis

Note that deployment is only in the very initial stages in the Miami market. I don't think they will meet the aggressive schedule that we posted for the month of August. However, I do think there will be some LTE sites that will complete this month in the Miami market. However, if Miami is like other Sprint markets, the LTE may not be permanently live until the market is formally launched. We won't know for certain until some sites start completing later this month.

Robert

• Like 1

For whatever it's worth, a friend of mine (really, not a friend of a friend's cousin) is a tower tech that works for Ericsson. He said within two weeks they'd be deploying one or starting on a site in the area. I wish I could remember what parts of Miami he's in charge of, but good to know it's a work in progress.

I'm hoping once it's up my Evo LTE won't have any issues connecting to it. What ever happened to that reception article Robert? Inquiring minds want to know :)

For whatever it's worth, a friend of mine (really, not a friend of a friend's cousin) is a tower tech that works for Ericsson. He said within two weeks they'd be deploying one or starting on a site in the area. I wish I could remember what parts of Miami he's in charge of, but good to know it's a work in progress.

I'm hoping once it's up my Evo LTE won't have any issues connecting to it. What ever happened to that reception article Robert? Inquiring minds want to know :)

Sprint and HTC ended up putting out an OTA that fixed the issue. It will now stay connected to LTE. However, there are still some issues with getting a signal organically. Most EVO LTE users have to force their devices to look for a LTE signal when within range. Hopefully that issue will be resolved soon. We are not actually planning to write article on the issue beyond what we already have.

Robert

• Like 1

Sprint and HTC ended up putting out an OTA that fixed the issue. It will now stay connected to LTE. However, there are still some issues with getting a signal organically. Most EVO LTE users have to force their devices to look for a LTE signal when within range. Hopefully that issue will be resolved soon. We are not actually planning to write article on the issue beyond what we already have.

Robert

Oh that must have been the last OTA that came out. Weren't you planning on writing an article comparing the reception between the Evo LTE, Galaxy S3, Photon, Viper, and a few others?

Oh that must have been the last OTA that came out. Weren't you planning on writing an article comparing the reception between the Evo LTE, Galaxy S3, Photon, Viper, and a few others?

Oh! That article! I still have more testing to do. I may get the first installment of the article, covering 1x/EVDO next week. The LTE radio performance article will not be until September.

Robert

• Like 1

Oh! That article! I still have more testing to do. I may get the first installment of the article, covering 1x/EVDO next week. The LTE radio performance article will not be until September.

Robert

Ok cool! I look forward to seeing your findings (and hopefully good news for my Evo :-)) Why are you waiting for September for the LTE article? Waiting for the network to get the initial kinks outs?

Why are you waiting for September for the LTE article? Waiting for the network to get the initial kinks outs?

Robert has yet to feel the cool breeze of Sprint LTE. He lives in a market that will see Network Vision about the same time that the Dolphins win the Super Bowl.

;)

AJ

• Like 3

As AJ points out above, I have to travel to get to LTE coverage.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

lol.... Dolphins winning the Super Bowl. Every year one of my friends says that. He's a true fan I guess... lol.

Robert... thanks for all you do and your dedication to us Sprint nerds :)

• Like 1

I have now spotted on two seperate occations Ericsson trucks, one in Ocala fl and the other in traffic in Lakeland Fl this month!!! I have so wanted to chase them down and get info on the development of the network so far in the Tampa and Jacksonville markets.

• Like 1

I have now spotted on two seperate occations Ericsson trucks, one in Ocala fl and the other in traffic in Lakeland Fl this month!!! I have so wanted to chase them down and get info on the development of the network so far in the Tampa and Jacksonville markets.

I wish I could actually find the Towers lmao. Maybe i'm not looking hard enough!

Regardless, I have seen some speed improvements in my home area.

Most of the Ericsson trucks that you are going to see are Network Opps (the guys who maintain the network) and they are as clueless as us on when the deployments are going to be done. They generally don't find out until the build on a site is almost complete.

Man I can't wait for at least enhanced backhaul on 3G? Will this be coming to South Florida soon? I can deal without LTE but give me at least faster 3G then? I can't wait for LTE all over South Florida. Verizon only has LTE on the coast and cities like Coral Springs, Tamarac, Davie, Weston, Sunrise are all without LTE from Verizon. And they only just expanded the LTE to go further in from the coast a few months ago. Before that you could only get LTE about from the coast to three to four miles in. Verizon LTE isn't everything everyone cracks it up to be!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Any new reports, miami, ft. lauderdale, I'm going to be in that area End of Month, driving between Miami and Orlando, might do some testing at stops.

Florida's Turnpike has some of the best speeds I've captured on sprint. 2 down, 1.5 up for burst. 1.5 down, 0.75 up on average.

• Like 1

Florida's Turnpike has some of the best speeds I've captured on sprint. 2 down, 1.5 up for burst. 1.5 down, 0.75 up on average.

That's true. When I'm driving down the Turnpike I am able to watch YouTube videos with no problem lol.

-Luis

• Like 2

Sorry it's so far aways but the guys are up there working on them

iTz Young Amazed

Where is this site located exactly? Other than near a Publix.

On another note, I sure miss the Sweet Tea from Publix. That stuff is like crack!!!

Robert