Network Vision/LTE - Baltimore Market (including Annapolis/East Shore)

lequonrobinson

Does anybody find it odd that these 4G hits are from low posters? Plus the non Baltimore / Washington area code. (great find) not to say it's not happening but....

Could be long time lurkers who just now felt like they had something to contribute... :secret:

• Like 2

I moved here from Ohio, hence the non-Baltimore/DC area code. No sense in changing a phone number that I have had for years just because I moved states.

Take it for what it's worth, however, it is definitely on all over the place in Reisterstown and Owings Mills. I can get in from Safeway at corner of Owings Mills BLVD and Resisterstown Rd all the way to downtown Reisterstown.

Does anybody find it odd that these 4G hits are from low posters? Plus the non Baltimore / Washington area code. (great find) not to say it's not happening but....

Could be long time lurkers who just now felt like they had something to contribute... :secret:

Also, it makes sense that one person was from Dallas, as that is a market that already has LTE... theoretically they would already have a device and if they are an avid S4GRU member, they would want to check out any town while they were on business.

Also, I know that I didn't post in the forums when I first joined the site, but rather just looked at the articles and maybe posted a little in response to those. Once I became more informed from reading and posting to other sites, I became slightly more involved as this is a much better site and a better forum experience.

• Like 1

saw this article across the news about Baltimore speedtest by Computerworld up to 15mbps down. good to have some positive press for Sprint network finally.

http://www.computerw...sured_at_15Mbps

What's great is that much of what the article was saying regarding the technology of NV and LTE is stuff that I had already read here on S4GRU.

• Like 1

42575042-fa95-a834.jpgFirst off let me apologize to the low posters.

Luckily my office is close by to double check your findings in the Owings Mills area.

Fyi I was cycling my airplane mode on my S3 and not getting 4G results.

I then tried a restart and 4G blinked on.

Just as our collegue stated rt 140 between Owings Mills and Reisterstown MD is on.

post-665-13456491635517_thumb.jpg

post-665-13456491811555_thumb.jpg

post-665-13456491942292_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

From the peanut gallery. 4G LTE

Not moving, full bars

YouTube, Application updates from the play store, Web sites all pretty much worked like my home Internet connection.

I guess the app downloads were the most 'work'. As fast as I could click they would download.

For once it didn't feel like a Boa Constrictor trying to eat a Sheep. The information flowed like a highway not a dirt road.

• Like 1

Then when all is well I go back to the office and get slapped back to reality. 3g. But to top it off EvdoA on all the other tests that I did before LTE today and this most recent post LTE speed test. So in other words towers that were showing ehrpd have switched to EvdoA.

No idea what it means but just passing it along.

FWIW. When I went back into 4G coverage the handshake was seamless from EvdoA.

It should go from one to the other without any issues. However, doing it while with an active data session, like downloading or streaming, that would be very difficult from EVDO to LTE. However, eHRPD to LTE should be without an issue.

Robert

About 3 months ago, I lost the ability to make a phone call from my house in Westminster. There was no signal. The signal came back strong yesterday. 4 bars on the antenna from inside the house. I did not check for 4g signal, but will check tonight.

Also, today at work in Hunt Valley/ Cockeysille, the 4g signal is on. Is it strange that the server is listed as Reston, Va?

Edited by Beach Rover

I hope these speeds stay consistent at the levels posted. In the same area I consistently see 15-25 downloads and at least 10 up on my friend's Verizon. I'm very cautiously optimistic this will be good when rolled out through B'more and into the DC market.

I got unstable 4G at M&T Bank stadium, but I was so high up it's hard to say which direction it came from.

I also got 4G in one part of Towson University.

It seems to be coming. I was sort of hoping they would flip it over all at once.

I got LTE at last night's Ravens game at M&T Bank Stadium. Made me so happy as that's where I used my Wimax mostly last year. I love being able to pull up my Slingbox and watch the instant replay at close-up during the game. (Actually a 10-20 second delay from what's happening on the field.)

My throughput rates weren't stellar (6mbps down/2-3mbps up) but usable for video streaming. Connection did drop as soon as I went inside the building (club level areas). I have no idea where the tower was.

Looks like we're seeing progress here in Baltimore.

• Like 1