Samsung vs. Apple

HappyHappy

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/05/apple-patent-fight-with-samsung-spills-some-iphone-and-ipad-secrets-disruptions/

Saw this in the news today and it is just sad that Apple is trying everything to get rid of competition in the market. Seems to me that Apple is falling and Samsung is dominating in the new era. Just feel that if Apple succeeds in suing Samsung then Sony will sue Apple for everything that Apple is. '

Childish act of Apple.

Apple does not literally mean everything, it is a democratic country and stop bragging about the design. Wish iphone 5 is a bit curvy so Samsung can sue Apple for stealing its design.

Honestly, I think lets have a fair competition in the market. Apple is great but I have to admit Samsung is doing whole lot better in the market in recent years.

Apple's image is getting torn because of this.... SAD!!!!!!!

But, If samsung is found guilty of copying them, then how is that fair? Apple spends the millons and maybe even billions on R&D, then someone else is apple to steal a similar design for free?

Are we even sure they want to get rid of the competition? or want Samsung to pay for using their patents in their design? I remember reading that apple wants samsung to pay a similar price to license their patents as microsoft is charging($5-$15 per device).

Also why would sony sue apple? Did apple steal something from them?

But, If samsung is found guilty of copying them, then how is that fair? Apple spends the millons and maybe even billions on R&D, then someone else is apple to steal a similar design for free?

Are we even sure they want to get rid of the competition? or want Samsung to pay for using their patents in their design? I remember reading that apple wants samsung to pay a similar price to license their patents as microsoft is charging($5-$15 per device).

Also why would sony sue apple? Did apple steal something from

them?

Apple stole the design from Sony (aka. Apple's product looks very similar to Sony's). The lawyer for Samsung released some documents stating that last week but those useful documents cannot be used in this trial because Judge Koh does not want these documents to affect jurors.

Just think about it, everyone uses square or rectangle in their design, does it mean the one who invented square and rectangle can collect huge sum of design fee? Is that is the case, next time there will be people suing Pizza Hut / Dominoes and etc for stealing the circular design.

Apple is childish for suing Samsung, it simply tells us that it cannot keep up with the competition. I do like Apple products and I own Iphones myself. but I simply like Samsung's new devices more.

As much as i am a fan of Android/Google/Samsung I cannot totally dismiss Apple's claims. To say its childish for them to sue Samsung can also be said the other way around. Even though i wouldn't use the word childish.

More at fault is the Patent Office, that allows to give out patents for stuff that just doesn't seem patentable. Especially to items, objects that seem to be used everyday everywhere.

TS

As much as i am a fan of Android/Google/Samsung I cannot totally dismiss Apple's claims. To say its childish for them to sue Samsung can also be said the other way around. Even though i wouldn't use the word childish.

More at fault is the Patent Office, that allows to give out patents for stuff that just doesn't seem patentable. Especially to items, objects that seem to be used everyday everywhere.

TS

Well Said. Suing Samsung over design (aka shape) is just something I have a hard time grasping, and I am not even sure if Apple has its square patented. If so, wth? Maybe someone can tell me why so.

Apple stole the design from Sony (aka. Apple's product looks very similar to Sony's). The lawyer for Samsung released some documents stating that last week but those useful documents cannot be used in this trial because Judge Koh does not want these documents to affect jurors.

Just think about it, everyone uses square or rectangle in their design, does it mean the one who invented square and rectangle can collect huge sum of design fee? Is that is the case, next time there will be people suing Pizza Hut / Dominoes and etc for stealing the circular design.

Apple is childish for suing Samsung, it simply tells us that it cannot keep up with the competition. I do like Apple products and I own Iphones myself. but I simply like Samsung's new devices more.

that sony product was never past design phase, plus Apple has already shown that they have had similar designs prior to the sony design.

You are correct that everyone uses squares and rectangles, BUT prior to the iphone phones were completely different from the iPhone in terms of design. Everyone was using stylus or direction pads. Apple comes in a turns that completely around. Should people be able to copy that, just because using hindsight we can say it is obviously the correct way? Should apple not be compensated for being the innovators of that design?

Let me also say that I believe that Judge Koh should hire outside experts to go though each patent on both sides that the other needs which are currently not licensed, and decide which side gives the greater contribution, then have that side pay an amount proportional to even the contribution.

Apple doesn't want to license anything to Android OEMs. They want to rid themselves of competition by court order.

I don't know why this case is being tried in the public eye either. Both sides are guilty of this. It's just like anything else, fight it out behind closed doors and let me know the verdict. This "in your face" BS is really getting tiresome and it sounds like 2 toddlers fighting over who gets to play with the matches.

Apple doesn't want to license anything to Android OEMs. They want to rid themselves of competition by court order.

I don't know why this case is being tried in the public eye either. Both sides are guilty of this. It's just like anything else, fight it out behind closed doors and let me know the verdict. This "in your face" BS is really getting tiresome and it sounds like 2 toddlers fighting over who gets to play with the matches.

I do not hate Apple or love Samsung but Apple really thinks everything is Apple.

I do not believe that to be true. Steve Jobs might have hated google for copying iOS with android, but he had to have known that they could never get rid of them completely.

According to this article

http://www.theverge....offered-samsung

apple offered to license their patent to samsung back in 2010 as apart of a settlment.

Link to an article that mentions apple wanting 5-15 dollar per device to license its patents.

http://www.androidau...sing-fee-60593/

I agree with fact it needs to be completed behind close doors, but I feel like samsung is throwing the case in hopes to get a mistrial, because their lawyers have been really incompetent.

I do not believe that to be true. Steve Jobs might have hated google for copying iOS with android, but he had to have known that they could never get rid of them completely.

apple offered to license their patent to samsung back in 2010 as apart of a settlment.

Link to an article that mentions apple wanting 5-15 dollar per device to license its patents.

I agree with fact it needs to be completed behind close doors, but I feel like samsung is throwing the case in hopes to get a mistrial, because their lawyers have been really incompetent.

Just want to say what is on my mind:

Paying 5-15 dollars for square / rectangle design fee? I do not think Samsung , Motorola, or Nokia are willing to accept this. If anything, they would be more than happy to pay who invented square or rectangle than paying Apple.

It doesn't say which patent is being licensed. There is a reason why it was turned down. Not to mention, as in the comments, when you pay one patent troll, you get a bunch more with their hands out looking for their tolls. Patents are meant to keep people from copying the work of others, not rethinking it and building something similar.

Why are patents even being discussed here? This is a site about network vision rollout.

I Agree. I've seen too many of these patent topics across various forums, and even the comments in the articles that come out.

Nothing good ever comes from them. The patent battles are getting old..along with the endless discussions that tend to pop up with them.

Don't be all sensitive guys. We are all grown men, I assume, and I enjoy threads like this. Besides, there isn't much NV news left is it? All I care about is Memphis deployment anyways.

Don't bite me little baby >:(

TS

THIS!

When the USPTO allows stuff like the slide to unlock to be granted to apple when the feature was already being used in devices being sold when Apple APPLIED for the patent....things like that should never happen but they do every day evidently....

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

THIS!

When the USPTO allows stuff like the slide to unlock to be granted to apple when the feature was already being used in devices being sold when Apple APPLIED for the patent....things like that should never happen but they do every day evidently....

Oh no, you followed me here also?! When will the horror end

Oh no, you followed me here also?! When will the horror end

Ha don't flatter yourself kid....I've been a member and more active than you for a long time bud. That holds true for other sites too so seems you are the one following me...lol

Welcome to the site btw, best place for info on the network by far!

Are you happy with the s3?

Forgot to add this:

Samsung's phones have their usefulness and Apple's products have their usefulness as well. Two companies create good phones, but I have to admit Apple's product is a bit out-dated till Iphone 5 launches.