Network Vision/LTE - Philadelphia Metro Market (including Lehigh Valley/Reading)

HappyHappy

Bringing this thread back from the dead. Tower in Quakertown, PA at the intersection of Rt. 309 & W. Pumping Station Rd. has been upgraded:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/839/imag0269z.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/40/imag0270u.jpg/

No LTE was being broadcast but 2mb/s 3G.

• Like 1

Bringing this thread back from the dead. Tower in Quakertown, PA at the intersection of Rt. 309 & W. Pumping Station Rd. has been upgraded:

http://imageshack.us.../imag0269z.jpg/

http://imageshack.us.../imag0270u.jpg/

No LTE was being broadcast but 2mb/s 3G.

This makes it official for me. Will be switching to Sprint when my VZW contract expires in December!!!

Towers and all that stuff I don't have a clue about. Sitting at an auto shop today I happened to look up and this caught my attn. This is at 55th & Walnut St. Philadelphia PA. Whatever that is on top of this building I don't ever recall seeing before yet at the same time if I had, I still would not have known what it is.

So my question.....what's these white things?

2012-11-27191523.png

Still no LTE in NE Philadelphia, although I have noticed significantly better 3g and cell performance. Anyone in the Philly area have LTE yet it or any idea when I can expect it?

Work has been underway for a while, however there are no sites in Philly that have been accepted for LTE. I would expect the first LTE sites to come online in the next month or so, however progress has been rather slow lately, so it's hard to say.

Thanks for the quick reply, it feels like I've been waiting forever but I can deal with another month. My buddy has the gs3 on VZW and after using his lte it feels like my gs3 isn't even the same phone. I almost wish I didn't get that little taste of it.

It is interesting that Philly is slower since it was one of the first areas with a pretty wide coverage of WIMAX... This included getting WIMAX in Pottstown near my old private boarding school I attended back in the day... I was back for a reunion early in 2011 when I still had my WIMAX EVO Shift and got decent speeds even inside the dorm I stayed in..

I also hope to see updates in the Lehigh Valley where I went to college...

Thanks for the quick reply, it feels like I've been waiting forever but I can deal with another month. My buddy has the gs3 on VZW and after using his lte it feels like my gs3 isn't even the same phone. I almost wish I didn't get that little taste of it.

The wait will be worth it, trust me. However, when LTE first starts showing up, it won't be all over the place. Sprint is leaving each tower on as they are completed, which means you will first get islands of LTE, that will gradually spread out and grow as more and more towers are completed.

Towers and all that stuff I don't have a clue about. Sitting at an auto shop today I happened to look up and this caught my attn. This is at 55th & Walnut St. Philadelphia PA. Whatever that is on top of this building I don't ever recall seeing before yet at the same time if I had, I still would not have known what it is.

So my question.....what's these white things?

2012-11-27191523.png

The white circle thingee is a small microwave antenna. It is used as a wireless backhaul bridge. The rectangular ones are panels. These do not look like Sprint legacy nor Network Vision panels.

Robert

• 3 weeks later...

IT is sad that Philadelphia still gets no 4G LTE yet. Sprint should never said however many cities have 4G LTE because All the major cities still have no 4G LTE..........

I would have imagined that Sprint would roll out 4G LTE in major cities rather then the smaller ones first.

Edited by HappyHappy

IT is sad that Philadelphia still gets no 4G LTE yet. Sprint should never said however many cities have 4G LTE because All the major cities still have no 4G LTE..........

I would have imagined that Sprint would roll out 4G LTE in major cities rather then the smaller ones first.

Sprint has been actively working in the major cities for over 9 months, including New York City. These very large markets have 500-1200 sites. They take much longer to convert to Network Vision. Smaller cities can be converted much faster. I almost think you would prefer that Sprint not launch cities that are ready because New York, DC and wherever aren't ready yet. And that would be ridiculous.

At least Sprint is turning on sites as they are ready in the larger markets. There is LTE available in a lot of large unlaunched markets. And more and more coverage gets added to these cities every week.

Robert

Anyone know why Philadelphia wasn't included in the latest press release? In the list of cities in the coming months, Philly wasn't included. Are they behind schedule here?

http://newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=2482

Sprint announced Philadelphia a long time ago and the market is actively being deployed now.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-321-sprint-marketing-releases-a-4g-lte-city-list-where-work-is-under-way/

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Few internal Sprint employees have told me that LTE should be active by October through November. It is definitely taking longer than anticipated.

Maybe they are wrong or it is just taking lot more time than they have planned.

Edited by HappyHappy

Few internal Sprint employees have told me that LTE should be active by October through November. It is definitely taking longer than anticipated.

Maybe they are wrong or it is just taking lot more time than they have planned.

Sprint is about 3 months behind in many cases, sometimes more, especially in this market. However, production should continue to ramp up. Several markets have started many months early, so it just comes down to what areas are ready first. Something in this market is taking longer than it should, but we should begin to see things catch up sometime in the next couple months.

Sprint is about 3 months behind in many cases, sometimes more, especially in this market. However, production should continue to ramp up. Several markets have started many months early, so it just comes down to what areas are ready first. Something in this market is taking longer than it should, but we should begin to see things catch up sometime in the next couple months.

Definitely behind schedule. But hope they would do something to catch up .

Sprint announced Philadelphia a long time ago and the market is actively being deployed now.

http://s4gru.com/ind...k-is-under-way/

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

I was told by few internal employees way back to June of 2012 that Philadelphia will get its 4G LTE in September. When September comes, friends told me it would take another month or two for Philly to get its 4G LTE. Now the year has ended and still no 4G LTE. Without a doubt, Sprint is definitely far behind schedule.

Actively been deployed does not mean no sites active in Philadelphia.

* Personally I think if sprint turns on a few site (that is if they have some sites ready) would make lots of people happy even if 4G LTE is not completely active in entire Philadelphia

Edited by HappyHappy

I would be happy just to hear something official from Sprint on when we can expect something. I can appreciate being behind schedule but I've heard the same things as HappyHappy. I'm going to tell them I'm behind schedule my next payment date and see how that flies.

I would be happy just to hear something official from Sprint on when we can expect something. I can appreciate being behind schedule but I've heard the same things as HappyHappy. I'm going to tell them I'm behind schedule my next payment date and see how that flies.

They will tell you that Philadelphia is underway and blah blah blah. Nothing we can do except waiting !!!

They will tell you that Philadelphia is underway and blah blah blah. Nothing we can do except waiting !!!

Well the wait just got shorter! Just went on Sensorly and saw the first patch of LTE for the Philadelphia market!

• Like 5

Well the wait just got shorter! Just went on Sensorly and saw the first patch of LTE for the Philadelphia market!

Indeed, good catch. I'll be passing through the LV later today. Hopefully the sites which I know are upgraded have gone live. I'll check it out.