Network Vision/LTE - Philadelphia Metro Market (including Lehigh Valley/Reading)

HappyHappy

They are scheduled to be underway with the possibly their first couple of sites due before Labor Day. Until either sites start going live or locals start noticing activity, we won't know if they are actually under way as scheduled.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• 3 weeks later...

So everyday to work i take pa rt152 to work. On my way home yesterday as i was on 152 through new britian pa i saw guys working on what could have been a tower atop a water tower. I couldnt stop at the time but on my way to this morning i passed again to a completely outfitted tower. The panels were large enough to be the new 800mhz ones and the equipment looked very NV. Ill take pictures on my way home today. Got super excited at the thought of NV coming this fast. Anyone else in philly market see anything?

• Like 1

So everyday to work i take pa rt152 to work. On my way home yesterday as i was on 152 through new britian pa i saw guys working on what could have been a tower atop a water tower. I couldnt stop at the time but on my way to this morning i passed again to a completely outfitted tower. The panels were large enough to be the new 800mhz ones and the equipment looked very NV. Ill take pictures on my way home today. Got super excited at the thought of NV coming this fast. Anyone else in philly market see anything?

This is the first report of work in the Philly market. It should be under way now. This is good news. Thanks for the affirmation. Keep us posted. :cool:

So i passed by today and and did take some pictures. It is definitely a cell tower atop the water tower, with the crew back again. The panels on top are a bit smaller then those on the bottom. Ive read here the lower mhz panels are larger so 1900 on top and 800 below? Hopefully this is even sprints tower.

http://db.tt/x4uma8c7

http://db.tt/xl6uoq3V

http://db.tt/0Bs70h8e

Sorry for the distance, a little difficult to get a good shot. Also last picture, are those more panels on the water tower opposite it?

Hopefully this is even sprints tower.

Just become a sponsor here at S4GRU and you will gain access to the exclusive maps showing exactly where all the Sprint NV towers are. Then you can easily test your own theory about that.

I plan on donating tomorrow, payday:-) . Even so i imagine this wouldbt be on the maps just yet, maps show completed sites accepted by sprint, which i highly doubt this has been with the crew still present, or all towers schedulded for NV? Either way ill see tomorrow. This site is great, new hobby haha. Just waiting for some funds to show some love.

I plan on donating tomorrow, payday:-) . Even so i imagine this wouldbt be on the maps just yet, maps show completed sites accepted by sprint, which i highly doubt this has been with the crew still present, or all towers schedulded for NV? Either way ill see tomorrow. This site is great, new hobby haha. Just waiting for some funds to show some love.

There are also maps in the sponsor section which show all towers that will eventually get upgrades in a market. The premier sponsor maps also have dates for when towers are scheduled to begin and complete different phases of NV work. Well worth becoming a sponsor, and definitely worth becoming a premier sponsor if you can.

There also are other S4GRU maps that show all the towers regardless of status.

I sort of doubt that what you saw is a Sprint tower under construction, since there are very few wholly new towers in the NV project, and Sprint is not dong much to expand its tower footprint. The NV project basically uses the existing Sprint towers and refits them with new antennas and radios.

Im not sure if its a new tower, i doubt it as well based on like you said not many new towers. . Sorry for the confusion in first post, i meant more i had never payed much attention to the the water tower before i saw the crew working on it so for all i know it could have been a tower before. Do the pictures help to identify it as sprints?

Im not sure if its a new tower, i doubt it as well based on like you said not many new towers. . Sorry for the confusion in first post, i meant more i had never payed much attention to the the water tower before i saw the crew working on it so for all i know it could have been a tower before. Do the pictures help to identify it as sprints?

The easiest way to solve the mystery is to look at the interactive NV project map for that area, zoom in and see if that site is on it.

Okay after i donate ill look it up and let you guys know.

Great. When you do that, the best place to post is in one of the sponsor forums, where the map data can be discussed in detail. Posting confidential sponsor data in this public forum would sort of be casting pearls before swine.

Great. When you do that, the best place to post is in one of the sponsor forums, where the map data can be discussed in detail. Posting confidential sponsor data in this public forum would sort of be casting pearls before swine.

LOL, do you read the things you post before you post them???

LOL, do you read the things you post before you post them???

Perhaps the idiomatic phrase I used just went over your head? It's in the common vernacular, although originating from a biblical reference. Certain information is reserved for sponsors, that's all. That's why there are special sponsor forums for discussing that stuff.

• Like 1

Perhaps the idiomatic phrase I used just went over your head? It's in the common vernacular, although originating from a biblical reference. Certain information is reserved for sponsors, that's all. That's why there are special sponsor forums for discussing that stuff.

Over my head? Not so much, simply dramatic and uncalled for... oh and perhaps condescending? Some personalities on this "friendly" site.

In my mind his comment is clearly a tongue in cheek reference and not to be condescending.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

• Like 1

In my mind his comment is clearly a tongue in cheek reference and not to be condescending.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

Yes, that's how I meant to use the common metaphor. If anyone is offended, I am sorry. But the serious matter-of-fact point remains so I don't want this to be a distraction. There have been a few too many cases of sponsors repeating the private detailed data in the public forums. Anyone is welcome to become a sponsor, and if they do they need to be aware of the site's rules. When I need to discuss the privileged data, I try to make my comments in the privileged forums provided for that purpose.

• Like 1

Not sure where else to post this but....I was passing by the Lancaster Airport today in Littiz and I saw in the log that my Epic connected to SMR. BSID-369 SID-22429

SMR.png

Edited by Qew204

Work has been going on in and around Philly area for some time. How I know? I had a patient who was in a car accident as he was leaving a job site. He ended up with a fracture in one of his vertebra. I asked him what he does for a living. Mentioned some communications company. I said I'd never heard of it. So he goes on to tell me they are contracted by Sprint to update their tower sites. Of course I knew exactly what he was talking about. Lucky guy. No paralysis. Had surgery to fix the fracture. This was back in late June,maybe early July.

• Like 1

Work has been going on in and around Philly area for some time. How I know? I had a patient who was in a car accident as he was leaving a job site. He ended up with a fracture in one of his vertebra. I asked him what he does for a living. Mentioned some communications company. I said I'd never heard of it. So he goes on to tell me they are contracted by Sprint to update their tower sites. Of course I knew exactly what he was talking about. Lucky guy. No paralysis. Had surgery to fix the fracture. This was back in late June' date='maybe early July.[/quote']

Thanks for the info. This corroborates the schedule. We just haven't seen any sites go live yet. Should be soon, then.