Network Vision/LTE - Oklahoma Market

Serious

Was at H&H gun range today I had once but it only showed on that one speed test out of 3.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

After I posted the above question I went to the sprint store on NW Expressway and the phones where connected to eHRPD. Has there been a pattern that one could estimate a site could go live once eHRPD is active?

Edited by Serious

Sure someone will correct me if I am wrong but from what I understand, you can't determine when LTE will launch by eHRPD going live.

Edited by Richmc
  • Like 1

After I posted the above question I went to the sprint store on NW Expressway and the phones where connected to eHRPD. Has there been a pattern that one could estimate a site could go live once eHRPD is active?

eHRPD is not an indication of whether a site is about to go live with NV. It does mean Sprint software updated the tower software. eHRPD is necessary for handing down from LTE to 3G smoothly.

It could be that they turned it on because markets near oklahoma have or are about to have lte, namely DFW, Kansas, or Missouri.

Pure speculation here, but when I first noticed eHRPD, it was only in a few places then it covered all of Tulsa. Sometime after that or during and I just didn't notice, my 3G speeds became excellent. So maybe you can look forward to that. Emphasis on maybe

Thats the bad thing about using Tapatalk, I never see the wall.

Hopefully OKC and Tulsa won't be far behind.

Edited by Richmc
  • Like 1

Phandroid has a story up that says work has begun in more cities including Ardmore

Our article was up first. ;)

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-335-sprint-marketing-updates-4g-lte-city-list-where-work-is-under-way-and-adds-9-more-communities/

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

That's awesome! I'm guessing we'll be stealing parts of the crews from Kansas.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I'm pretty sure OK will have its own subcontractors. At least they better.

• Like 1

I see that Robert. Just that using Tapatalk I didn't see the article.

Robert posts the links to new wall posts in a forum. That's how I see them. I have never been able to post on the wall itself from my phone though, it just doesn't do anything when I hit submit.

Sent from my EVO sometimes-LTE

I will not have access to the sponsor maps again till next week but in Ardmore I am only seeing one tower on sprints network page. If that is the case, should be a fast roll out there lol.

There are a few more in the greater Ardmore metropolis.
That's the first time I've ever heard Ardmore referred to as a metropolis. :lol:

• Like 1

That's the first time I've ever heard Ardmore referred to as a metropolis. :lol:

I am usually pretty good at cities and such from my daily job. I had to go look this one up. That place must have grown since the 2010 census!

Sent from my EVO sometimes-LTE

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've been watching my home tower like a hawk (on my way to and from work). I haven't seen anything yet but I know a glorious day will come when I see new panels. I've seen a number of towers in Tulsa that look like NV sites when in fact they're AT&T sites.

It would awesome to see an nv site though. Let me know if you see or hear any more about that 41st st site.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Well, the greater Ardmore "metropolis" does include Gene Autry, OK, which is a bit like Truth or Consequences, NM.

AJ

• Like 1

When does anyone think Oklahoma will be taken off the TBD list? With the announcement I thought there would be some more information site planning wise that would give away more details.

Only markets under deployment or starting deployment are listed. The reason there are TBD's is because there is no dates yet of first LTE sites, anticpated launch or anticipated completion.

I haven't seen any work being done at sites in the OKC Metro. I know where most of the Sprint sites are and I've been watching, but nothing so far. The only activity I'm seeing is T-Mobile has finally moved into the area to start their refarm.

• Like 1

While I haven't seen any activity in person in OKC, I think I might have spotted NV-style cabinets in OKC on NW Expressway at the site that sits atop Weokie Credit Union. There are also several panels that look new (they're very white as opposed to off-white like the rest). I'll try to get a closer look with a good zoom lens this weekend.

• Like 2