Upload: 1.65 Mbps

Ping: 50 ms

External IP: 24.35.18.77

Internal IP: 29.96.114.162

Latitude: 39.1098

Longitude: -76.8063

A detailed image for this result can be found here:

http://www.speedtest.net/iphone/338241903.png

Ookla operates Speedtest.net using a massive global infrastructure to minimize the impact of Internet congestion and latency. With millions of tests performed every day across hundreds of servers, Speedtest.net is the ultimate resource for bandwidth testing and related information. Visit it on your computer today to find out why

Test Date: Oct 1, 2012 5:53 AM

Connection Type: Cellular

Server: Baltimore, MD

Download: 9.17 Mbps

Upload: 1.65 Mbps

Ping: 50 ms

External IP: 24.35.18.77

Internal IP: 29.96.114.162

Latitude: 39.1098

Longitude: -76.8063

That Lat/Long indicates a site that is in the Baltimore market.

I got 5 down and 2.5 up of LTE at 450 & Superior Lane in Bowie from the DC Beta Server. I'll try to send pic out soon.

Bowie is definitely in the DC market. Odell tried this site a few weeks ago when it was completed and showed up on our completed sites map. Glad to see it is live.

The next time you connect to this site, if you can please run the Sensorly app to plot the connections, we would appreciate it. Thanks!

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

With more and more NV towers coming online, I'm noticing much better data speeds in the western end of NoVA. Not perfect; even in Reston I see some towers are completed, and others are not, and my own office is served by a tower that is not complete. It's still getting much better.

• Like 1

I should be buying a SGSIII sometime soon so that I can start plotting my area with the Sensorly app, but it seems as though there is already 4G LTE around Takoma Park and Silver Spring. On the sensorly web page is it the second or first 4G? Because I haven't picked up WiMax on an OG EVO, so I'm thinking it must be LTE.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm completely wrong on all counts. First of all there is no LTE in my area, and there are also now labels on the 4G since I last checked it (about last week). However, I'm hoping I can get lucky and I will pick up on some LTE once I finally get around to buying an SGSIII.

Edited by feteru

I should be buying a SGSIII sometime soon so that I can start plotting my area with the Sensorly app, but it seems as though there is already 4G LTE around Takoma Park and Silver Spring. On the sensorly web page is it the second or first 4G? Because I haven't picked up WiMax on an OG EVO, so I'm thinking it must be LTE.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm completely wrong on all counts. First of all there is no LTE in my area, and there are also now labels on the 4G since I last checked it (about last week). However, I'm hoping I can get lucky and I will pick up on some LTE once I finally get around to buying an SGSIII.

If you go back today, you should see that Sprint 4G-WiMax is labeled separately. LTE is the plain Sprint 4G

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If you go back today, you should see that Sprint 4G-WiMax is labeled separately. LTE is the plain Sprint 4G

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yeah, I saw that, and edited it accordingly. Sorry to ninja-edit you. Also, I'm astounded at the amount of WiMax reported on there, considering I've almost never used it. Off to do some speed tests with it, to see if I even get it at my house.

I asked about the DC 4G LTE deployment when I was at a Sprint store yesterday' date=' the agent told me that it will be another 6-8 months!! Don't know if the agent was told to say this, but from October to this statement, sheesh! :angry:[/quote']

This is not accurate. This is the first time I've heard of store personnel being inaccurate to the other extreme. In our Sponsor maps you can see all the completed NV sites to date. It gets updated every week.

Robert via Moto Photon Q using Forum Runner

I asked about the DC 4G LTE deployment when I was at a Sprint store yesterday, the agent told me that it will be another 6-8 months!! Don't know if the agent was told to say this, but from October to this statement, sheesh! :angry:

Sprint store reps usually never know what they're talking about. DC is a pretty big market, so even if it doesn't start on schedule, the deployment will definitely start before 2013. In fact, it may already be deploying but just not discoverable.

The rep could've been talking about when the whole DC area will be done, which does sound accurate.

99% percent of the time a regular customer or even a 1st line rep is not going to talk with someone in the know about the contractors schedule. It's just all hearsay and rumors for the most part.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Sprint store reps usually never know what they're talking about. DC is a pretty big market' date=' so even if it doesn't start on schedule, the deployment will definitely start before 2013. In fact, it may already be deploying but just not discoverable.

The rep could've been talking about when the whole DC area will be done, which does sound accurate.[/quote']

The deployment started months ago in the DC market. We are tracking them in our Sponsor maps.

• Like 1

The deployment started months ago in the DC market. We are tracking them in our Sponsor maps.

Ah, right. I forgot that 3G was part of NV too, haha.

Ah' date=' right. I forgot that 3G was part of NV too, haha.[/quote']

No, ha ha. There are two accepted 4G sites in the DC market and dozens that have had work done, but yet to be accepted

• Like 1

What does that mean' date=' exactly? Are we still getting LTE this month?[/quote']

Not likely. There may be some sporadic signals to start appearing soon. But I think the earliest you can expect prelaunch is November now.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

Not likely. There may be some sporadic signals to start appearing soon. But I think the earliest you can expect prelaunch is November now.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

Nooooooooo. Oh well, I'll have the better part of two years with LTE likely, so it's fine.

I drove down to Alexandria on I-95 today, and didn't get any LTE after Laurel. I was disappointed, to say the least. :dep:

You're not alone... the snails pace of rollout in the DMV is disappointing. I'm curious if Alcatel-Lucent's financial struggles have anything to do with the speed of deployment.

You're not alone... the snails pace of rollout in the DMV is disappointing. I'm curious if Alcatel-Lucent's financial struggles have anything to do with the speed of deployment.

After driving around Baltimore, I expected so much. Hopefully A-L will speed it up in the coming weeks.