Network Vision/LTE - DFW Market (Dallas/Ft. Worth/Wichita Falls)

purpleunicorn

The most recent map of completed NV towers lacks coverage shows no entries for northern suburbs such as Plano, Frisco, The Colony, Carrollton, and Lewisville. Two towers in Richardson show up, and about an hour ago I established a 4G LTE connection to the one just north of UTD. Then there's one isolated completed tower just South of 380 on Preston Road.

The Ft. Worth area shows a lot more completed towers than the Dallas area.

Bob

Actualyyyyyyy I'm happy to say I finally have lte in Frisco

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

Actualyyyyyyy I'm happy to say I finally have lte in Frisco

I see a tower scheduled for August about a mile from my office in Hall Office Park. The tower is at 3966 Parkwood Blvd, a bit Northeast of Parkwood & Gaylord.

A tower in Plano a mile or so from my house is also scheduled for August.

Soon!!!

I flew into and out of San Antonio over the weekend. Several times I briefly saw an LTE connection while inside the airport, but the EVO LTE wouldn't hold onto it. Driving 410 between the airport and US 90, then West on 90 I noted what appeared to be LTE connections to more than one tower. Unfortunately I couldn't stop to investigate. While having a piece of pie at Marie Callendar's I unfortunately remained stuck with a 3G connection. But the pie was good! :)

Bob

• Like 1

I see a tower scheduled for August about a mile from my office in Hall Office Park. The tower is at 3966 Parkwood Blvd, a bit Northeast of Parkwood & Gaylord.

A tower in Plano a mile or so from my house is also scheduled for August.

Soon!!!

I flew into and out of San Antonio over the weekend. Several times I briefly saw an LTE connection while inside the airport, but the EVO LTE wouldn't hold onto it. Driving 410 between the airport and US 90, then West on 90 I noted what appeared to be LTE connections to more than one tower. Unfortunately I couldn't stop to investigate. While having a piece of pie at Marie Callendar's I unfortunately remained stuck with a 3G connection. But the pie was good!

Bob

I bet it was! :rolleyes: Plano isn't Too far from McKinney

Not sure what is going on in DFW. For last two weeks I've been getting 4G signals in more and more places, faster speed tests... Then this week they have completely regressed. I'm not getting signals in places I once was, and in places where I was getting download speeds of 20-30 Mbps I'm now getting <1.0, even though I'm showing a full strength 4G signal. WTH?!?!?

The first set was run near 377 and 820.

The second set was run near glade and 26.

speedtest2.jpg

speedtest.jpg

Edited by brizzyintx
  • Like 1

We are discussing the same issue in the Houston thread. I think its all the MW sites are having some issues. Its probably reverting to T1 backhaul while they are working through the problem. It probably won't be like this for long. Keep us posted as to what you see. Thanks.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

LIve in Plano ... work in Dallas at North Tollway and 635. No 4G LTE in Plano. At work, I get a very weak 4G signal -- bounces back and forth between 4G, 3G and roaming. When I do have 4G, it's very slow. Almost always less than 1Mbps. Hope this improves in coming weeks. My Evo 4G saw better speeds on WiMax than I'm seeing on my SGIII.

I was at dinner tonight in Fort Worth when I picked up a weak 4g signal. It was switching back and forth between 4g and 3g. I managed to run a speed test but didn't look up the RSSI (or whatever that is for 4g).

post-2939-13444782415264_thumb.jpg

It's not a stellar speed, but considering that the signal wasn't consistent...it was usable.

Sent from my GS3 on Tapatalk 2

Really? I work near the airport and and have only picked up a weak LTE signal a couple times.

I was at Love Field so maybe that's it? And then I had a layover in san antonio where I had 4 bars consistently and NOW I'm in my house in Atlanta and I have 3 bars

• Like 2

I was at Love Field so maybe that's it? And then I had a layover in san antonio where I had 4 bars consistently and NOW I'm in my house in Atlanta and I have 3 bars

That is good news. But remember that the "bars" display on the GS3 with an LTE data connection is not based on the LTE signal, but on the 1x signal. I hope you were also getting good LTE data speeds.

That is good news. But remember that the "bars" display on the GS3 with an LTE data connection is not based on the LTE signal, but on the 1x signal. I hope you were also getting good LTE data speeds.

I was! I would post them but it says upload too big

Having just left DFW airport, I can tell you that I did not even get a taste of LTE from there to Mansfield. We shall see when Sprint starts to pay attention to the area near Joe Pool Lake. I have decided not to hold my breath, though.

Having just left DFW airport, I can tell you that I did not even get a taste of LTE from there to Mansfield. We shall see when Sprint starts to pay attention to the area near Joe Pool Lake. I have decided not to hold my breath, though.

I was at love field....a good 30 minutes from DFW

• Like 1

Ah. That explains it. I work near DFW.

Yeah, I have gotten 4G near the downtown Dallas area. Just nothing near DFW. I guess Sprint has their reasons!

That kind of surprises me. All of the travelers through DFW, all of the hotels around the airport, and all of the industry surrounding it.. I guess they're more concerned about private residences. Which is good, it just doesn't help me out here at work. LOL

BTW, got a great signal sitting at the bar on Friday. 35W in between Basswood and Western Center. 12-13 Mbps indoors.

• Like 1

That kind of surprises me. All of the travelers through DFW, all of the hotels around the airport, and all of the industry surrounding it.. I guess they're more concerned about private residences. Which is good, it just doesn't help me out here at work. LOL

BTW, got a great signal sitting at the bar on Friday. 35W in between Basswood and Western Center. 12-13 Mbps indoors.

Nothing near DFW. Colliville has a tower with it. It's all mostly Ft Worth or Dallas. AFW has a tower, but it's heavily pointed toward the Speedway.

Sprint has a DAS system at DFW. These are more complex to convert than a normal site. Love Field is just served from two adjacent sites and doesn't have DAS.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

I get LTE on the south side of DFW Airport (360 & Trinity), then again at 360 & 303. Been getting it for a couple of weeks now. I work right next to the Grand Prairie Airport and get LTE also.

• Like 1