Network Vision/LTE - South Carolina Market (Columbia/Greenville/Spartanburg)

wyndd123

I wonder if this will have any effect on coverage around Williams Brice stadium during the football games.

I hope so. I hate not having any signal at all at games. Really want to check other scores.

• 1 month later...

I know it's still a little early but was curious of I'd there was any news to the Upstate (Greenville, Anderson, Spartanburg, etc) areas of LTE. We managed to get 4G wimax ina smaller town Greer inside of Greenville but never made it out side of that.

Any thoughts?

I know it's still a little early but was curious of I'd there was any news to the Upstate (Greenville' date=' Anderson, Spartanburg, etc) areas of LTE. We managed to get 4G wimax ina smaller town Greer inside of Greenville but never made it out side of that.

Any thoughts?[/quote']

The South Carolina market will not begin deployment until some time in 2013.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 1

The South Carolina market will not begin deployment until some time in 2013.

Thanks for the quick response! Was just curious because I found out that we had wimax here and never knew. It doesn't show up on sprints website but did clear wires. So figured we weren't gonna be one of the last lol

Thanks for the quick response! Was just curious because I found out that we had wimax here and never knew. It doesn't show up on sprints website but did clear wires. So figured we weren't gonna be one of the last lol

The WiMax sites in the GSP area are Protection Sites. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6-what-are-protection-sites/

Smh, it's always next year this next year that.. Man come on Sprint

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Columbia has been awful with 3G speeds up until the last month or so. Seems as if the band aid fixes will make the wait a bit easier until NV gets here. I've been consistently getting speeds in the 1-2 Mbps range for downloads, and around 1 Mbps uploads. Was getting 0.01-0.10 Mbps DL a lot before. I'll probably be moved to Charlotte, NC (next May) well before Sprint starts in Cola Town.

Here is a Speedtest done just a few minutes ago...

speedtest.png

I travel up there frequently so I feel your pain. Sprint is the epitome of awful in that area (one of the few areas I can say I've been dissatisfied with Sprint in). Last time I was there my phone was completely unusable around downtown, USC, and the surrounding areas. Glad to hear they have improved a little since then though! It's going to be a long process, but I'm excited for what's to come with Sprint.

Lol every time I look at it makes me hopeful' date=' but in the mean time just sit back and wait... As the eager thoughts of evil red and their lte network. I am trying to hold out I really am :-\[/quote']

Keep hanging on. When I was up in Washington state over the weekend and the pre-NV speeds were up over 1 Mbps it makes me hopeful for what is to come, and I'm not in the 1st 2 rounds of Network Vision.

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

I was on the Sprint campus a few months back, and as I was landing at the airport nearby, I realized I wasn't in NY anymore. Cows surrounding the airport, and everything was flat and featureless.

Man, if you think KC is flat and featureless, you'll flip if you ever make it west of Salina.
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Just happened to check today, and found that my phone is now connected to eHRPD here in Columbia, SC! I recall seeing posts before about eHRPD just being a software update, but hopefully this means something for the SC market.

Screenshot_2012-10-21-17-11-33.png

Just happened to check today, and found that my phone is now connected to eHRPD here in Columbia, SC! I recall seeing posts before about eHRPD just being a software update, but hopefully this means something for the SC market.

Yea doesn't mean alot..but might black out your phone number in image :)

• Like 1

Noticed they upgraded most of the towers adding carriers and T1/Fiber runs and have cut out a lot of further updates. Speed has increased most everywhere I've seen, from 150 to 300kbps, and 300 to 600kbps, etc. If the earlier report was right about fiber coming downtown I'm sure that was a big part of it. Latency to Spirit (downtown Columbia) is still horrible, even when 2 miles away. Much faster communicating with Greensboro, NC test server. Hope this gets nailed down as it seems to be a terrible routing setup.