• Please log in to reply
340 replies to this topic

#41 JohnHovah

JohnHovah

We're Still Here

• Honored Premier Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Note 5, S7, S7Edge, LG G3,G4,G5,Flex,Flex2 (SatModems,SatPhones,VZW/ATT Hotspots)
  • LocationSan Diego California, United States

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:43 AM

I am part of those who donated $1 dollar -_- , I am sorry I couldn't donate more. I am a college student and can't afford much, my Sprint bill is already killing me, I know 5+ bucks won't kill anyone but that is my metro card money! I don't need to be upgraded to sponsor as I did it for kindness. Love the site and I hope the best.

^^^^^^^ Hey Robert, What would you think of adding a gift donation option? (sponsorship?) one of us senior(let me turn on my hearing aid) members could give the gift of sponsorship, because that would be awesome. #PayItForward

Posted Image

#42 twospirits

twospirits

S4GRU Moderator

• S4GRU Staff
  • 3,330 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Galaxy S7 Edge
  • LocationQueens, NY

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:46 AM

^lol funny pic and I agree that would be awesome.

TS

Members, want to make this place better, just ask the staff. Remember, the "No' is always there, you are just looking for the "Yes". and please read the guidelines, otherwise you may end up in Banlandia.

S4GRU Honors List.

Unhide to view links to special docs..

Spoiler

#43 S4GRU

S4GRU

S4GRU Administrator

• Administrator
  • 28,570 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Nexus 6P, Nexus 6, Nexus 5, OnePlus 2, Kyocera Brigadier
  • LocationAnywhere USA

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:10 AM

^^^^^^^ Hey Robert, What would you think of adding a gift donation option? (sponsorship?) one of us senior(let me turn on my hearing aid) members could give the gift of sponsorship, because that would be awesome. #PayItForward

I have received gift donations via PayPal in the past for others. I had one person even pay for someone to upgrade to the Premier level. All you need to do is write in the Comments section of the PayPal donation that you are Sponsoring someone else and their screen name.

Robert

#44 Odell

Odell

Member Level: eHRPD

• S4GRU Premier Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Phones/Devices:HTC Evo 4G LTE; HTC EVO 4G running CM 7.2
  • LocationWashington Metro Area

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:40 PM

I have received gift donations via PayPal in the past for others. I had one person even pay for someone to upgrade to the Premier level. All you need to do is write in the Comments section of the PayPal donation that you are Sponsoring someone else and their screen name.

Robert

Robert, if this is done, would you be willing to keep the name of the Sponsor anonymous? Some folks like to do good deeds without making it public knowledge.

#45 S4GRU

S4GRU

S4GRU Administrator

• Administrator
  • 28,570 posts
  • LocationAnywhere USA

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:42 PM

Robert, if this is done, would you be willing to keep the name of the Sponsor anonymous? Some folks like to do good deeds without making it public knowledge.

Absolutely. I always keep them anonymous, unless asked. Which no one has.

Robert

#46 WiWavelength

WiWavelength

S4GRU Technical Editor

• S4GRU Staff Member
  • 17,569 posts
  • Phones/Devices:N/A
  • LocationN/A

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:22 PM

If you wish to sponsor another member, we greatly appreciate your generosity, and you can do so anonymously. The only way that anyone will know is that your avatar will temporarily change to an image of Sally Struthers (the South Park version).

Posted Image

AJ

#47 JohnHovah

JohnHovah

We're Still Here

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Note 5, S7, S7Edge, LG G3,G4,G5,Flex,Flex2 (SatModems,SatPhones,VZW/ATT Hotspots)

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:23 PM

If you wish to sponsor another member, we greatly appreciate your generosity, and you can do so anonymously. The only way that anyone will know is that your avatar will temporarily change to an image of Sally Struthers (the South Park version).

Posted Image

AJ

What?!?! We can't have Martha Stewart show us a new way to eat?

Posted Image

#48 JohnHovah

JohnHovah

We're Still Here

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:42 PM

Hey

Robert

Robert

Hey Robert. Do we have an current estimate of the number of members now part of the community?

#49 S4GRU

S4GRU

S4GRU Administrator

• Administrator
  • 28,570 posts
  • LocationAnywhere USA

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:43 PM

Hey

Hey Robert. Do we have an current estimate of the number of members now part of the community?

3,714 total number of members at this very moment.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

#50 adonis2886

adonis2886

Member Level: Morse Code

• S4GRU Member
  • 12 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Galaxy Nexus (AOKP 4.1.1 JB)
  • LocationJacksonville

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:01 PM

Just sent my donation... i feel a little bit less like a freeloader ;)

#51 ktulu909

ktulu909

Member Level: 3G EVDO

• S4GRU Member
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Samsung Galaxy SIII
  • LocationWestwego,LA

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:53 PM

Just sent mine in,thanks for everything that goes into keeping all of this up to date

#52 monclo

monclo

Member Level: Smoke Signals

• S4GRU Member
  • 7 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Galaxy Nexus
  • LocationPuerto Rico

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:42 AM

Donated :)

#53 PythonFanTN

PythonFanTN

Member Level: 4G WiMax

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  • Phones/Devices:LG G5 (Titan)
  • LocationElizabethtown, PA

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:26 PM

Just a thought after reading through this thread, but I know I've seen on other voluntary donation-run sites where there is a visible bar/meter which shows progress towards each monthly expense goal and shows filled when met. I think if you could somehow incorporate something along those lines such that it displays on top of every rendered page throughout the site for example, it would help serve as a reminder/encouragement for those of us who can to donate regularly to do so.

Granted, I can only speak for myself, but at least for my own part anyway seeing such a bar 'incomplete' would definitely serve as a reminder and motivator as opposed to being left to remember/think about doing so on my own. Between getting older (and the inherent memory slips that are progressively becoming more prominent sadly) and the ability to be distracted in general, I wouldn't trust myself on a regular basis even if the underlying intent otherwise is there.
“Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do. But it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving.”---Dale Carnegie.

#54 quasi

quasi

• S4GRU Member
  • 4 posts
  • Phones/Devices:epic 4g
  • LocationMN

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:10 PM

Could someone please provide the specific differences between which maps are or are not available at the 2 sponsor levels? The basic sponsorship level just says "some interactive maps." I'd like to know which maps I still wouldn't be able to see unless I became a premier sponsor. (Unfortunately, I cannot donate $100!)

#55 JohnHovah

JohnHovah

We're Still Here

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:21 PM

Could someone please provide the specific differences between which maps are or are not available at the 2 sponsor levels? The basic sponsorship level just says "some interactive maps." I'd like to know which maps I still wouldn't be able to see unless I became a premier sponsor. (Unfortunately, I cannot donate $100!)

The premier sponsor maps provide additional information concerning the build out status of the particular tower. i.e. estimated upgrade times, backhaul install timeframes, deinstall dates, etc.

essentially it provides much more information than just the tower name and location

#56 quasi

quasi

• S4GRU Member
  • 4 posts
  • Phones/Devices:epic 4g
  • LocationMN

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:22 PM

The premier sponsor maps provide additional information concerning the build out status of the particular tower. i.e. estimated upgrade times, backhaul install timeframes, deinstall dates, etc.

essentially it provides much more information than just the tower name and location

Thanks for the info. It sounds like the premier level is what I'd need for my purposes.

#57 S4GRU

S4GRU

S4GRU Administrator

• Administrator
  • 28,570 posts
  • LocationAnywhere USA

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:03 PM

Also note that the expanded detail in the Premier Sponsor maps are for the First and Second Round of Network Vision only. S4GRU currently does not have detailed information on 3rd and 4th Round markets. We do have site maps of all Sprint sites (regardless of Round) in the standard Sponsor section.

Robert

#58 Febby

Febby

Member Level: Digital

• S4GRU Member
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Phones/Devices:sgs2
  • LocationL.A, CA

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:55 PM

Just sent over a small donation, nothing huge at all, if anything its a frown but I felt very little bit I can do for now to show some love for the knowledgeable information I read on here daily. :)

#59 chunkyrice

chunkyrice

Member Level: iDEN *chirp*

• S4GRU Premier Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Nexus 5 Paranoid Android / Nexus 6P Pure Nexus / Nexus 7 N Preview
  • LocationBaldwin Park, CA

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

Hope my donation helps in keeping the site running. I just wanted to thank you for setting this site up.

#60 Tomas

Tomas

Member Level: 1x Advanced

• S4GRU Premier Sponsor
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Motorola Photon Q (XT897)
  • LocationUniversity Place, WA

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:53 AM

I just keep sending in my monthly $10. Eventually I might even make it to the next level. :)

Sent from Photon Q LTE - Tapatalk

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sponsor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users