Network Vision/LTE - Las Vegas Market

Timbax

Oh yes, I've driven that roads for years and years and years. And my phone said Sprint while Field Test showed Bands 2 & 17. My friends phone was showing Sprint 3G only.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus using Tapatalk Pro

Did you try an airplane mode toggle on either of the two phones?

Did you try an airplane mode toggle on either of the two phones?

Nope. Didn't want to lose my LTE data.

Nope. Didn't want to lose my LTE data.

Maybe try it next time and let us know what happens. It would be really interesting if the phone latched onto AT&T LTE over Sprint CDMA.

Maybe try it next time and let us know what happens. It would be really interesting if the phone latched onto AT&T LTE over Sprint CDMA.

I'm on my way back that way now. It was a day trip to LA.

Time to live dangerously.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Actually, the slow ping times made it a bit of a drag, but Tapatalk works great.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I just came back from Vegas after spending a week there for work. Few things did improve. I was staying at the Mandalay Bay and almost 90% I was on Wifi there automatically. Phone automatically connected me to Wifi called 'CDOBM connected via Mobilitie Wi-Fi'

Several areas on the strip are still horrible for data. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I just came back from Vegas after spending a week there for work. Few things did improve. I was staying at the Mandalay Bay and almost 90% I was on Wifi there automatically. Phone automatically connected me to Wifi called 'CDOBM connected via Mobilitie Wi-Fi'

Good to know. I assume this was a Passpoint network and it won't work on Pixels/Nexus as usual?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
Back in Vegas again. Shocking to say this but I've noticed a bit of an improvement. Areas before where data was useless before actually works this time. Wow!

B26 or higher B25 maybe? Or More B41?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• 8 months later...
Anyone know if Vegas has 15x15 B25? Someone claims they saw it there 

We lost a phone so my current sprint device is an iPhone 4. If things change, I will be able to test it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be in Vegas next Monday for work, so if I can, I'll try to see if there is 15x15 B25. Out in Pahrump we are still limited to 10x10 B25.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marty R. Paz said:

We lost a phone so my current sprint device is an iPhone 4. If things change, I will be able to test it.

Welcome to the forums fellow Southern Nevada resident!

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums fellow Southern Nevada resident!

Same to you! It’s refreshing to hear that sprint has invested in their network over the hump.

My primary device is a TMO iPhone X. I do have a current generation Sprint iPad, but don’t know how to check my connectivity type with/without the magic box turned on.

24 minutes ago, Marty R. Paz said:

Same to you! It’s refreshing to hear that sprint has invested in their network over the hump.

My primary device is a TMO iPhone X. I do have a current generation Sprint iPad, but don’t know how to check my connectivity type with/without the magic box turned on.

Invest? I wish. Other than replacing existing equipment with Network Vision and then Tri-band antennas, it's still the same as it was pre-2015 when LTE first went live. The same 2 sites still serve all of Pahrump. I was told that they won't expand service here "because of the pending merger". I wish they would change their mind about that.

Now I can't complain too much because overall quality of the Sprint network has improved drastically since I switched to Sprint 8 years ago. For areas undercovered by Sprint LTE, roaming on TMO LTE has helped a lot too.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 10/10/2017 at 8:57 AM, mnjeepmale said:

CDOBM stands for Carrier Data Offload By Mobilitie.  It is a Passpoint enabled network where carriers in partnership with Mobilitie can have their subscribers securely auto-authenticate for an unlimited Wi-Fi experience and QoS for Wi-Fi calling.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by S4GRU
Fixed Quote Error

• 2 years later...